Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [Released] Fight fortress (android)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2014 20:03
Hi

Here is my new game for android (made with agk v2, tier 1) :Fight Fortress

This game is free (stage max 150), and had an IAP for the full version (stage max 250).

Screenshots

Old version :

The download link on Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dracaenastudio.fightfortress

Translation
I would like to know if someone can help to correct the english translation.

Here is my french version :

And the english Version :

If someone would like to create some other language (Russian, vietnamian, German, Sweden...). I will be very happy to add them in my game .

http://www.dracaena-studio.com
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2014 20:48
The game looks quite good. A lot of gray though. There was no music or sound effects.

I did not get how to play the game at first. But even once I understood the basic controls the game was so hard that I got overwhelmed and died quickly on both of my tries. That is sure to put most people off from playing the game. You need to make sure that players learn your game over time and not kill them instantly. It's very easy to make a game too hard, because you know how to play the game yourself. It is a lot harder for a new player. Especially when you have no instructions on how to play the game.

DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Really impressed! This stuff take a looooong time to make! I'll be using 3D software for my assets (though game 2D). You've done a great job!
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
"Infos" should probably be just "Info"
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2014 12:38
@Blendman - you get an AppGameKit Developer Badge for making and publishing such a nice looking game. Good luck with it.

Can you also post your game to the AppGameKit Gallery; http://www.appgamekit.com/gallery.php

Rick

Development Director
TGC Team
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2014 13:15
Quote: "#You are one of the better player that we have ever meet !|"

Should be:
Quote: "You are one of the best players we have ever met!"

or I recommend:
Quote: "You are one of the best players we have ever seen!"

Quote: "Congratulation!"

Should be:
Quote: "Congratulations!"

Quote: "You have finished the free stages on this game. I hope yo have like to play."

Should be:
Quote: "You have finished the free stages on this game, I hope you liked playing."

I recommend:
Quote: "You have finished all the free stages, I hope you enjoyed playing."

Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2014 13:19 Edited at: 16th Oct 2014 13:25
Hi

Thank you for your answers .

@DavidAGK : yes, make 3D assets can take a long time. I haven't finished the animation, it will be for a futur version.

@Digital Awakening : thank you for your detailled answer.
Music : it's on my todolist, but I was thinking that AppGameKit V2 has a bug with music. in fact, I am disabled ( hearing loss ) so music and sound isn't easy for me. So I will do what I can ^^.

For the difficulty, I'm surprised, I though that the game was easy to play (you just have to touche the screen to shoot the monsters, and drag& drop to place the invocations or the spells).
But I will add a new mode "easy" for the difficulty.

I will add a tutorial or some help too, to help the beginners to understand how to play. I will add a new buton "help" (in the info screen) to explain how to play too. I hope, it will help the beginners.

@Rick : Thank you very much for the badge . (I have used the logo of AppGameKit in the credits of the game to explain with what engine/langage I have made the game).

@Matty H : thanks a lot for the correction

Native Tech
Years of Service
User Offline
Blendman congratulations this is a very nice looking game and I think it has great potential , kids would love this game and it would be popular as the gameplay controls are very simple

however

some nice sounds would make it twice as good
and for some reason the "text" does not scale well on my mobile device ,which is a pretty standard samsung , so it was very hard to read what I was doing during the setup menu

Great Work overall

Native Technology
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2014 22:07
Great looking game. I'm pretty awful at it though. The enemy seems to plow right through my guys and I can't seem to shoot enough to destroy them fast enough. Would like to see how you actually play fast enough to beat the enemies.

Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2014 17:29
@Native Tech : please, could post some screenshots to show the bug with the text ?
For the sound, I hope to add some sounds in a future version. For now, I have add the music.

@Naphier : what is your stage ?
To shoot quicker : you have to increase the "agility" parameters, in the "player" panel. The agility increase the speed of your shoot.
To make more damage : you have to increase the "force" parameters, in the "player" panel.

These parameters are the more important.

For the next version (1.20, I will send it today to googleplay), I have add :
- a mission screen with tutorial/training (not finished)/fight
- 2 other modes of difficulty (an easy mode for you and the beginners ), we have 4 mode for difficulty : easy, normal, hard and insane..

In a future version, I will add a little "help screen" to explain some of the parameters ^^.

Here is the text for the tutorial, I hope it's ok in english ^^ :

The screenshot of the screen "mission" :

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 01:08
First stage. Can't get past it. My guys move very slow, the gun shoots too slow to kill the enemies.

Here's fixed text for your tutorial:
Quote: "Welcome to the tutorial of the game. Let's start by learning how to shoot. To do this, tap and hold the screen. The monsters are coming from the right side.|Good !#Now, how to use the invocations : Tap the icon of allies available (bottom left) and drop it on the floor.|How to use spell : #To cast a spell , it's like invoking. When you see the enemy, tap the button of the spell you want to use (at the right) and drop it over the enemies.#(Spells are available once you have level 4).|To cast the spell , you must have enough mana. The mana bar is at the top left (blue bar).|Well, the tutorial is finisehd. Remember : to shoot at an enemy, simply tap the screen and aim him. Good luck !|
"

Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 08:55
@Naphier : thank you for the help for the text .

Quote: "First stage. Can't get past it. My guys move very slow, the gun shoots too slow to kill the enemies. "

I have uploaded a new version (1.2.0) in google play, could you please update your version and test the new ?
It's easier. The 50 first stage are less difficult, and I have add a new mode "easy", so you have 4 mode to play : easy-normal-hard-insane.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dracaenastudio.fightfortress

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 22:01
Well it's a lot easier, but it feels like it is lacking something. Have you considered allowing the gun to automatically fire and allow the player to focus on the battlefield/placing units? I feel like all of my time is spent focusing on making the gun shoot because I have to tap to fire every time. Maybe at least the gun stays locked on position until you purposely make a tap that is not placing a unit?

Oh and also I noticed you are spelling "profile" as "profil" you should probably fix that too. I'll keep my eye out for other spelling issues.

And I think it is weird to keep asking the player if they want to play training, tutorial, or fight after the first level or two. Maybe just making those buttons smaller would be better after the first level?

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 11:30
I enjoyed the game; it can only get better once you as you add more game mechanics. Keep up the good work.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2014 12:32
This is the first 3D AppGameKit good looking game!! Congratulations!!!

pacAged
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2014 15:52 Edited at: 24th Nov 2014 03:26
I tested your game on a Google Nexus 7 -- really cool graphics and smooth game play.

Some suggestions:

On the last screen of the tutorial there are some typo's.
Change "finisehd" to "finished"
Change "and aim him." to "to aim at him."

Some levels end successfully with monsters still on the screen. Would be better to explode and remove them before exiting if they are dead. Or if the player doesn't have to kill them to complete the level don't bring them on the screen.

Sound effects would really boost the game experience; canon firing, monsters exploding, and etc.

I'll give you more feedback after I have have some more playing time
pacAged
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2014 15:52 Edited at: 24th Nov 2014 03:27
I tested your game on a Google Nexus 7 -- really cool graphics and smooth game play.

Some suggestions:

On the last screen of the tutorial there are some typo's.
Change "finisehd" to "finished"
Change "and aim him." to "to aim at him."

Some levels end successfully with monsters still on the screen. Would be better to explode and remove them before exiting if they are dead. Or if the player doesn't have to kill them to complete the level don't bring them on the screen.

Sound effects would really boost the game experience; canon firing, monsters exploding, and etc.

I'll give you more feedback after I have have some more playing time
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2015 16:12
This looks great.
I really envy all of you professional graphic artists.
If only I had those skills for my games.
After years of trying to improve my artwork, I have come to the realization that I must settle for my artistically challenged graphics.

I know I am a bit late, but congrats on your game release and your badge.

Using AppGameKit V1 Tier 1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:17:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:17:38