Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Text Rotation and Reflection

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 08:25
Hey everyone! So im working on a game that frequently changes the orientation of the screen and I'm trying to draw a score in the corners of the screen as it shifts. Now, I've got it looking great using SetCharAngle() and SetCharPosition(). Unfortunately, as noted on the Help page, when the score is updated, it also resets the positioning variable and the result is that for one frame the text visibly returns to its orientation from left to right. I was wondering if there was a more efficient way of rotating or reflecting text instead of manually positioning and rotating each character of the string.

I expect that there is no way around this specific problem and that I might have to create a system of number sprites and go from there. Of course, it would probably use the Text commands.

As always, I appreciate any insight you could offer.
Jambo B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 00:14
Just a thought, have you tried changing the text string, and then restoring the angle and position of the text within the same frame before the next Sync()?

Cheers,

- J

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 22:37:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 22:37:51