Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Version 2.0.11

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 19:17 Edited at: 4th Feb 2015 17:31
I've uploaded version 2.0.11 to the downloads area with the following changes

Linux is now an official platform, tested on Ubuntu 14.04, I've added both 32 bit and 64 bit binaries to the download so it should work on both.

As before please keep bug reports in separate threads so they can be followed more easily.
paulrobson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 19:31
Excellent !

Question with regards to bug reports ; should they go in threads, or should we put them in the google code bugtracker ?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 19:35
I prefer threads as there are more people here that will confirm a bug or help work around it. But if you can confirm it is definitely a bug add it to the tracker as well.
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 19:58
Great work! Just tagging in to get the updates.

fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 20:03
Quote: "Tier 2
- Modified Tier 2 template project on Mac to use a more reliable method when fullscreen define is set to 1"

Is that "The Yosemite Problem" fix Paul?

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 20:10 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2015 20:26
Quote: "Is that "The Yosemite Problem" fix Paul?"

Yes
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 20:17
Has Steam version been updated too?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 20:27
Quote: "Has Steam version been updated too?"

Yes
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 20:38
Nothing I was interested in but I love seeing bugs being fixed

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
great work
fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 20:52
Quote: "Is that "The Yosemite Problem" fix Paul?"

Quote: "Yes"

Excellent. Thanks.

gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 22:50
@Paul Johnston

Programing is a Brain Stretcher

you don't witch way it will take you until you Reach a Destination
of it's Choosing

to move side ways - is to move forward
Since a Strait line gets thin fast
Alien Menace
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 02:39 Edited at: 4th Feb 2015 02:46
I'm sure there are folks here that are excited about having another platform added but when can we expect to see the Kickstarter stretch goals finished? To be honest I am a little surprised to see time spent getting something like this working before 3D enhancements and the debugger...

From the AppGameKit 2 Kickstarter FAQ:

Are you planning to support Linux?

Hi, not in this current Kickstarter. We did a survey of our users and Linux was not a high priority. Eventually we would love to add it to the roster of platforms.

Meanwhile the 3D enhancements and the debugger are over a year behind... I'm not trying to be a jerk but come on guys.

Apps published: 4
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 06:52
Quote: "I'm sure there are folks here that are excited about having another platform added but when can we expect to see the Kickstarter stretch goals finished?"

I get that, and if I were in your position I'd be asking the same thing. But Steam presented an opportunity that we couldn't ignore, and the interest it has generated in AppGameKit ensures that we can devote as much time as we need to the final goals to get them right. Linux was a part of that as it gives us more publicity on Steam, but now I am free to continue with the original plan and add the debugger and 3D commands, and then continue adding things as I think of them. I hope this goes some way to explaining the order of the updates.
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 07:19
So how do we export to Linux? Can we only do it by running the Linux version of the IDE? Do we know if AppGameKit runs on the Raspberry Pi?

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 07:29
Quote: "So how do we export to Linux? Can we only do it by running the Linux version of the IDE? Do we know if AppGameKit runs on the Raspberry Pi?"

The 'My Products' page has a separate download for Linux. I am assuming it is an installable package (rpm, maybe) that runs directly on Linux.

If you are running Ubuntu on your Raspberry Pi, it might work. I don't know what the space requirements are. This assumes that you have a display, keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device) to work with on the Raspberry Pi, if you mean to run the AppGameKit IDE on it.

I haven't explored the help pages to see if there is a setup for Linux or descriptions on how to build and export to other Linux devices (running Ubuntu).

(But I now itch to resurrect my Linux box that has been hanging out in a closet since we moved to Alaska.)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 07:47
Cheers AL, this is what I thought.

Just checked about the Pi and only v2 will officially run Ubuntu.

Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 08:21
Quote: "I've uploaded version 2.0.10 to the downloads area with the following changes"

Should that not be version 2.0.11 ?

----------------
AGK programmer
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 10:22
Raspberry Pi now has quad core and 1GB RAM

At £27, this is just silly. I see another purchase on the horizon now you implanted the idea of AGKπ

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
DazzyF
Years of Service
User Offline
So would this run on Raspberry PI2?

http://www.yorkshirereflections.com
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 15:06
This is from the Raspberry Pi website:

Quote: "
Let’s get the good stuff out of the way above the fold. Raspberry Pi 2 is now on sale for $35 (the same price as the existing Model B+), featuring:
A 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU (~6x performance)
1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM (2x memory)
Complete compatibility with Raspberry Pi 1

Because it has an ARMv7 processor, it can run the full range of ARM GNU/Linux distributions, including Snappy Ubuntu Core, as well as Microsoft Windows 10.
"

http://www.raspberrypi.org/raspberry-pi-2-on-sale/

So I would say that it would, especially since this quote also:

"The Raspberry Pi 2-compatible version of Windows 10 will be available free of charge to makers."
"

I already have the last model of the Pi and when I get chance I will try the Linux version of AppGameKit on it but I am diffinately going to buy the new version now.
This is very exciting and opens up a great deal of possiblilities:

Raspberry Pi and AppGameKit = lots of fun!

Maybe commands could be added to AppGameKit for the coders who build robots etc!
The Pi is in lots of schools now and this is why I bought it in the first place for my lad.

TGC, you could open up a vast new user base here, I think you need to hire some more coders for AGK2 developement and get on it quick

Programming - AMOS on the AMIGA! / DBPro / Python / A bit of C C++ / now also AGK2! - Graphics - Deluxe Paint on the Amiga / Paintshop Pro / Photoshop / Lightroom / Grafx2
Previously worked for Prisma Software producing childrens educational software on the Amiga - Titles - Pepe's Garden - Paint Pot / Kids Academy range - Paint Pot II / Shopping Basket / Which Where What? / Blobs / Alvin's Puzzles
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 15:14
Also check this

http://dev.windows.com/en-us/featured/Windows-Developer-Program-for-IoT

Programming - AMOS on the AMIGA! / DBPro / Python / A bit of C C++ / now also AGK2! - Graphics - Deluxe Paint on the Amiga / Paintshop Pro / Photoshop / Lightroom / Grafx2
Previously worked for Prisma Software producing childrens educational software on the Amiga - Titles - Pepe's Garden - Paint Pot / Kids Academy range - Paint Pot II / Shopping Basket / Which Where What? / Blobs / Alvin's Puzzles
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 17:43
Quote: "So how do we export to Linux? Can we only do it by running the Linux version of the IDE?"

Just copy the Linux players from the Players folder into your project folder, it is very similar to Windows except it has separate executables for 32 bit and 64 bit. You can rename the executables to anything you like but I recommend keeping the 32 and 64 suffixes so people know which one to run.

Quote: "Do we know if AppGameKit runs on the Raspberry Pi?"

Since the Raspberry Pi 2 runs ARM and so far I've only developed x86 and x86_64 versions of the library I doubt it will run, but if Ubuntu for Raspberry Pi 2 has all the necessary development libraries then it should be fairly easy to compile a build for it.

Quote: "Should that not be version 2.0.11 ?"

Fixed

Quote: "The Raspberry Pi 2-compatible version of Windows 10 will be available free of charge to makers."

I'm dubious about what type of functionality Windows 10 on Raspberry Pi will have, it sounds similar to Window RT which required different development tools from desktop Windows 8, but I guess we'll see.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 17:45
Downloading....

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 19:22
Since the Raspberry Pi 2 runs ARM and so far I've only developed x86 and x86_64 versions of the library I doubt it will run, but if Ubuntu for Raspberry Pi 2 has all the necessary development libraries then it should be fairly easy to compile a build for it.

I'm dubious about what type of functionality Windows 10 on Raspberry Pi will have, it sounds similar to Window RT which required different development tools from desktop Windows 8, but I guess we'll see.
"

I don't know for sure but I should imagine the Raspberry Pi version of Ubuntu will include all the development libraries as the Raspberry Pi has gone global at an amazing speed and is in lots of schools and colleges now for coding and developing etc. Can't imagine they would not include stuff like that.

I am also a bit dubious about free Windows 10 but again if it is for the Raspberry Pi then you would think for the same reason above it would be a good base to develop on.

I know there are a lot of things that have not been developed yet for AGK2 which have still got to be implemented but for the same reasons you went for Steam in order to get the user base etc, then I think leaving the Raspberry Pi would be a mistake with it's huge user base at present, especially now with V2 of the Pi!

The Raspberry Pi also has it's own APP store.

I am still going to buy one!

Imagine AGK2 game making abilities with added commands for the GPIO pins for making and you have an amazing global user base there!

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 22:45
Quote: " Imagine AGK2 game making abilities with added commands for the GPIO pins for making and you have an amazing global user base there!"

Agreed! That would be something very special indeed

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 & 2
bigc90210
Years of Service
User Offline
Since ive upgraded to v11, my sprite images are broken in my game and are just X's, but only when broadcast to my android device. If i make an APK and install that way they are also broken, but if i just press play and play my game from the IDE they all show up fine. any ideas?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2015 00:38
Quote: "Since ive upgraded to v11, my sprite images are broken in my game and are just X's, but only when broadcast to my android device."

Android broadcast apps now have case sensitive file names to match the APK exported versions. Only Android is case sensitive as it lacks a file browsing command for the assets folder that could be used to discover the correct file name, which is what we use on other platforms.
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2015 02:10
Quote: "Raspberry Pi now has quad core and 1GB RAM"

WOW. That's awesome! This is what happens when smart people take existing (and extremely advanced) smartphone technology and make a general purpose computer with it! Our little RPi that's running our internet looks pathetic in comparison to the latest versions

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2015 09:58
Quote: "Android broadcast apps now have case sensitive file names to match the APK exported versions."

That's so much better
bigc90210, it may be a pain now, but at least your game will not fail in the same way when you do the final export. Better to catch the problems straight away.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2015 14:02
Quote: "Since ive upgraded to v11, my sprite images are broken in my game and are just X's, but only when broadcast to my android device. If i make an APK and install that way they are also broken, but if i just press play and play my game from the IDE they all show up fine."

You've contradicted yourself there

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2015 17:56
Attached is a video of a problem with Intellisense. The problem has been around for a while, prior to 2.0.11.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Amon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2015 21:54
Thanks for the update. Having a good overall with this.

I brokeded it.
hackinc 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2015 02:52
In the case You Install Ubuntu utopic unicorn (14.10) from scratch. And then run AGK2 You may notice that compiles but nothing runs.
That's because You need to install libavformat54 and libavcodec54. But The repositories don't exist on Utopic, so you need to add them.

Just in case
Happy coding!!!

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2015 03:12
Quote: "Happy coding!"

Hey! That's my line! (And the 'c' should be in capitals.)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2015 04:47 Edited at: 12th Feb 2015 04:58
SetSpriteAnimation doesn't work in Tier 2 iOS!!!!!
It don't split the sheet in frames.
Please fix it!

Paul i suggest to leave the old version in the download section.

Edit : I'm investigating.... i will update!!

Edit 2: Sorry it's all ok. It works!!

unlikely
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2015 06:57
Please see this: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=213609&b=41 for a simple Mac IDE bug involving Recent Items / Opened Projects and Files.

Using AppGameKit v2 T1 + T2
Systems: Primary: Mac OS X 10.10
Secondary: Windows 7
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2015 14:04
I'm still experiencing an occasional error when exporting an IPA from the IDE [MAC].

Quiting and restarting the IDE and trying again fixes the issue.

Next time it happens I'll grab the error info. I think it's an SHA1 issue.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2015 16:59 Edited at: 12th Feb 2015 16:59
Quote: "Quote: "Happy coding!"
Hey! That's my line! (And the 'c' should be in capitals.)"

Can I claim it from issue 28 of the Newsletter in April 2005, or did you claim it before then?

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2015 03:40
Quote: "Can I claim it from issue 28 of the Newsletter in April 2005, or did you claim it before then?"

It is yours.

I can't remember if I used it when posting in the DarkBasic and DarkSDK forums. But I think not.

So, I started using it after getting AppGameKit V1.

Okay, it is a good community phrase and wish.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2015 09:31
Quote: "Okay, it is a good community phrase"

Agreed! Somebody needs to make a banner. I dislike banners, but I'll make an exception in this case.

Harlequin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 12:57
Linux bug report (but need somebody on a x64 Debian distro to confirm)

Using Tier1 on Centos7 x64

Application crashes when SetObjectTransparency is set to 1 or 2

It's late, I'm tired, out of coffee and now I'm wet.
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 18:28
Here's a screen grab of the MAC IDE crash when exporting IPA files. Restarting the IDE fixes the issue.
[img][/img]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
sdl
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 20:03
hello, the player has any problems. if I delete the data on Android for the player and then transfer my app, it is running. if I do it a 2nd time without deleting the data previously,the images are missing or the player crashes ...
Player and the IDE are up To date...

Mhhhh

Sascha
AlistairS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 16:33
Initialising string arrays within a function doesn't seem to work when the new syntax is used.

doesn't display anything, but using

works fine.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 16:53
I think when you use the Dim command to create an array it makes it Global automatically but the other way of creating an array does not and you have to tell it to be global.

Cheers.

AlistairS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 17:19
@spectrepaul. Yes, but the code only needs a local array.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 21:02
I would expect the above array code to work.
It does seem to be confused by a localised array. This doesn't work:

local words as string[3] = ["A","B","C", "D"]

but this does:

global words as string[3] = ["A","B","C", "D"]

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 21:44
Yes thats what I was saying, for some reason Arrays have to be global in AppGameKit, not sure if this is one of those things that is going to be on the next update because there was mention in the instructions of better things to come with the new way of creating an array to do with types. I'm sure I haven't just made that up as I remember reading it in the docs somewhere.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 22:53
A sensor problem, as spotted by hakimfulljacket, and confirmed by my tests.

The standard sensor demo shows the problem:

The orientation and latitude/longitude work.
No other sensors report a value.

BUT...if you exit via the Android home button, and go back in, it springs to life.

Waiting for several minutes does not fix the problem, so it's not an issue with delayed sensors.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:18:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:18:56