Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / loading screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there, Stealth Sin here again, about a month ago I bought a DLC for Call of duty black ops II zombies map "Origins", this zombies map inspired me to create a zombies map off of FPSC, I already have the game made, but here's the thing, I would like to have my fpsc game to play with out a main menu and go straight to the loading screen, is their any possible way to do this, also i want it to play a splash screen that can not be skipped by pressing the escape key, but only after a couple of seconds...

Anthony Gonzales
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 20:37
Hi Stealth Sin
Quote: " i want it to play a splash screen that can not be skipped "

I'm not sure about the "splash" screen, but I know in the syntax list is a command "playfullvideo=1" the video will play to completition. You could try a few scripts with that and see if it works when you load your game?
Quote: "play with out a main menu and go straight to the loading screen"

Ok, I've seen this done before. Here's a link to Section812's
"Infector" menu Creator. It has Bypass Title Screen options.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=187559&b=21
See if that helps you out. It has "splash screen" options also.
But remember, you do need to give the player a way to "exit" the
game some how if you setup to go "straight to the loading screen".
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Also one last thing I noticed with a couple of my built exe's when doing something very similar (I just had a start and exit button and a splash vid that plays) but whenever I quit the game, or the game reached the end and hit the quit command, it would crash.

Removing the splash video fixed this.

So its linked to that somehow. Just not sure how. Just noticed you wanted a splash vid and if its just for a few seconds Id recommend a few still images with short time gaps between them to give illusion of motion. That was you can also use plrdisable=(insert numbers here to whatever the delay is you want) to disable the player input I think.

Heres my title page fpi as an example for inserting the video and to see if anyones got any clues on why the game crashes on quit, I also noticed if I had a splash vid play during the load screen for the first leve, then the game would subsequently crash on loading the second level (if the second level too had a video backdrop) removing the video back drops fixed this. Strange

smoke em if you got em
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2015 15:04
@Sinister Spoon
I see you have it in your "title" page. If you want a "splash" video to load before anything else one can name it "splash.avi"
and just place it in your "main" directory along with the game.exe
The "splash" video will now play first. No need to alter the "title" page.
I have found if you need a video play as in your "loading" page the line calling for the "video" needs to be before the "music".
As in....

This way the video loads just before the music, this has caused me some problems before.

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2015 15:04 Edited at: 6th Mar 2015 15:06
Oop's, somehow a double post?

Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah NCmako, I tried just having it named splash in the main avi and it didnt seem to play at all. I Noticed that command myself and experimented before just using the video= and backdrop video commands, thing is video always gets played at a terrible resolution and inconsistent frame rate so Like a lot of other posts regarding video in loading/title pages, I too gave up on the concept, its a neat idea but doesnt seem to be implemented anywhere near well enough and as mentioned earlier, after playing the splash avi, the loading page 1 avi, on the loading page 2 call to play the loading avi again the built exe just crashes, upon completing the game and going back to title and calling the title video again. Crash.

Thinking about it, it seems to occur when a request is made to play a video that has already been played.

Maybe an error in the source somewhere? Video isnt getting loaded or unloaded properly?

smoke em if you got em
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2015 18:33
Sinister Spoon
Quote: "named splash in the main avi and it didnt seem to play at all"

Funny, it work's fine for me. Just to be sure, remove all mention
of it from your "titlepage", rename the video "splash.avi"(has to be .avi format) place in your main directory next to your main game .exe file. Splash video should play first smoothly.

Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Ahh see I was going to question that when you said main before, It was in my videobank, duh! I is Haz teh stoopidz !lol Well thats one issue down only about 30 bajillion left...

smoke em if you got em
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
okay now im really messed up, when i installed the thing, then after two days I bought model pack 52, then when i went to build a game, it says my build game upgrade isn't valid or something, and I installed it again said the same thing and then I tried to un-intall the core.exe software, it didn't work, and then i went to add or remove programs and it didn't show it, so now I can't create games anymore because the core.exe is stopping it...

Anthony Gonzales
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2015 17:50
Stealth Sin
Quote: "my build game upgrade isn't valid or something"

I guessing here because you also said you "uninstalled and reinstalled" double check your "userdetails.ini" file. Sometimes the serial code gets erased. Check that first.
best

Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
okay everything is there except my name, its located as YourName=, does this have something to do with my problem...

Anthony Gonzales
Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Possibly... What I tend to do is keep a copy of the User ini in a zip file on my desktop, so whenever I uninstall and reinstall I can just copy it over.

Should always back up stuff like that before making any changes.

It should look like this (with the fields filled out in your details)

[PERSONAL DATA]
YourName=BobTheEpicGreatandAwesome
YourSerialCode=872435yeruhtge7yt9y54ht675 (obviously not a real one)
YourFullPath=C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Fps Creator

[LOCALIZATION]
language=english

smoke em if you got em
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
okay it still says no name, but my build game is now fully functional, maybe when I re-installed the build game upgrade, it probably needed time before FPSC could actually process it. Also I had an idea of creating a mod for FPSC to help with creating zombie survival scripts ex. money, health, stamina, pack-a-punch, mystery box, and almost everything in zombies, is their a certain software ill need to have to create a mod?

Anthony Gonzales
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2015 02:35
Quote: "Also I had an idea of creating a mod for FPSC to help with creating zombie survival scripts ex. money, health, stamina, pack-a-punch, mystery box, and almost everything in zombies, is their a certain software ill need to have to create a mod?"

You will need the following...

* Dark Basic Pro (you can get DBP Free here)

* FPSC Source

You also require purchased copies of...

* DarkAI

* DarkLIGHTS

You will need the DBP Upgrade.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:19:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:19:26