Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Deleting Static Collisions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2015 06:43
I really can't understand why is not possible to delete the static collisions, can someone explain me this?
TheViking
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you tried out Sparky's? You can set collision on and off. Not sure how you are setting up your collisions. Are you using DBP built-in commands, or a dll from some other source, or just making your own collision detections?
Cescano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2015 03:52
I do use the DPB collisions, i have no problems with dynamic objects collisions, i don't really need to use other collisions plugins, at least for the moment.
The only problem is, I use static collisions for buildings and static objects, if for example i want to use the same space for a different level/area, i must delete the static collisions, if I can't do that, I must setup it at different coordinates (way far) each time I load a new level/area or the new level/area will keep the collisions of the previous level
TheViking
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok. I personally love sparky's for the simple fact that you can set up groups for collisions (quite the life saver) and set them active or inactive at any time. It's super simple and fast.

However, if you are sure you want to stick with the DBP collisions, the only thing I can say is that chances are you will have to delete all old collisions anyways, and re-setup new ones.

In a new level, I would assume you wouldn't want to have the old collisions actively being checked against, it would slow you down drastically. So moving a new level to a new area would still require you to remove the old ones.

I honestly haven't tampered much with the DBP collisions, so I don't know much about them, but I do remember them being a pain and switching, haha.
Cescano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2015 04:47
I know what you are saying but, how to remove static collisions? when I say how I mean which command should I use? there is none! (Always talking About STATIC collisions)
TheViking
Years of Service
User Offline
Couldn't you use "set object collision off"? or "delete object collision box"?
Cescano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2015 05:38
I think you don't know what static collisions are, the 2 commands you posted are for single objects, not for static collisions.
Static collisions are collisions set on your 3d world where you declare each coordinate of the box, something like this:

make static collision box -5830,0,-5800,-5780,200,5830
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2015 22:05
There seems to be a lot of questions concerning the GameFX functions as of late. So, I have re-structured the GameFX source from the help file to make it easier to follow. I’m not trying to push structured code down anyone’s throat. But, it helps when debugging or trying to make sense of someone else’s code.

I believe Delete Static Objects; will delete the Static Collision Box’s along with the Static Objects. You can then load the Static Objects for the next level and add the collision box’s for that level.

Cescano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2015 01:52
Thank you! That command does the trick

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:17:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:17:00