Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Access To Sourcecode

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am wondering if it is possible obtain access to the C++ source code. It would make compiling for different platforms easier. Right now I have to use VS 2013 because the provided lib was compiled with 120_XP compiler. I could use my normal tool chain (which is VS 2012) if I could compile AppGameKit using a specific compiler. I also noticed that the OSX version prevents me from using C++ 11 (at least the template does).

I would also be useful if I come across something I am not sure about, giving me the ability to look into the implementation (for instance I have issues loading images from a parent directory). If I find a bug I can temporarily fix it while the next release is being prepared.

Are we provided with the source code somewhere or is AppGameKit a closed sourced product?

Reguardless, I think you guys did a great job providing native libraries for C++ development. Keep up the great work!
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 20th Dec 2014 05:45
I believe AppGameKit is indeed closed-source. Perhaps someday they'll make it open-source but that day is sadly not today.

7+ years and counting!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
this is a commercial product, so no source code

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:38:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:38:09