Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / different results same code

Author
User Banned
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 09:01
how could it be ? i think maybe because i don't delete everything i worked with last session it kinda get messed up? is there anything i should know about memory usage and AppGameKit ?
should i delete everything (assets media/sprites/physics etc..) at the end of the app so the next time i'll open it there wont be any memory issues? i use Tier 1 and i always thought that with Tier 1 you don't really have to delete anything when you go back to windows cause these stuff are already get deleted by the app itself ? am i right or wrong ?
please share thoughts.

thank you for your time, haliop(new).
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 10:04
I think it's better for your own sanity just to accept that developing your app will mean your PC gets messy, and needs to be rebooted more frequently than usual.

If you start deleting stuff when your done with it, then you have to remember to delete anything you add. I think if you are going to add any tidy-up stuff like that, then make it as dynamic as possible - like step through everything and delete it. I might draw the line at un-dimming arrays, as that can get really fiddly. You can always optimize the shut down later for arrays.

I usually just reboot and have a coffee, sanity preserved - the worst thing is wasting time looking for a bug that is nothing to do with your code and everything to do with the PC. I often get an error with OpenGL after I've compiled a dozen or so times... a bloke could spend a few fruitless hours trying to figure that out.

I am the one who knocks...
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 10:55
With such an open question it is hard to narrow down to your problem. Describe your problem in more detail and also what version of a AppGameKit you are using.

And no, you do not have to delete stuff in tier 1.

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 12:39
i believe at windows if you shut down a program the memory
allocated from process will be freed.
if a program start other program it belongs the first process.
i think also if a tier1 program is closed it freed memory self
except agk forget something.
means i believe if you closed the ide, all should be clean
if u had used compile and start from there often.

AGK 108 (B)19 + AppGameKit V2 Alpha .. : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 14:58
It only belongs to the first process if it's called with CreateProcess()

If you call it with ShellExecute() it runs as a standalone.

-- Jim - When is there going to be a release?
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 15:18
You didn't use the "RANDOM" function did you? That'll give you different results with the same code (unless you've given it a fixed seed of course). Hehe.

haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 17:25
no im not talking about Random ... lol hahah
yeah i reboted and it all came back good also i found that i dont delete all the attributes of stuff , so now i delete them all and reboot once or twice a day... my pc was on for about a week or 2 .

this is a real relief actually cause i was so frustrated with the bugs i had before resetting i just spent like 2 days trying to figure it out when i rebooted and everything is now ok..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 16:12:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 16:12:11