Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP]droidball nearly done

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 13:02 Edited at: 20th Jan 2015 13:09
Here is a video showing my latest, well..nearly latest.. development of Droidball, let me know what you think! Large projects I find that I lose interest in eventually coz of all the play testing I do, though my kids have helped me in that department. It is primarily tilt controlled but shown here using laptop/cursor keys, the game-play really ain't the same. I have yet to change a few levels starting scenario and various other things like high score/saving which would be displayed on the level select screen under the level number.The video is pretty low quality,probably this rubbish laptop

Hail to the king, baby!
http://davidjohnwheeler.blogspot.co.uk
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 15:41 Edited at: 20th Jan 2015 15:43
Nice
The first part looked like a top down view of Pac-Man or something (Pac-Ball?).
The part with the rotating cups looks hard. (YAY! @ 3:52)

Quote: "It is primarily tilt controlled but shown here using laptop/cursor keys, the game-play really ain't the same. "

I would suggest a hard level with a forced roll so they have to keep moving instead of resting still.
Some dead end routes with drop offs too, so knowing the level's paths would be required to survive.

Quote: "Large projects I find that I lose interest in eventually "

Right on.

Using AppGameKit V1 Tier 1
shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
It does force rotate on the rotating platforms, I slapped in a little thing called friction into the equation! Thanks for your nice comment though, I don't get many, nearly felt alienated! heh

Hail to the king, baby!
http://davidjohnwheeler.blogspot.co.uk
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 20:18
Quote: "Thanks for your nice comment though, I don't get many, nearly felt alienated! heh"

Yeah, me too. It is nice to know your hard work actually got noticed though, I can relate. I guess most of the people here are developers not players, so they are too busy developing to take a break here maybe?

Using AppGameKit V1 Tier 1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:44:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:44:31