Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [AGK2][Released] Rainbow Laser Pudding Pony

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2015 20:26
I never thought I'd upload anything to the Android Play Store, but then along came AGK2 on Steam and after only a week, here's my first real game available to the general public!

I'd like to thank the developers for such a great product. I was already familiar with Blitz3D and DarkBasic so it took no time at all to get the general hang of AGK2. I'm hoping to make some games with maybe just a tad more depth soon. There's many features I'd like to see added to AGK2, but even as it stands you can get some really impressive results.

I challenged my daughter to design a game and characters for me to try and make... and here it is.

So if you fancy some mindless laser-pony action and would like to see my first go with AGK2 please take a look!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hailfreda.puddingpony

y

PS: I just noticed my first post-release glith - the exit button doesn't disappear when you leave the pause menu. Well, there's one for the first update!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2015 11:10
Can't see your images on the forum but looking at Google Play it looks great. I hate the whole MLP thing so I may not give it a try.

It is probably obvious but I assume you don't have a franchise agreement with MLP? If not then I wouldn't put any adverts in or try to make money unless you want a nice fat law suit at some point.

All that aside, did you do your own artwork? Looks excellent!

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2015 16:49 Edited at: 29th Jan 2015 17:01
Quote: " then along came AGK2 on Steam and after only a week, here's my first real game available to the general public!"

WOW! That was fast!
Congratulations!!

Quote: "I hate the whole MLP thing so I may not give it a try.
"

yeah, this is definitely for little girls
doubt if I will play much either, but...

Quote: "It is probably obvious but I assume you don't have a franchise agreement with MLP? If not then I wouldn't put any adverts in or try to make money unless you want a nice fat law suit at some point."

Like I said, I am not a fan of MLP, so I am not sure what is and what ain't theirs by looking at your stuff.
Best advice, use your own graphics or get them from a legitimate source, because you don't want those hassles.
There is a lot of good stuff in the Public Domain, but you have to take a lot of time digging in to find something that hasn't been done to death.
Bram Stoker's 'Count Dracula' went into public domain a couple years back (recently history for that stuff), hence all the Dracula stuff out now.
I think the Brothers Grimm stuff might be public domain now too, if you want to do some fairy tale based stuff. ("Hansel and Gretel" and "Little Red Riding Hood")
Those stories may be public domain now, but it doesn't mean other people's images of those stories are public domain, so you still need your own artwork.
But hey, your daughter and her friends might have a lot fun creating the artwork.

Quote: "All that aside, did you do your own artwork? Looks excellent!"

Yeah, if those aren't rips, then you are more than qualified to do your own artwork, because those graphics look really good.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V1 Tier 1
CatfoodMcFly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2015 17:21
The artwork is all by me, drawn on a Wacom tablet especially for the game, and although the pony in question does look very MLP, technically it's an original character. Definitely similar in style, but not enough to be a lawsuit!

It was a fun project. I'll be doing something less derivative next time.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2015 17:35
Looks very well done, and the artwork is excellent.

I have to concur with the MLP responses though. One day, Bronies will be protected by equality laws and they'll get their own parking spots nearest the gate at Country shows.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:33:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:33:38