Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / migrating from DBPro to AGK v2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 20th Oct 2014 08:02
Hi!Im currently use DB Pro but because of it's ending support Im now looking for AppGameKit V2
So have some questions:
1) Where can I get last alpha? Kickstarter event ends so I can't pledge anything?
2) Will be such very useful plugins like Image Kit, Dark Dynamics , dark Occlusion be compatible wit AppGameKit v2 ?
3) Will have Agk v2 such 3d functions like DB Pro? Like multiple camers, shader model 3.0 and so on? Or it will be great only for 2d mobile games?
Thanks
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2014 09:57
1) You can get the latest alpha when you pledge to AppGameKit V2 from here: http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2295&page=pledge
2)No, DBP plugins do not work with AppGameKit it is a totally different animal. AppGameKit is designed to work cross platform so a "dll" for windows would not work on iOS (for example). There is talk of a plugin system in discussion in the forum but nothing concrete yet
3)AGK does allow multiple cameras as far as I am aware but it uses OpenGL rather than DirectX for gfx. Eventually 3D will be much better but currently 3D does not allow rigged models and is very limited. Rigged models and bullet physics are coming but are way behind schedule.

That said AppGameKit V2 is a great tool to play with and for £35 you'd be crazy not to back it IMHO...
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2014 16:14
Quote: "AGK does allow multiple cameras as far as I am aware "

sorta.... you need to use the new render to image commands to pull it off but requires to render the 3d scene twice per sync.

i dont know if paul plans to add a second camera or not but it is very doable...with code

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 04:38:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 04:38:07