Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / I need your vote for the FlexIndie Jam 1

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 00:54 Edited at: 1st Mar 2015 20:11
Hey everybody,

Just posting here for a little more awareness in case you missed my thread in the AppGameKit Showcase Forum.

I released a game made with AGK2 as an entry for the FlexIndie JAM 1 competition.

The contest theme was CULTS and my entry is titled "The Cult Initiation".
Check out the thread in the showcase, or hit that link above to go directly to the voting page at FlexIndie Jam 1.
I was hoping that JLMoondog was going to get his entry submitted in time, but I haven't heard anything from him for a few days
It was his thread where I first found out about the competition.

Anyway, my entry is for ANDROID devices, so if you have one then PLEASE go check it out and cast a vote.

There are clues in the thread in the showcase, in case you get stuck at cracking the lock on the door. (you will understand when you play it)

THANKS, and lets make AGK2 the winner of FlexIndie's very first JAM!

edit
Voting is over, and it got 3rd place.
Thanks to everyone who voted!
I am going to use the prize money to purchase the sprite tools bundle here at TGC. (SpriteMe and Model-2-Sprite)
I am looking forward to using some FPSC classic 3d models as 2d sprites in AppGameKit!
THANKS AGAIN!!!

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 15:44
Voted

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 16:32
Voted...GO AppGameKit!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 16:48
lol
Thanks guys!
It looks like I came in last this time, but it was fun anyway!
It seems the voting thing was to drum up more traffic for his new site, which seems to have worked fairly well.
For now, it seems like it boils down to who has the most friends, but that will change once his site has grown its user base some.
If I were judging this competition, then I would have picked 'The Aspect' as the best entry.

Thanks again to everyone who voted, and next time I will get an earlier start and try to make a better showing for AGK.

george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 18:04
Voted
Parry
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 19:37
Voted
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 19:41
Voted

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 19:41
And here's another

Programming - AMOS on the AMIGA! / DBPro / Python / A bit of C C++ / now also AGK2! - Graphics - Deluxe Paint on the Amiga / Paintshop Pro / Photoshop / Lightroom / Grafx2
Previously worked for Prisma Software producing childrens educational software on the Amiga - Titles - Pepe's Garden - Paint Pot / Kids Academy range - Paint Pot II / Shopping Basket / Which Where What? / Blobs / Alvin's Puzzles
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 19:44
atleast your guaranteed a prize
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 20:10
Voting is over, and it got 3rd place.
Thanks to everyone who voted!
I am going to use the prize money to purchase the sprite tools bundle here at TGC. (SpriteMe and Model-2-Sprite)
I am looking forward to using some FPSC classic 3d models as 2d sprites in AppGameKit!
THANKS AGAIN!!!

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 20:56
Maybe it's not good for Conjured's chances next time, but maybe AGKers should take advantage of a new site like this, and make it their home for trying out competitions and getting a little free marketing.

Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 21:55
Quote: "Maybe it's not good for Conjured's chances next time, but maybe AGKers should take advantage of a new site like this, and make it their home for trying out competitions and getting a little free marketing."

I think ill be entering the next comp.

Congrats on 3rd place atleast you won something

http://crazyprogrammerproductions.webs.com/
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 22:11 Edited at: 1st Mar 2015 22:23
Quote: "Maybe it's not good for Conjured's chances next time, but maybe AGKers should take advantage of a new site like this, and make it their home for trying out competitions and getting a little free marketing."

Wow, what a nice way of saying "anyone here can make your junk look like crap Conjured".
Thanks lol

Seriously though, FlexIndie is a really cool site for distribution and it is a good match for any indie developer using AGK.
I cannot take any credit for finding it though, as it was JLMoondog (AKA Josh) who posted the thread where I discovered FlexIndie.

Quote: "I think ill be entering the next comp.

Congrats on 3rd place at least you won something"

I hope to see AppGameKit apps take 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in a contest there someday, so the more of us entering these contests the better.

Yeah, I won the Sprite Tools! (brought the prize back to TGC bruthas)
I will be taking advantage of the First Fridays at FlexIndie too though, so the money will find its way back there too!

Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 22:27
Quote: "Seriously though, FlexIndie is a really cool site for distribution and it is a good match for any indie developer using AGK.
I cannot take any credit for finding it though, as it was JLMoondog (AKA Josh) who posted the thread where I discovered FlexIndie."

Im not satisfied yet...Im hoping to be soon. I posted my app on there early yesterday morning and has bounced from being displayed in the store to now its not and the only way to find it is a search. Im sure they are still working out kinks in the system

Quote: "I hope to see AppGameKit apps take 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in a contest there someday, so the more of us entering these contests the better."

Would be very nice to see that.

Quote: "Yeah, I won the Sprite Tools! (brought the prize back to TGC brutha)"

Should have bribed Paul with it for some updates Congrats on your new Sprites!!!

http://crazyprogrammerproductions.webs.com/
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 08:44
Quote: "Wow, what a nice way of saying "anyone here can make your junk look like crap Conjured"."

I know you put a smiley but that's not what was meant at all. No offence can be taken from what was said...

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 13:37
Quote: "Wow, what a nice way of saying "anyone here can make your junk look like crap Conjured""

I apologise if that sounded offensive, it wasn't meant to. I was trying to say that if 10 more people here entered, it will increase the competition by 3 or 4 times. The selfish approach is to tell nobody and increase your chances, I appreciate that you've shared it.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 17:05 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2015 17:18
Quote: "I apologise if that sounded offensive, it wasn't meant to. "

Please, quit saying that dude.
No need for sorry, because it was clear you meant no offense.
I just like to clown around like that sometimes, hence the smiley, the lol, and the 'seriously though' continuation.
Since you keep taking me seriously, then I guess I will have to stop clowning with you.

Quote: "I know you put a smiley but that's not what was meant at all. No offence can be taken from what was said..."

Well, at least someone saw the smiley.
And you are right, no offense can be taken from what was said. (more reason to know I was clowning)

When...
Quote: "Maybe it's not good for Conjured's chances next time, but maybe AGKers should take advantage of a new site like this, and make it their home for trying out competitions and getting a little free marketing.
"

..becomes...
Quote: ""anyone here can make your junk look like crap Conjured""

...you have to know they can't be for real.
I'll try to dull down my already dull sense of humor for you guys.
Sorry to anyone who actually thought I was twisting his words that way. (I forget about the newcomers sometimes)
I was joking. (if I end a sentence with a smiley + lol and begin the next sentence with 'seriously though,' then I am joking)

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 17:14
Quote: "Since you keep taking me seriously, then I guess I will have to stop clowning with you. "

Clowning is fine with me. The problem with text/forums is that there is no inflection and the meaning can be misconstrued. So my phrase looked bad in hindsight, your response looked offended and so the downward spiral can begin. I'd rather admit my mistakes and start back at the top again

We need a conference where we can all meet in person and get to know each other better

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 17:17 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2015 17:33
Quote: "We need a conference where we can all meet in person and get to know each other better"

See, now he wants to beat me up! lol

I am sorry if it appeared as though I wanted to put BatVink in a bad light, or imply that he is a bad guy because he is not.
I think he is a cool dude (like many people here), and that is why I like to clown around with him. (he was first to come in here and vote!)
I'll tone it down and state 'Just Kidding' in the future. (just kidding)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:26:43
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:26:43