Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2015 10:17
Here is a Snowman game to keep the little ones entertained. Even my 1 year old boy enjoys playing it!

Snowman game

This is my first app to be published on the Android Play Store.

At the time of posting this announcement, the game's status is "Published", however not yet available in the store (any idea how long it usually takes? Hopefully not too long!).

If anyone would like to test this game for me, let me know (pm) and I'll send you the APK.

P.S. This was supposed to be my NaGaCraMo entry - better late than never! Hehe.

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2015 11:16
Quote: "any idea how long it usually takes? "

Normally about 2 hours... Will check this out once available... Good luck...

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2015 12:42 Edited at: 16th Mar 2015 12:56
Great! I've got my head around the basics of Android Developer Console now

Please e-mail me if you are happy to test this for me. I will add you to the snowman-beta testing group and send you the link for the beta download. (You get to play it for free that way!)

Thank you!

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2015 14:58
Nice little app for the young ones.. AppGameKit Developer badge awarded. Keep up the great work!!

Cheers!

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2015 15:20
@CJB

Nice app with great graphics for kids. nice and colourfull.
I have just put a couple of +1's on it for you.

If you have a Facebook page and twitter account for it then let me know and I will like and follow including retweets to help getting the word out for the app.

With having the kids app Paint Pot out I know how hard it is with regards to downloads and getting it noticed so everything we can do to assist each other will help.

Really nice work and well done with the release.

The Amiga and Amos were great!
Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2015 16:59
That looks cute.
Congratulations on your badge!

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2015 17:18
Woohoo! I got a developer badge! Does this mean I can put "Accredited AppGameKit Developer" on my CV?

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. It's quite exciting getting published isn't it!?! Hehe.

@spectrepaul - Thanks! I'll be glad to reciprocate. I'll have to learn what Facebook and Twitter is all about now won't I Heh.

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2015 17:38
Quote: "Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. It's quite exciting getting published isn't it!?! Hehe.
"

Yes it's great As I said when I got mine, makes you want to print it out and stick it on your chest hehe.

Quote: "@spectrepaul - Thanks! I'll be glad to reciprocate. I'll have to learn what Facebook and Twitter is all about now won't I Heh.
"

Cheers. Facebook and twitter are quite easy to get started with to be honest. You need a normal Facebook account for yourself but then you can create a company page all about your apps which is then seperate to the normal one for people to see but other people can then LIKE the page and you can get the word out.
The twitter account is as mentioned just as easy and once you are on there just follow loads of people and they will follow back
Try to follow game devs etc first as this is the best and most helpfull cummunity.
Once you put posts on there which include hash tags like #GooglePlay it will increase your search options in the Play Store, that's what I have found anyway.

If you want to have a look at some pages to see what they are like then here are mine:

Twitter - @leapappsuk
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/leapappsuk

When you get them up and running come and look for me and I will help you out.

The Amiga and Amos were great!
Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2015 18:41
Quote: "Woohoo! I got a developer badge! ... It's quite exciting getting published isn't it!?! Hehe."

Thrilling!

Quote: "Does this mean I can put "Accredited AppGameKit Developer" on my CV? "

Being an "Accredited AppGameKit Developer" means you don't need a CV as a independent developer.

Don't forget about FlexIndie and their First Friday of the month twist.

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2015 10:51 Edited at: 17th Mar 2015 15:15
Good shout about FlexIndie! I've never seen it before. I'll be signing up tonight! (can't right now - I'm in work ). Thanks!

Quote: "
Being an "Accredited AppGameKit Developer" means you don't need a CV as a independent developer"

I like the sound of that!

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2015 10:56
Nice little app there CJB... I need to apologies though, when trying out games, my very nature is to try and break them And I know this is aimed at kids, but I couldn't help myself lol...

I found a potential bug. If you tap and hold the wheel, you can then move it freely without it registering as a spin. I simply move the wheel to one away from what I need, and then do a 'Slow Mo' spin to the next item...

Again, I know this is aimed at kids who are likely never gonna find this trick, but I thought you'd might like to know all the same

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2015 11:46
Great! Thanks Funnell7. I'm glad you tried to break it Haha! I am aware of the hold and drag for a slow-mo spin. This is intended functionality in order to give the game a certain skill element (rather than just being a game of chance).

Later versions of the game will have a bonus meter that grows depending on how fast you spin the wheel. Lots of fast spins will fill the bonus meter giving the player the opportunity to attack their opponents with either a snow-ball or hair dryer attack This should introduce a tactical element for players (slow & accurate, or fast and aggressive).

Also to add:

* more diverse snowman elements so each snowman is unique (my hand-drawn attempts are shocking! Lol).

* Winner to be able to share a picture of their snowman via facebook

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2015 11:53
Quote: "giving the player the opportunity to attack their opponents with either a snow-ball or hair dryer attack"

Lol, that sounds like an excellent idea... Looking forward to it...

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2015 13:46 Edited at: 17th Mar 2015 14:12
Quote: "Lots of fast spins will fill the bonus meter giving the player the opportunity to attack their opponents with either a snow-ball or hair dryer attack"

lol
I found the slow spin too but figured it was intentional when I saw the comments on spin speed.
I like that feature, but I have to hit the brakes on the hair dryer as kids shouldn't be playing with them. (or matches or flame throwers or other things that can burn them, or start a fire)
Like the snowball thing though, as that is a normal (and usually safe (- ice balls)) part of snow day fun.
The snowmen could be built as a wall of defense for snowballs battles. (been there, done that)

On a side note:
I forgot to offer a suggestion before, so...
If the little ones like 1 year old and barely older will be playing this, then maybe you can add a few sound files so the snowman can talk to them.
After all, most of them are probably not reading yet, so the HUD is not doing a lot.
A talking snowman might have a lot more appeal (it worked well for Frosty), and give them a reason to get the mouth asap.
That would promote more short spins at the beginning to counter balance the new fast spin rewards.
You are only like what, 13 mb? So, a few short one/two word sound files shouldn't hurt too bad.

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2015 15:21
@CE - Very good point about the hair-dryer attack. I'll drop that and stick with the snowballs. It definitely needs more sound, and perhaps a theme tune. Love the idea of making the snowman talk once you get the mouth! Fantastic. Thank you!

Wish I could work on it right now!

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:21:45
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:21:45