Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / AGK2 [WIP][TUTORIAL] -- Title: Paint Pot

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2015 22:02 Edited at: 8th Dec 2016 21:18
[EDIT]
Latest news!

08/07/15
Paint Pot the full version hits the Apple iOS stores! Lite version to follow:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paint-pot-kids-colouring-book/id1010974925?ls=1&mt=8

24/06/15
Paint Pot is awaiting approval for the IOS App store.

03/06/15
Full version of Paint Pot now also released on Amazon for all Kindle Fire devices!
http://www.amazon.com/Leap-Paint-Pot/dp/B00YQ7OFAY

28/05/15
Full version of Paint Pot released on Google Play.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.leap.paintpot_kids_coloring_app

25/03/15 - Kickstarter project here!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1516183818/paint-pot-kids-coloring-book

Hi guys!

Well as of 27th Feb 2015, Paint Pot Lite is on the Google Play and Amazon Store !!!!

It has 5 pages to colour as it is the lite version to try and get a bit of interest while I draw further pictures to release the full paid for app. The lite version is free.
I am aiming for 30 pictures for the paid for version and then can do updates with more pictures when drawn.

Not expecting to make a fortune but you never know, might make enough for the Apple license fee to release on there in time!
A nice Mac mini would be good too

Hope you like it and can help me out with some nice reviews and don't forget the target audience is 2 to 5 years olds.
One of my main goals is more downloads from the Goggle Store to get higher in the search rankings when typing in Kids Coloring Book as it is not in the top 250 yet.

@Jim Hawkins and David Gervais, check out the description as you are mentioned in the, with thanks section.

Thanks to everyone else in the forums for helping me along the way.
Download here:

Full Version
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paint-pot-kids-colouring-book/id1010974925?ls=1&mt=8
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.leap.paintpot_kids_coloring_app
http://www.amazon.com/Leap-Paint-Pot/dp/B00YQ7OFAY

Lite Version
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.leap.paintpotlite_app
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U2O2OAI
Facebook and Twitter etc:
@leapappsuk - Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/leapappsuk - Facebook
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/leapappsuk - Tumblr
http://leap.my-free.website/ - Website
https://www.tsu.co/spectrepaul - tsu

Here are a few stills:

Want to see it in action before downloading?

Install count as of 22/01/16:

Full Version
Amazon - 6
Google - 21
IOS - 41
MAC - 166

Lite Version
Amazon - 1268
Google - 2593
IOS - 482
MAC - 2970

Total - 7547

Well those are all the updates about the app, read the rest of the post to see how it was created and is still being tweaked and see some of the code along the way.

End of [EDIT]

********** START OF ORIGINAL POST **********

Hi all, well I have recently purchased AGK2 and have decided to do a range of children's education APPs to get back in the game and the swing of things.

First off I thought I would do a version of an old game I programmed in 2003 with DBPro when my kids were little called Colour Splash.

Check out this link to see a quick mention of it on one of the Game Creators News Letter.
http://www.thegamecreators.com/pages/newsletters/newsletter_issue_25.html
By the way the link to download the program mentioned on the news letter doesn't work now as I don't have that website any longer.

I have started to program this App and thought, well I might as well try and make a bit of a tutorial out of this and while I do it, see if it helps any newcomers with AppGameKit commands etc and also I had help along the way with flood fill routines so I thought I would return the favour to the AppGameKit community.

Maybe as I go along and get stuck you can also help me out too

Anyway a bit about myself regarding programming and artwork etc.
Back in 1992 when a great computer called the Amiga was around I worked from my bedroom, freelance, for a computer software company called Prisma Software.
During this time I had around 6 or 8 titles released mainly children's software. See some of the links:

http://hol.abime.net/hol_search.php?N_ref_artist=5603
http://amr.abime.net/review_22812
http://amr.abime.net/issue_192

At Xmas I was bought a DVD called From Bedrooms to Billionaires!
See it if you haven't it's great but it got me interested in programming again and with this great APP making kits potential, here I am re going all retro.

So what do you think?
Although this is a post about a WIP Colour Splash kids game, it could also help as I will try to explain the process of programming it on the way including code etc. Hopefully it helps!

Here's some of the code, just be warned so far this is the very start and the code is not explained yet. I will do this in another post when I have refined it a bit.
Also attached is one of the pictures for colouring in, just download it and save it in the media folder for where your program will be.

Happy coding and let me know if this is something that would interest you and what you think would assist.
Thanks.

</div>
The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 22:03
Well as promised here is the updated code which is now commented to show how it works.

The program detects the pointer and when pressed fills an area in with a random colour.
Next stage will be to add further pictures and a GUI for selecting colours from a palette and then there will be sounds.

Hope you like this, any comments are welcome and I will let the code speak for itself.

Programming - AMOS on the AMIGA! / DBPro / Python / A bit of C & C++ / now also AGK2! Graphics - Deluxe Paint on the Amiga / Paintshop Pro / Photoshop / Lightroom / Grafx2
Previously worked for Prisma Software producing childrens educational software on the Amiga. Titles - Pepe's Garden - Paint Pot / Kids Academy range - Paint Pot II / Shopping Basket / Which Where What? / Blobs / Alvin's Puzzles
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 22:55 Edited at: 16th Feb 2015 23:36
Just a quick message this time, not done any programming today but created my company logo for the PlayStore - I have uploaded it on this post if you want to have a look.
I am going to call it LEAP and the first game will be Colour Splash.

So Colour Splash by LEAP

What do you think, tried to create a nice colourful image which would connect with children but still look nice and clean for future projects.

Programming - AMOS on the AMIGA! / DBPro / Python / A bit of C C++ / now also AGK2! - Graphics - Deluxe Paint on the Amiga / Paintshop Pro / Photoshop / Lightroom / Grafx2
Previously worked for Prisma Software producing childrens educational software on the Amiga - Titles - Pepe's Garden - Paint Pot / Kids Academy range - Paint Pot II / Shopping Basket / Which Where What? / Blobs / Alvin's Puzzles

Attachments

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2015 12:16
Hi again,

I have been busy again on the company side with creating a website

I used a free website service but good enough until I get things finished with some actual software Haha.

Next updates should now be on Colour Splash itself.

Check out the site and let me know what you think.

http://leap.my-free.website

Programming - AMOS on the AMIGA! / DBPro / Python / A bit of C &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; C++ / now also AGK2! Graphics - Deluxe Paint on the Amiga / Paintshop Pro / Photoshop / Lightroom / Grafx2
Previously worked for Prisma Software producing childrens educational software on the Amiga. Titles - Pepe's Garden - Paint Pot / Kids Academy range - Paint Pot II / Shopping Basket / Which Where What? / Blobs / Alvin's Puzzles
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2015 19:10 Edited at: 21st Jan 2015 23:38
The site looks good.
The bottom picture on the main page cut the heads off at the top of the image, but maybe that has something to do with my computer.

If you want good web hosting and domain registration at a bargain, then check out www.godaddy.com

Using AppGameKit V1 Tier 1
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2015 20:52
Hi,

good call on spotting that Interactive was incorrect on both the home page and the software page because I cut and pasted when creating it.

Glad you like it, the pictures of the kids were already supplied with the template and believe it or not have the heads cut off lol.
I think it is supposed to be a cross section or something, hmmm.

Will check out godaddy site when I am ready to release colour splash because I will then pay for a site a do a proper job of it

Thanks again.

Programming - AMOS on the AMIGA! / DBPro / Python / A bit of C &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; C++ / now also AGK2! Graphics - Deluxe Paint on the Amiga / Paintshop Pro / Photoshop / Lightroom / Grafx2
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2015 21:23
Hi all, hope everyone is well

Here is the next part of the tutorial!
Put the attached media folder into the resources section where you save the code as usual.
This section will not allow you to flood fill areas of the picture. What this routine does is display a dummy picture to colour to test screen sizes and for placing colours at the correct location. It then places 14 sprites on the screen, these are the colours to chose. You can then press a colour and move/scroll the colours up and down. When a colour goes off the top of the screen it places the sprite at the bottom and vice versa if it goes off the bottom of the screen. You could use this technique for a retro text scroller from the demos on the C64 and Amiga back in the day.

I have commented the code as usual and used variables and array wording which will be easy to understand.

Any questions about the code just ask.

Before putting both parts of this program together to make a working full program I intend to modify this section further in order to have some 120 + colours to chose from but only using the 14 sprites if I can to save memory and for speed!

Watch this space

Attachments

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2015 19:36
Hi again, well here is the next installment. Don't know if anyone is getting anything from this of any use, even if it is to use bits for your own games, like scroll techniques and sprite selection etc. It would be nice to hear from some of you to see what you think of this and if it is of use.

Well this time I have updated the colour selection part of the code again.
Attached is a new zipped media folder with the new buttons which now enable you to select the colours and the buttons are animated so it looks like the button is pressed when selected.

I have also made use of data Types so this might be handy if you want to see how to use them without it being too complicated.

Also I decided to not do the idea of over 100 colours as when I implemented 120 with all different shades it looked overkill!
I had to remember my target audience is pre-school with ages from 2 to 5 years old with this app.

Bye again for now and the next installment should have both halves of the program together along with ideas for other features I have!

Future ideas to implement:
1 - Swipe screen up and down to select pictures to colour.
2 - Swipe from the left to reveal icon panel.
3 - Colour with finger instead of just flood fill and still be within the black lines.
4 - Pattern fill.
5 - Draw own pictures using pencil and shapes like line, box, circle and triangle tools eg elastic band technique.
6 - Save picture.
7 - More pictures to colour!!
8 - Music.
9 - Sound effects.

Attachments

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 22:52
Well here's the latest coding with modifications and all the parts to date put together.

The Array method of reading fill areas has now been replaced by a memBlock style array reading from a back image.

This incorporates screen swipes up and down to change pictures and allows you to select colours to choose from and paint the fill areas with.

Lots to do yet as the fill method is a bit slow since I increased the screen size but more to come as getting help myself with this

Anyway see what you think so far, media folder attached which now also includes music!!!

Programming - AMOS on the AMIGA! / DBPro / Python / A bit of C C++ / now also AGK2! - Graphics - Deluxe Paint on the Amiga / Paintshop Pro / Photoshop / Lightroom / Grafx2
Previously worked for Prisma Software producing childrens educational software on the Amiga - Titles - Pepe's Garden - Paint Pot / Kids Academy range - Paint Pot II / Shopping Basket / Which Where What? / Blobs / Alvin's Puzzles
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 22:38
As a bit of a side line I converted the fill part to C++ in order to see how it was regarding the speed of the program and it does speed it up somewhat!
Check the attached executable to try it, code below.

There is another method with this program ongoing using Sprites with the help of JimHawkins so big things are to come.

Will update when we get there.

Attachments

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2015 19:20
Well JimHawkins has been working his magic and come up with the Sprite method of filling the areas in with colour!
I can't thank him enough.

This will be the new method in which to finish this project as it is super fast at filling in the areas, even on my rubbish tablet!

I am getting 300 FPS on the PC and 60 FPS on my tablet!!

What happens is a memBlock is still used to read the x,y position of the mouse but this then reads a byte value from the memBlock to correspond to a sprite on the image.

Each image is now made up of a series of sprites and when the byte value is read the sprite colour is changed for that sprite section instead of actually doing a flood fill. Massive speed increase!

JimHawkins created a tool to read an image and store the fill sections as sprites along with a data file with the x,y positions to put it all back together on screen to look like an image.

The code below uses this information and the media folder is attached so you can try it.
I just need to finish the game now by putting all the parts together!

Attachments

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2015 23:20
Okay folks!

attached to this post is the media folder including music and buttons etc and below is the code with the colour palette now incorporated to the game and working.

Next is the changing of the pictures, animations, sound effect and title screen.
Maybe shaders on the sprites and who knows!!!

Hope you like it so far, let me know what you think.
If anyone could Broadcast it to your device and let me know what it is playing on eg what type of phone or tablet that would be good to give me an idea of how the screen looked like and if the sound worked and speed was ok, eg any slowdown or jitters.
Your input would be very helpful for testing

Please remember the target audience of 2 to 5 or 6 years old eg button size for the palette colours etc.
The image itself, frog page will actually be the title screen and not available to colour in as some parts are quite small to press.
The images I haven't drawn yet to colour will have better areas to press, even for bigger fingers lol

Attachments

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2015 20:17 Edited at: 16th Feb 2015 23:37
Hi again, been working on the artwork now that the colour fill method has been sorted and have been designing new colour icons.

Have a look at the attached colour icon which I have now done as a colour splat when you press it. Got to do an icon for every colour now but think it looks better and animates better for children

Attachments

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2015 01:43 Edited at: 9th Feb 2015 01:55
I like your splat image (it would be good for paintball).
I wouldn't showcase the red in the ads or anything though, since it looks like blood.
Maybe orange or green or something that doesn't resemble blood.
I like green, but that is just me and my fond memories of the movie Predator.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2015 13:25
Yes decided on doing splats for the paint colours when screen pressed as looks better than just square buttons, got 27 to do though!
Will then be looking at the interface and more pictures to colour, been trying to find a royalty free site for images to colour in so I don't have to draw all of them, however this is proving harder than I thought as most sites I have seen say only available to print out for free use.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2015 15:19 Edited at: 9th Feb 2015 15:55
Quote: "been trying to find a royalty free site for images to colour in so I don't have to draw all of them, however this is proving harder than I thought as most sites I have seen say only available to print out for free use."

Hold a contest for the kids maybe???
Then you make everyone a winner by publishing them all. (they would get a kick out of seeing their art in the finished program)

Your local school's art class might like to participate in creating some content for your project. (lots of budding talent there)
If successful, you could always donate a percentage of the revenue earned from the program to the school. (may increase sales if buyers know this)
Most schools suffer in fundraising and have lots of extra activities for children that depend on it. (art supplies are consumables that add up)
Would be a win win for everyone, especially the kids.

Just a thought

Edit
Now my mind is kicked into daydream mode Thanks a lot!
Another thought is that you could change the media files for the images and you would have a new version specifically for that school's art.
In other words, the same code could be used to build various coloring books that are specific to a particular school's art, therefore that program would be titled accordingly, and the revenue split would go to that school.
That way, you are not limiting this idea to just one school, but it could be a fundraising effort for any school.
The school holds the contest. (and gets parent's permission for art distribution)
The school then submits the art to you for building the app.
You swap out the media files for images, change the title in the code, and compile.
Then you have a new book just for that school that you submit to your app store.
Finally, your app store has a ton of books to choose from, and 1 user can support many schools.

Ok, I am going to vegetate now.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2015 15:52
Nice idea, will have to look into that with the local school.
I was thinking of putting it up free but that is a good idea for the school.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2015 15:56
I was editing while you posted, in case you missed what I added.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2015 17:31

Nice idea and your daydream state is very useful
Will have a look into this, cheers

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2015 04:08
Okay, been working hard so here is another update with bits you might be able to use to assist you.
Attached as usual is the media folder.
I have changed this now as the colours have been revamped and are all animated splats when pressed!
The code has changed quite a bit and although not perfected yet now includes a scroll technique to the colour bar.
This method allows the scrolling of the colours with a screen swipe that is common place on Android and tablet devices but not in AppGameKit or at least I don't think there are native commands to do this!!
Whilst the colours scroll, the picture can still be painted and also the colours can be stopped or speeded up as per tablet normal way of page scrolling.
Hope you like it and any comments are welcome!

Attachments

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 03:40
Hi all.

Anyone fancy doing me a favour and testing my game so far for Colour Splash?
I have attached an apk for android devices, any feedback is welcome but try not to be too harsh lol.

Areas I have already decided to change:

1 - icon graphics for the buttons on the control panel. I don't like them and its bugging me.
2 - Startup speed for the intro. Too slow.
3 - Change pictures to colour as some too small areas to fill and more pics.

Thanks.

Attachments

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 10:13
Very well done... Works great... Only a couple minor suggestions, firstly, and this is relevant to you 2nd proposed change, perhaps a 'tap to skip' option on the title screen. As you've already mentioned, it is too slow...

Secondly, unless this is going to be targeted for tablets only, how about a 'pinch' to zoom option? as in, two fingers allows you to zoom in and out. It was very difficult to colour in the small areas on a Samsung S4...

Great work

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 11:20
Funnell7, thanks for checking this for me, very helpful you putting the device you used to test so I know it works OK on a wide selection of devices.
It is mainly for tablets and has resolution of 1280 x 800, however a zoom option could be useful, I was thinking of redrawing the pictures though when I draw new ones to add to the package that don't have as small an area to colour but will give the zoom a try.

Good idea re the tap to skip out of intro thanks again and glad you like it.

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 13:39
spectrepaul, can you post some screenshots of the icons and stuff that are bugging you? maybe I can help polish it up a bit.

Cheers!

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 13:53
David,

thanks for the offer there, I am at work at the minute but when I get back I will post the sprites I am using for the icons. If you see the buttons on the apk it is the ones on the control panel which are yellow buttons for erase, load page arrows, question mark for help and exit.
I was thinking of making them a better arrow for up and down page, eraser for the wipe, book for the help and home button for the exit and had in mind something child friendly to make them look like stickers.
Will also post some ideas I had
It's just one of those things though where you draw something and when you look at them you just think..... hmm dont know if I like them lol

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 15:28
Hi David,

attached is a zip file with 2 folders inside, the panel folder contains the icons that are bugging me in the game and the icon ideas are ones I downloaded which I like the style of if you see what I mean regarding looking like stickers some of them with the white border, I was thinking of doing them with drop shadows to animate as in my panel ones. Sizes of the images are the panel images for the game but I thought of just the icons without the yellow buttons

Attachments

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 15:50
I got the images,.. it would still help to see how you are using them in a screenshot or two.

Cheers!

P.S. not quite sure where to copy the apk onto my nexus to run the app.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 16:09 Edited at: 16th Feb 2015 16:31
Here you go, here is a test screen attached, not sure where to upload to show picture as a link in the post

The apk file can be placed anywhere on the Nexus, I sometimes email it to myself and run it from there
You will have to change security settings to install agk from unknown sources as you do with all apps not downloaded from the google play store.

What happens is you can just see the part of the panel that says tap here, then when pressed it opens out to reveal the icons as shown

Attachments

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 16:33
got it thanks.. will get back to you soon(tm)

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 16:39
I have looked at this post again and the test display image is now part of the post, I don't know how that happened as I just attached it as a file????

I was trying to do this in the first place

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 16:50
Anyone else tried the game and have any comments or info on device used?

Not sure about how Amazon devices work, can they install the same APK or do you have to create APK another way? Just thinking about the Amazon store.

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 17:32 Edited at: 16th Feb 2015 17:39
Quote: "I have looked at this post again and the test display image is now part of the post, I don't know how that happened as I just attached it as a file????"

it's called mod magic,.. I edited your post and added the image in the image[] tags..

FYI: if you 'view' the image you attach you can then grab the URL from the address bar at top of browser and then paste it within the image tags in your message/post.

like this..

Cheers!

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 17:44
HAHA, well I never, cheers for that, I have been wondering how to do that for a while lol

Oh and for those that are interested in seeing the code so far, then here you go
Don't expect the most efficient code as I am just getting back into this coding thing

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 21:09 Edited at: 16th Feb 2015 21:09
Hello again,.. I got a sample for you.. work in progress...

I played with the color selection side first.. take a look and let me know if you like the look..

Also, I will need some specific information regarding your virtual res and other ways that you are working the color selection. Can you send me an email and we can talk in more detail on the specs and how to make your app look the best I can make it.

I hope you like the style..Cheers!

Attachments

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 22:49 Edited at: 16th Feb 2015 23:34
Hi David,

you graphic skills are superb! I have just sent you an email.

Cheers.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 03:12 Edited at: 17th Feb 2015 03:30
Quote: "Anyone else tried the game and have any comments or info on device used?"

Okay, you asked for it.

Quote: " unless this is going to be targeted for tablets only, how about a 'pinch' to zoom option? as in, two fingers allows you to zoom in and out. It was very difficult to colour in the small areas on a Samsung S4...
"

Yeah, there were a few spots too small to target with my finger, even on a 7" tablet.

No way to save the finished image?

Small children might not like Freddy the Frog getting chopped up like that when going to the next image.
It is a cool effect, but a bit disturbing when seeing the characters sliced and diced to pieces.
Maybe you can have an option for that effect, so nobody gets turned off by dissecting the frog and nobody has to go without the cool effect.

Art is more fun when someone besides the artist gets to see it.
It would be nice to have a clear button or something instead of it doing it automatically.
Then they can cycle through the images they have done when showing someone else their handy work, instead of having to show each one as they color it.

This is cool and has turned out great so far.
Best of luck with it.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 03:33 Edited at: 17th Feb 2015 03:38
Yes I intend to redraw the pictures so areas are not too small to colour. They are old pictures used to test the program.

It seems people are having problems with save image. I was going to do this until saw this post.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=213571&b=41
Not sure what to do yet, will have to just try it.

Its funny you say that about the effect for picture going off screen because my wife said the same thing, might change it. Anyone else think the same?

Glad you like it though. Thanks.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 03:52
Quote: "Its funny you say that about the effect for picture going off screen because my wife said the same thing"

Hey man, great minds think alike.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 03:59
Coming from the Amiga days I was just thinking cool effect lol

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 17:46 Edited at: 17th Feb 2015 17:46
@David

I have just put the new colour palette in, have a look at the screen. Your paint brush icons are amazing!

I need to do the additional colours yet, will do that in a bit as it involves a bit of code for that part but I am going to use the new colours as there is better contrast and some extra useful colours in there.

Looking forward to further email re; the rest

Cheers again.

Attachments

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 21:23 Edited at: 17th Feb 2015 21:23
The new colour palette scheme is now in place with extra colours and the brush selectors all working animated, looking good!

Attachments

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 23:27
Yup, looking good, but I'm biased lol

Cheers!

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2015 02:06
Quote: "Yup, looking good, but I'm biased lol"

Well cheers again David for the help with the graphics and will update again when I put the panel icons in!

Fantastic!!

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2015 21:31 Edited at: 18th Feb 2015 21:31
Well the new control panel graphics are now in place, all the icons kindly drawn by David Gervais so again thanks a million for the help with it
I made the purple panel itself longer to accommodate all the icons, including the extra 2 features which are not yet implemented, the SAVE and OOPS buttons and I changed the TAP HERE to say MENU and gave it a style to match the icons which look like stickers to match the children's theme.

I couldn't resist implementing a slight drop shadow on the off state icons and a bit of a tilt to some of them David to make them look more child like as if they are stuck on the purple panel. Hope you like the slight modification?

Well I am made up now with the look and style of the game, I just broadcasted the APP to my tablet and the difference is amazing with your graphics David.

Hope everyone likes the new look!?!?!?

I will put another APK for testing on soon when I have implemented some other features and modified some pictures to colour.

Attachments

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2015 21:47
Hiya Paul,

Yuppers I like the mods you made to the icons, good job. I hope this little app does well for you once you get it on google play.

Cheers and I had fun making the 'stuff' so enjoy!

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2015 22:19
Hi David,
glad you like the mods, however they are only slight, great work of yours!

Can't wait to get it on Google Play and with a bit of look it will do well.

I have put the new APK for Android on here if anyone wants to try the new version with updated graphics.
I have not yet implemented the SAVE and OOPS features but have made the title screen faster and got rid of the page break up feature for new pages

Once I have got the OOPS and SAVE working it is just a matter of drawing some new pictures to colour and modify the ones already on so areas are not too small for phones etc.

Think it is getting there now, what do you think guys?

Attachments

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2015 00:44
Well I have done some research and thinking about the title and have decided to change the name, one because other apps on the play store are called colour splash and two colour is spelt differently around the world.
Colour and Color.

Anyway the new name for this game is - Paint Pot

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2015 02:17 Edited at: 20th Feb 2015 02:18
New logo design thanks to David Gervais!

Attachments

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2015 02:19 Edited at: 20th Feb 2015 02:19
and new Play Store and App icon, again thanks to the amazing David Gervais!

Cheers

Attachments

Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2015 03:10
Quote: "New logo design thanks to David Gervais!"

Looks AWESOME!

Quote: " thanks to David Gervais!"

He truly is a pro at what he does.

Login to post a reply