Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Video Playback issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I have got video playing in an app, sort of. It worked fine the first time I ran it, then never since. the video plays - debug code shows me the frame it is on and i even hear the audio. however the screen simply shows a grey area where the video should be.

I searched forums etc and installed KLite (or something) codecs as well as trying CCC codecs but its not codec issue...

I can create a new app, and use the exact same video and it will work.

I have tried all sorts of different screen sizes and resolutions. all have same effect.

I have tried deleting all sprites and objects, even loading the video before i do anything else. nothing seems to work.

any ideas anyone?
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2015 14:41
I can't see your post :s

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
Reyman
Years of Service
User Offline
Are my posts showing?

Does anyone have this isssue or any ideas what is going on with the video as per my op? Still got the same problem!
Pawprints
Years of Service
User Offline
Video playback can be a bit strange at times and mostly it's down to the way in which codecs are interpreted.

I take it we're talking windows here? I found in windows WMV's at the most compatible and will always work on the platform although of course not an ideal format. Make sure you set video dimensions correctly and it's also worth trying to stop the video and then sync and play it again just to see if that makes a difference. Also are you using any touch commands as these (I've learnt) can throw in some issues if the syncing and timing isn't right. Maybe set a delay from touching to stopping and playing the video.

Another annoying issue with videos is the Gamma mac issue. If you play a video on mac the colours can change significantly depending on how you have your monitor calibrated. Why apple haven't addressed this is beyond me and any mac video application that uses quicktime will have this problem so all videos are not played equally.

If it's not broken don't keep trying to fix it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 23:32:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 23:32:51