Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Shaders worked in Alphas, not in release?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 21:55
First off, thanks for fixing the OBJ load times.
I still had to amend the version headers, but now this:

"error: Shader "shader.vs" requires vertex attributes that object 100013 does not provide, this shader may fail to display the object in blah.agc at line 40"

Well.. the vertex attributes are there. Think something is still not quite right. Also, the line number and file referenced is completely incorrect.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 22:04 Edited at: 5th Mar 2015 22:07
look at line 40 of your shader code. that's all I got to say because you have no code. Are you trying to compile it through a mobile environment.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 22:27 Edited at: 5th Mar 2015 22:27
There's not even 40 lines in the shader.

No, it's all the same code; all works on V2 alphas, now same project doesn't work in release.

For reference, this is the shader, but it appears to indicate that vertex information is missing from the (loaded) OBJ - the loading of objects in AppGameKit was slow and has been updated to load faster.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 17:55
Does the object contain position, normal, and UV values in the OBJ file? If so can you send me the object with a shader that fails and I'll take a look.
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2015 23:04
This is a project that compiled fine on V2 alphas. I'll isolate the object which is referenced (it's just object 100xx so I don't know which yet) and upload if I'm sure it has the right properties.

nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2015 23:18
OK, I isolated the object and it doesn't have any normals. This wasn't a problem before on the alphas. The object is just a plane used for texturing a floor and it doesn't appear to be one I created like the rest.

I think it came from markus (some issue I was having with repeat texturing) and he posted this for me so I've attached it here.

(I couldn't get a simple plane to repeat using a repeat UV at some point I remember..)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:45:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:45:34