Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Game Design Theory / Ideas on this game im makeing?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm makeing a text base game with cmd any ideas with a good story line should be?

It's gonna be a anime game so I need a pretty nice/good story line

The game is gonna be like a rpgmmo type game but text base

Got a good storyline I should do?

Dillon waggoner
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2015 02:23 Edited at: 9th Mar 2015 02:24
I've moved this thread to the Game Design board, as it is probably better suited here.

You originally posted in the "3D Chat" section, which is for discussions based on media creation using 3D packages!

Check out the stickied post at the top of this board for story writing tips:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=93855&b=19

Cheers,
BiggAdd

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2015 14:24
So a text based manga game with a command line style?

Sounds pretty unique. Personally I'd go for a 'ghost in machine' plot - maybe you discover some AI 'being' who has gone rogue, or developed itself and is trying to prevent some apocalyptic event, or government conspiracy.

Maybe yourself and other players are hackers, sharing information to access top secret data, banks, defense installations, etc etc. Perhaps being able to make fake viruses and worms would be cool - like a little script language or abstracted assembly language system, so player compete to crack each others computers, as well as other systems.

I'm sure you know the sort of thing I'm talking about, the start of the first Matrix movie, or Wargames - I think the biggest challenge would be how to maintain real depth to the game, and the only way to really do that is to let it expand through the end user.

I am the one who knocks...
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 21:46
I'm not a massive fan of anime/mange myself. I never find the stories all that good, ironically enough.

I also have no idea how a text based rpgmmo would actually work. In actual fact I have no idea how stories work in mmo's as I've never played any style of mmo.

Which begs the questions as to why I'm posting on this thread as I seem to have no interest and no frame of reference for this...

Oh, yeah, that was it, if I was making an rpg, of any kind, I would probably just keep the plot / story as simple as possible. Something like a The revenge of the forty-seven Ronin. Here you can have a group of players playing the part of the ronin taking revenge for the death of their master. You could even transplant it to a different setting.

I think if it was just a straight single player rpg then it would open it up to more ideas. I don't know but I'm not sure that an mmo is the best way to tell an interesting story.

Emma Lopez
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2015 09:27 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2015 10:13
I would like to suggest for single player as multi player would create more of complications. Moreover you can create form some adventure.

<a href="http://www.instant-gaming.com/fr/289-acheter-cle-uplay-the-division/">acheter the division</a>

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:28:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:28:54