Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2015 03:02
there is a error where it wont let me play the game I build on exe. Is there something I am doing wrong.

THT
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2015 14:30
What is the error?
What type of FPSC are you using? Free, Free with upgrade purchase, Full version?
What version of FPSC are you using? v1.0, v1.18, v1.20?

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Tnt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2015 16:01
im using fpsc full version, im using v.19 and it says a error that when I load a game that I made on exe. it says error 13 when the game is loading.

THT
Tnt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2015 16:04
is say error 105 file does not exist at line 5636

THT
Tnt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2015 23:01
This is the error im getting

THT

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 02:54 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2015 02:56
I get that you want help and your encountering an error but Im gonna suggest maybe breaking it down into smaller parts and giving a bit more detail.

For example, I had an error earlier, "Error 118 -Subscript for Array is out of bounds at line 46648" Is your error in a similar syntax?

From what I gather these are array table errors or something, as far as i can figure out when fpsc builds a game it builds a table, telling it where to go when looking for other things, I could be totally wrong this is just how I understand it, so when your game is looking at that table for a specific value at a specific line, its not finding it and throwing up an error.

For me it was related to a specific script command at a certain point in the level.

Does your error occur when you do something specific or when a specific action or entity is activated? Is it on level load? is there something in the level it crashes on that isnt in other levels?

Im no coding wizkid but I do know a little and if you need help then you really need to provide more information or no one will know how to help.

**edit**

Just looked at the picture, Ive NEVER seen that before, just a text box with the number 13 in it and 'dark basic pro enhancements pack' in the message title bar.

Damn thats weird. Someone more versed in DarkBASIC might wana take a look at this 0.0

smoke em if you got em
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 10:55 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2015 10:57
That error shows up when you run the game in a secured folder. You need to enable administrator rights to the .exe file after the game is built with my best bet being you running the build from the My Games folder from the FPSC directory. Try moving the game to another drive or folder. And I dunno much about the second error. Probably a more advance user can approach it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:08:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:08:42