Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Version 2 Alpha 8

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 06:50 Edited at: 24th Oct 2014 06:51
I've uploaded Alpha 8 to the downloads area with the following changes

This version contains breaking changes meaning that it won't work with players from previous versions (they will probably crash) and the Alpha 8 player won't work with old versions of the IDE, so please make sure everything is up to date. Also the SetScreenResolution command has now changed so it no longer accepts a fullscreen parameter, that function is now served by SetWindowSize. The difference being that SetScreenResolution changes the back buffer resolution on all platforms whist SetWindowSize only affects Windows and Mac.

The IDE now comes with an "install additional files" dialog for projects and tier 2 files to get around the fact that the installer can't easily write to the current user's folder, and for Steam support where the main install location is fixed. It's my first attempt at using threads within the IDE so hopefully it works everywhere.

Let me know what you find.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Sweet!

Always nice to see improved ad support. Thanks!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 07:34 Edited at: 24th Oct 2014 08:43
33 Changes

Un-Shuffled...

Quote: "- Added XInput support for XBox 360 controllers on Windows"

Just waiting for that 3D Physics library now...

BTW... what is the latest on the file format conundrum? I hope there is an easy way to model something in .X and import it... not been following AppGameKit for a few months so any heads-up is much appreciated

EDIT

Fixed rogue update list item

Native Tech
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent thanks Paul ,and thanks for taking the older Intel cards into consideration as I was worried I may be excluded from future updates because of this , however I am very pleased

Native Technology
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 09:15 Edited at: 24th Oct 2014 10:03
Excellent, thank you very much for the amazing work you do !

Edit : when I have tried to install This version, avast tell me it found a virus in agkcompiler.exe. With other programming langage, sometimes I have false positive (with pb for example)).

http://www.dracaena-studio.com
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 10:23
Awesome. An unexpected surprise.

I might actually switch to version 2 for my current project now that you added Chartboost.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 10:24
@Paul, great thank you.

AGK 108 (B)19 + AppGameKit V2 Alpha .. : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini
Native Tech
Years of Service
User Offline
error "failed to install AGK/apps" ?? unsure what this is but compiler and IDE seems to run just fine, it picks up SetScreenResolution as expected so was easy to fix one line

Native Technology
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 10:48
Thanks Paul!!!

Some great tweaks to the IDE too
peterJBE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 11:44
Thank you for your hard work!
Especially for the extra Spine Commands.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
@Paul:

Quote: "Changed default shader version on Windows to GLSL 110 to support OpenGL 2.0 cards such as old Intel integrated graphics"

Is GLSL version 1.2 still supported? If yes, do we have to set #version 120 on top of a script if we want to use version 1.2?
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 12:12
Fantastic news! Especially concerning the 360 controller.

unlikely
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 13:09
Quote: "Is GLSL version 1.2 still supported? If yes, do we have to set #version 120 on top of a script if we want to use version 1.2?"

Quote: "- Added support for using "#version <versionnum>" at the beginning of Windows shaders to allow higher versions"

Seems like it, at least on Windows.

Thanks for the hard work Paul! Cool stuff.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks unlikely. Missed that part.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 13:49
Paul the latest Kickstarter update looks so, so familiar

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 14:13
Quote: "- Added SetChartboostDetails to allow the advert commands to display Chartboost ads (currently fullscreen only)"

haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 14:13
thank you !!!
yamyam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 14:41
Quote: "Just waiting for that 3D Physics library now..."

Yes me to, bullet pysics is part of the funded goals, so hope thats next on the list after the IDE.

Big thank you for adding more Admob and Chartboost options as standard, cant see that on the funded goals so we get that as a bonus.

Keep up the good work Mr Johnston.

Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 15:16 Edited at: 24th Oct 2014 16:22
Thanks Paul, great work.

Have a problem with the android player, cant get apps to broadcast to player, it says unconnected when player is run.

i have updated player and ide.

Cant seem to find files that are saved with the writeline command, even doing a search for the filename doesnt show up. is the filename changed in any way?
when i reload data into my placement editor everything loads fine, so the file is saving and loading just cant find where it save it too. Need to know so that i can place file in my game to load the levels.

EDIT:

The android player seems to be working fine now. Dont know why it wasnt working earlier.

Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 17:04
Thanks Paul!
But why to use SetScreenResolution, if the SetVirtualResolution still needed?
IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 17:53
Thanks boat loads Paul, Love that you added multiple lines for Array data.
One of these days I'm gonna have to buy you a drink. Great work!.

Off to play with AppGameKit and see what old basic programs with large data statements I can convert to AGK. Its a good day to be a programmer... Especially an AppGameKit one.

It's Bird! , It's Plane!, No its a rocket powered Squirrel holding some acorns and a smile!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 18:04
Quote: "failed to install AGK/apps""

Is that during the main installation or in the additional files install dialog?

Quote: "Is GLSL version 1.2 still supported? If yes, do we have to set #version 120 on top of a script if we want to use version 1.2?"

Yes, and if you do add the #version you might want to use

so it still works on mobile devices.

Quote: "Cant seem to find files that are saved with the writeline command"

Files are saved in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\AGKApps\<appname> but AppData is a hidden folder by default so you might have to show hidden folders to find it. You can use SetRawWritePath( GetDocumentsPath() ) if you want to go back to the old way of doing it.

Quote: "But why to use SetScreenResolution, if the SetVirtualResolution still needed?"

This mainly applies to Ouya that has a terrible fill rate, but if you use SetVirtualResolution the back buffer will still be full size (1920x1080) it only affects the coordinate system that you use. Whereas SetScreenResolution changes the back buffer to your chosen size so the app has less pixels to draw, and is therefore faster. I would be cautious about using SetScreenResolution on general Android hardware though as setting a back buffer size without regard for the native device resolution can cause stretching. Something like SetScreenResolution( GetMaxDeviceWidth()/2, GetMaxDeviceHeight()/2 ), and only if the max device width or height is above a certain value, might work better.
hackinc 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 19:16
Hi, I'm having a little time so I decide to play with AGKv2 Alpha 8. The only problem I got so far its that when typing double quotes (") i Got dieresis(¨) instead. I look everywhare on Genie to see if was something on the IDE but I haven't find anything.

I havent play with any other version of V2 with Genie, so I don't know if this problem was present in other versions, at least for me.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 20:16
I downloaded the Mac version but the files are missing inside...
Is that an update only for "Players"?

Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 21:04
I can't change the Theme for the IDE on Windows any longer, something is broken.

----------------
AGK programmer
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I downloaded the Mac version but the files are missing inside...
Is that an update only for "Players"?"

Run AppGameKit, it will ask where to install all the extra stuff.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 22:46
Hmmmm strange, i download again and try.
Bha!!

DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome on Xbox360 controller support!
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 23:07
A mix of small requested features and fixes. This was a very nice surprise Seems to be stuff in there for everybody. Awesome work Paul!

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 23:45
yeah...thanks for the camera aspect ratio.... gunna play with some multicameras again!

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2014 00:12
Sweet! Chartboost support!
Did you use the newest SDK because it can do video ads too
But they don't pay very much so not a high priority in my book (we have them sometimes in dFenz iOS but so few completed views).

Also with the IDE is there ever going to be an option to add files and folders to a project en masse? Right now if you have more than 1 project open you can only add the file to the current project which always ends up being the top project. You can't add folders to the project and if you have a lot of includes in folders then the project tree is fairly worthless.

Native Tech
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is that during the main installation or in the additional files install dialog?"

I think it was during additional installation process ? unsure what was missed but everything seems to be working fine

Native Technology
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2014 02:59 Edited at: 25th Oct 2014 03:01
Quote: "The only problem I got so far its that when typing double quotes (") i Got dieresis(¨) instead."

The only thing I can think of is to check the Document->Set Encoding menu option to see if it is set to UTF-8 and if so does a different option solve it?

Quote: "I downloaded the Mac version but the files are missing inside...
Is that an update only for "Players"?"

As MikeHart says, the installation of those files is now done the first time you open the tier 1 IDE, but you can extract them yourself by right clicking on AGK2.app, showing contents, and browsing to "Contents/Resources/Tier 2"

Quote: "I can't change the Theme for the IDE on Windows any longer, something is broken."

Still works here. Make sure you are editing geany.gtkrc and not geany.gtkrc.windows, which is just a backup.

Quote: "Sweet! Chartboost support!
Did you use the newest SDK"

We used 5.0.3, downloaded a couple weeks ago so I think that's the latest.

Quote: "Also with the IDE is there ever going to be an option to add files and folders to a project en masse?"

There are lots more things that could be done with the IDE but for now I think I'm winding down on big changes to it. The IDE is open sourced under GPLv2 here if you want to try adding some new features yourself. If you create a pull request I'll have a look at your changes.

Quote: "I think it was during additional installation process ? unsure what was missed but everything seems to be working fine"

If it was during the additional files then you will just be missing some projects or the tier 2 files if you ever try to go looking for them. But you can run the process again from the Tools menu if needed.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2014 03:07 Edited at: 25th Oct 2014 03:12
What is this?

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
"_OBJC_CLASS_$_GADInterstitial", referenced from:
objc-class-ref in libAGKiOS.a(SocialPlugins.o)

Edit : I added the trick just like on GADBanner....
God save me, i have to do too much work, iOS8 and AGK...

hackinc 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2014 05:51 Edited at: 25th Oct 2014 05:56
Quote: "
Quote: "The only problem I got so far its that when typing double quotes (") i Got dieresis(¨) instead."

The only thing I can think of is to check the Document->Set Encoding menu option to see if it is set to UTF-8 and if so does a different option solve it?"

Paul, nop I try every encoding type on the lists, and still no double quotes! Actually I install on a completely different machine that doesn't have AGKv2 installed ether and the problem its the same, dieresis instead of double quotes.

EDIT: As a Spanish native speaker & writer, I have my keyboard Language set to English United States-International, I change it to just English US and the double quotes are back. So it was the just the keyboard layout!!! Just in case some one else have this problem.

JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2014 11:01
I installed the new version, but the compiler is missing in Tier1/Compiler.

The AGKBroadcaster.exe file is there, but not the compiler.
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2014 13:41 Edited at: 25th Oct 2014 16:19
@ Paul : I don't know if it's a bug or not, but it seems this code doesn't work properly :

(please, note you need an simple image for this code.

JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2014 14:39
OK, so something weird has happened since I installed V2 Alpha 8.

None of my V1 apps will compile any more, I'm getting weird 'Could not understand command' errors.

I checked the compiler path in my v1 IDE and it looks OK.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2014 17:14
@JohnnyMeek
it should show the line number and source.
what did you use in this line?

AGK 108 (B)19 + AppGameKit V2 Alpha .. : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini
J T Huges
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2014 17:45
Great Job Paul, Thanks.
I've downloaded it, but I've notice the everyone is having a little problem.
I'll what I come up with.

Live Long -N- Rock'in Space Cowboys. The Planetary Nebula Production Co. Copyright 2014.
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2014 17:55
I reinstalled v1 beta 24 any everything went back to normal. Still can't compile any V2 alpha 8's though.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2014 18:18
JohnnyMeek See this in first post...

Quote: "This version contains breaking changes meaning that it won't work with players from previous versions (they will probably crash) and the Alpha 8 player won't work with old versions of the IDE, so please make sure everything is up to date. Also the SetScreenResolution command has now changed so it no longer accepts a fullscreen parameter, that function is now served by SetWindowSize. The difference being that SetScreenResolution changes the back buffer resolution on all platforms whist SetWindowSize only affects Windows and Mac."

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2014 19:49
Quote: "I installed the new version, but the compiler is missing in Tier1/Compiler."

Someone mentioned their anti-virus blocked the installation of the compiler, try turning off your anti-virus during installation.

Quote: "None of my V1 apps will compile any more, I'm getting weird 'Could not understand command' errors."

How are you compiling if it couldn't find the compiler? If you copied the compiler from somewhere else then it probably isn't compatible.

Quote: "I don't know if it's a bug or not, but it seems this code doesn't work properly"

Works here, what happens?
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2014 22:52 Edited at: 25th Oct 2014 22:54
Quote: "Works here, what happens? "
the image isn't repeated :

Perhap's it's my CG card ?
I haven't tried on android, I will try it soon.

Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2014 00:16
Hi Paul,

Could you take a look at this bug please? http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=212417&b=45

As stated in the post it works under Windows but not OS X, thanks.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2014 01:20
Quote: "the image isn't repeated"

When you said it didn't work I thought you meant it crashed or failed to load the image, I see what you mean now. The bug is in your code SetImageWrapU(bg,1), bg is the sprite ID.
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2014 11:22
@Paul

When I was referring to not being able to compile V1 apps after instgalling Alpha 8, that was from the original V1 IDE.

I had to reinstall V1 again for it to work.
Jambo B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2014 11:27
A tutorial for getting AGK2 apps to run on iOS devices (first, for beta testing and second, for App Store publication) would be VERY useful. I've found the old tutorial - but wondered if AGK2 had changed so much that the old iOS tutorial is depreciated.

Thanks

James
Retrific
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2014 11:49
@JohnnyMeek, this happened to me, but only because I accidentally installed V2 over V1 by accepting the default location during installation. A quick install of V1 sorted that out, followed by an install of V2 to another location.

As has been stated, the problem with the missing compiler is due to anti-virus software. Again, this happened to me. Another re-install, this time without the antivirus software, solved the issue.
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2014 12:17
@Paul

I am getting a different result when using Boolean AND between AppGameKit V108 and V2.8alpha.

The example

It gave the result 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,0,1,2 in the older version but now gives 0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 in the latest alpha.

Confused

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:22:14
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:22:14