Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP] Lingo - Language System

Author
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2014 20:06 Edited at: 4th Nov 2014 22:15

Lingo - The hassle-free language system for AGK
Current version: V0.1

[/b]Introduction
Hi!
I thought that it was high time that I made something for this awesome community so I decided to make a neat little tool! Lingo is a system that makes incorporating translations and new languages into a project very easy. With minimal setup, lingo lets you support an unlimited amount of languages and quickly and painlessly add new ones. What makes it even neater is that you don't even have to recompile your code!

The features
With lingo, you can write the actual text that you want in English and (provided that you have language files set up) lingo will 'translate' it for you. To do this, you will use the get command:

Another feature is the ability to reverse the process, and retrieve the language which a text is in.
does the job.

So now, when you need a translation, all you have to do is send the English file to the person who is going to translate and let them fill in the words in their appropriate positions. When you get the file back, just put it into your languages folder and you're good to go!

Changelog

Feedback and ideas are greatly appreciated!

Screenshots

Demo V0.1

Download - Demo and library
Current Version V0.1: https://www.mediafire.com/?owaiwiid99ycg5y / or download on this post

cheers

Attachments

Login to view attachments
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2014 09:46
I'm translating a plugin into 4 languages for work, this could be very useful... I'll try to take a look and report back.
Paronamixxe
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2014 10:26
Awesome! Let me know if it's too basic.

cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 08:49:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 08:49:09