Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Refender - Released!

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2014 23:54 Edited at: 27th Oct 2014 00:04
Finally!

Well, 18 months after starting, Refender is finally released today.
problems with graphic artists and (lack of motivation tbh, as this has happened before at the final stages) caused untold delays.

I found someone who cleverly completed the outstanding graphics in the existing style (difficult) and an expert player who helped with the level design and difficulty.

Not to mention the 200+ playtesters who just couldn\'t stop feeding back new ideas (even 2 hours after final release... grrr!)

Anyway, next step is cabinet artwork completion and deployment and I\'ll be happy!

Still, gotta be patient as this wasn\'t a commercial exercise and everyone concerned isn\'t being paid for their efforts, so can\'t sharpen the pointy stick too much

It\'s been a blast, but that\'s the last game on version 1 of AppGameKit for me. I had to work around so many issues and redesign so much that it got to be a bit of a chore in the end; however, looking forward to doing something now on V2. I\'ll need to get some collaboration organised (graphic artist and perhaps 3D designer) as things just take far to long to do on your own

As the previous topic is closed, I will post more screenshots and video links here as well as the location to download the completed game.

A video of a champion defender player putting a beta version through it's paces:

Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2014 04:30
That is seriously intense. Great work!

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 27th Oct 2014 04:39 Edited at: 27th Oct 2014 04:40
Looks stunning! Where can I get an Android version!

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2014 15:55
For anyone else who can't wait for nz0 to publish the link!

http://norrish.force9.co.uk/refender/

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2014 16:13
Looks fantastic, it will be amazing in a cabinet. You can appreciate the attention to detail, and lots of nice effects and sounds.

It's very difficult to control with a keyboard. I guess it's because there's no natural way to accelerate in 2 different directions with the same key. I don't know if you'd be breaking the authenticity of the game by having left/right keys?

It reminds me a lot of Helios by GeeCee3. He chose to put his own style on it, whereas yours will definitely appeal to the die-hard fans of the original

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Native Tech
Years of Service
User Offline
This looks awesome good work

Native Technology
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Which Tier did you use? Awesome visuals btw.
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2014 12:54
It's T1.

I'll be adding controller support to it shortly - not for the controller to be used as a controller to play (although that would make it more attractive to PC players) but some cabinet systems are built using a controller interface rather than a keyboard interface to the custom panel.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2015 15:56 Edited at: 15th Jan 2015 15:58
WOW!
I remember when you first started this and it looked awesome then, but now, I am blown away.

Quote: "I'll be adding controller support to it shortly - not for the controller to be used as a controller to play (although that would make it more attractive to PC players) but some cabinet systems are built using a controller interface rather than a keyboard interface to the custom panel."

This is really amazing looking, and will be great in a cabinet.
Outstanding! I'm sure the old guys are loving this.

Using AppGameKit V1 Tier 1
rfwarrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Amazing. An excellent update to a fantastic oldie.

Took me back to my youth (yep I'm one of the oldies).
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 00:24
Thanks!

It's gone down rather well. I noticed it was on the steam previews on the AGK2 release version, which made me smile.

There's loads of hidden / subtle content in the game which only gets revealed as the player progresses.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 09:55:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 09:55:18