Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DBP causing Hard Disk to run out of space

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Lately I've noticed that every time I hit F5 to compile and run a project DBP is using disk space to the point where I'm about to run out of space in drive C:. After running the project about 10 times it went from about 1 GB to about 90 MB. Not sure if that's normal. The strange thing is that if I restart the computer I get some of the disk space back. Anyone noticed the same issue?
Also recently I noticed that if I use the web browser Firefox, whenever I copy text from the DBP editor I can't paste it directly to the editor unless I first paste it to some other external program such as Microsoft Word. Then I have to copy it from Word back to the DBP editor. It's really strange. Any ideas? Thanks!
wattywatts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 02:39
First: I think you may have a virus, I've definitely never noticed anything like this, and can't think of any reason why that would happen.

Second: I have no idea what you're asking. I noticed that when I eat peanut butter, sometimes the mail man comes, unless the garbage man comes. Then I have to wait for the mail man to come. That's about all I got out of your question.
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 03:49
Quote: "1 GB to about 90 MB. Not sure if that's normal."

Isn't that only 10MB?

Kingius Returns
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 09:37
No that would be 990MB.

It sounds like a temporary file issue where the OS is clearing them out on reboot. Check if your temp file location is full and manually clear it out so you don't have to reboot.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 17:39
I think the issue here is that the user only HAS 1GB free where you need at least 2.5GB~ for your OS alone with all the other bloat ware if on a laptop to run... Why have you only got 1GB free? or are you talking about System RAM?

Quote: "Also recently I noticed that if I use the web browser Firefox,"

Try using IE instead then.. [Or another browser but I use IE because... it works...]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 23:03:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 23:03:21