Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Updating AGKWrapper C# to v108.24 - assistance needed!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2015 19:56
Hello, fellow developers!

Because I don't currently own AGK2 (but I'm saving up for it) I have to do with the older one.

Some time ago I noticed in the download that someone had made a C# Wrapper for AppGameKit v106.x which obviously isn't up to date anymore. I found that the code of the project still exists on Codeplex but wasn't touched since 2012.

As I am not that talented developer in C++ and I find Tier 2 somewhat restrictive when it comes to containers, string manipulation and working with XML/JSON. I've thought of starting to learn C#, even more so when I found out that someone already brought .NET and AppGameKit together.

So, I've downloaded the project and updated it with the v108.24 commands. The project (the C++ part) compiles nicely but when it tries to put the DLL together, I get the following error message:

I have tried to figure out what's wrong with the setup. I have tried enabling/disabling incremental build, I have tried removing and changing order of imported libraries but no, I can't get pass this. Could it be that simple thing, if the project was put together using 32-bit machine and I'm using 64-bit?

Is there someone else who has given this project a thought, or even better so, tried to update the project? I really need help with this one. If some of you guys knows even little bit more about C++/Visual Studio projects etc. I hope you can lend a hand.

Many thanks!

Mah machine: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 4x3.40GHz | CM Hyper 212 Evo | ASRock H97 Pro4 | 240GB SanDisk SSD | Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Dual-X 2048MB | Seagate HDD 1000GB |
8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:53:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:53:40