Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / What can be done with Lightmapold settings in Setup.ini ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
By default the value says "lightmapold=0". I am currently using V1.8 and I really have no intention to upgrade to any other version at the moment.

I read in some thread (which I cannot recall) that there is a way to go back to the old lighmapping process. I've been looking back at some of my older works and others on here and I can see there is a clear difference in lightmapping since V1.4.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to go back to the old lightmapping process. I've been told its doable so while looking at this setting in the Setup.ini... I thought changing it to "1" would do the trick... All the engine does is crash when trying to lightmap the scene with "lightmapold=0". Is this not the way? Is there any way at all besides going back to V1.4? Surely someone knows.

Thanks community.

The Birds - A narrated adventure.
Diablo Chateau
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2015 14:13 Edited at: 29th Jan 2015 14:15
lightmapold=set to 1 to activate the old-style light mapping before DarkLIGHTS engine was integrated
lightmapshadows=discontinued

If you look in the folder where the setup.ini file is, there should be a file called setupdescription.txt Tells what everything does in there.

Here is the list if you don't have it.

That is what it is supposed to do, but I have never tried it.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2015 16:42 Edited at: 4th Feb 2015 11:28
Once I enabled the old lightmapping in 1.20.018, but insted of the old 1.06 style I got just a circled region where things were lit (no fading with regards to distance) and everything else was black. Also, if somehow it could be properly enabled, would it make the disappearing dynamic lights problem disappear?

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the info Myke.

I'm glad you got it to actually work Mriganka. It doesn't work for me as it crashes the engine upon the lightmapping process. It makes me wonder why they'd even leave an option to go back, if we are just going to have issues.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of what happens in the engine for you? I'm curious. I'm on a fresh install of V1.8 and I may bump up to V1.9 just for the video texture ability (that would be the only reason as IMHO V1.8 is most stable).

Thanks.

The Birds - A narrated adventure.
Diablo Chateau

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:54:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:54:09