Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / fpsc to agk... some minor graphic glitches to report

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 02:21
so i tested out fpsc to agk just to see how it works... have found some graphic glitches that happen , not sure if its from the doorway cutouts or if its from my ground layer between the walls.

here is the produced agk file for investigation for the tgc team.

if you turn around at level start you will see the triangle mesh problems...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 18:45 Edited at: 14th Oct 2014 18:50
Hi SoftMotion3D,

I have been trying to reproduce this issue, however without success. When I download the zip you have uploaded I do get the issue when I run the exe (see attached image on the left), which I assume is what you are getting also.

However when I actually go in to FPSC try and recreate the scene using the same segments, and then convert the level, the issue does not appear for me? (see attached image on the right)

Have you any idea why this might be? Is there anything different you are doing, for example modifying the models or anything like that? Just to see if I can figure out what is causing the issue. If not try removing the affected area in FPSC and recreating it, see if that makes any difference. I assume when you run the level in FPSC this issue doesn't occur?

Thanks
Ashley

Attachments

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 18:59 Edited at: 14th Oct 2014 19:11
i just installed fpsc fresh, with model packs 2,3,4

how about i post my actual level file... when i get home tonight after work i will post it. thanks for taking the time to look at it.

edit: also i couldnt help notice that doors are not exported...just cut out. can the fpsctoagk tool also port those meshes out for people to code in manually? to obj format of coarse....

oh the door cut out that i used was the model that says key required....if that helps any?

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2014 01:59
The first thing to do is install the latest FPSC update if you haven't already, as it works much better with later versions. This might fix your problem. If not then please do upload the fpm file, I own all those model packs so it should load fine for me.

As for doors and stuff, these are dynamic objects and dynamic objects are not exported, reason being is most dynamic entities are animated and AppGameKit doesn't currently support model animations. When animations are added to AppGameKit I will certainly consider adding in this feature. As a work around you can change a door model to be static in FPSC and it will be exported, and positioned in the same place. You could then rotate it in AppGameKit when necessary to open it and close it etc.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2014 02:37 Edited at: 15th Oct 2014 02:38
Quote: "As for doors and stuff, these are dynamic objects and dynamic objects are not exported, reason being is most dynamic entities are animated and AppGameKit doesn't currently support model animations. When animations are added to AppGameKit I will certainly consider adding in this feature. As a work around you can change a door model to be static in FPSC and it will be exported, and positioned in the same place. You could then rotate it in AppGameKit when necessary to open it and close it etc."

i have a work around for this already....but would need the door exported as a .obj file static.... i can do the animations myself through code... i will look at making it static for now...

i will install all the updates it has to offer and see if that fixes it.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2014 03:00
ok here is the fpm file.... i updated everything to the latest release....

still have the same problem

Attachments

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2014 04:32
I have downloaded the fpm and converted the game, and it appears to be working fine for me whenever I converted it?

I have uploaded the version that I have converted from the FPM you sent, you can let me know if it is working ok for you.

The only things I can suggest are, try recreating the level from scratch now that you have updated FPSC (i'm using 1.20 beta 18 just to see if you are using the same?). I'm not sure how FPM files are constructed, but it may be saving some old data that is causing problems. I do know that it has been reported before that levels do not convert well when created with old FPSC versions, so unless something hasn't updated right?

Or perhaps try re-installing the model packs, in case some things have become corrupt? I don't understand why it is doing this? As it is working fine on my machine?

Attachments

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2014 05:10
ok yeah not a problem as it was just a quick test map to see how it worked...

I don't seem to have 1.2 beta so I will try to update to that and try it again....

thanks for the help!

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2014 15:27
No problem! Hopefully that fixes it for you. If you have any other issues let me know and I will do my best to fix them!

Thanks
Ashley

xenofex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2014 15:48
Does FPSC-2-AGK also work with AppGameKit V2?
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2014 00:52 Edited at: 20th Oct 2014 00:53
thats what im using it for.... v2

so yup!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 08:02:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 08:02:14