Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Mac Tier1 Steam version... won't execute but does compile :/

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2015 15:29
Hi all, hoping that someone knows a lot more than me about Macs and can help me get things working.

I installed AGKv2, runs fine, edits code fine, I then hit compile and it generates all the stuff, then just sits there with the blue bar at the bottom endlessly scrolling along. If I check the project directory, the program can be run and it is the code that I've compiled - so it seems that it just won't run the compiled program.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, even if you don't know exactly what the issue is, anything to start me in the right direction would be great.

I am the one who knocks...
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2015 14:29
Moved here as the Mac section is a graveyard.

I am the one who knocks...
paulrobson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2015 14:42
Do you mean the blue bar at the very bottom right ? (i.e. on the same line as 'n files saved') - you are trying to run this as an OSX program ?

I just tried running 'Benchmark' (in the demos) and it worked fine (2008 iMac with Yosemite upgrade). The one thing I did notice is that when I ran it the first time it seemed to delay quite a while - 10 seconds or so - before starting - I suspect this is something to do with not having run the AppGameKit player before as it started fine every time since.

One thing might be worth trying - open up the Application AGK2 and select show contents, then go to Contents/Resources/share/applications/interpreters/ - the binary here, called "Mac" is the player app for the MacOSX - this should open a window which is the same as the one displayed on broadcast players (I presume when you run this without bytecode it goes into this mode)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:20:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:20:20