Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Help with Google Play Crash report...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2015 11:40 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2015 11:43
Ok, so I have an app I'm about ready to publish another app to Android (well, it's am update to my first app, but that's beside the point, lol), but I seem to be having another of those annoying problems which send me scurrying here to ask you guys for help

Basically my app runs fine on all of my test devices except my Note 3, on which it crashes on exit. This doesn't happen on gingerbread, or jellybean, so I am assuming it's a problem specific to lollipop.

I do get a handy crash report, but it may as well have been written in Greek for all the sense I can make from it.

I've included the report above, and I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me why my app is crashing or what this report is saying?

I would be glad of any help with this, thanks in advance.

>Edit<

Compiled using the Export to apk option from the editor, using the latest version of AppGameKit v2.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2015 14:09
I'm not sure what the log is telling you, but AppGameKit has had issues with exiting an app for a very long time. The majority of my apps occasionally crash on exit... The resolution for me was very simple, get rid of the exit button Having an exit button isn't the preferred method anyway. Android prefer the user to return to the home screen and let the OS decide when to kill the app...

iOS will actually reject an app if they 'notice' an exit button...

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 12:56
@Funnell7:
Thanks for the reply.

I'm aware of AGK's problem with exiting sometimes, although I was under the impression that Naphier's fix for the problem had been taken up into the main AppGameKit build.

I think this is different though. It's only happening on my Lollypop device (Haven't found anyone else with one to test it on yet, lol); and it's happening everytime.

I'm pretty sure the same code worked fine with the previous version of AppGameKit, but if I get chance later I will test some more by recompiling older projects which use the same code with the newest build of AGK.

And it's not an exit button as such, it's the bit where you press the hardware back button from the main menu, and it asks you if you want to quit, just like almost every other android game does.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 15:28
Quote: "And it's not an exit button as such, it's the bit where you press the hardware back button from the main menu, and it asks you if you want to quit, just like almost every other android game does. "

So you get the crash when you press the back button? Not actually when you call the 'end' command?...

=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 17:02
@Funnell7:
No, sorry. Was just explaining the lack of actual on screen button. I'm assuming it is crashing when it gets to the end command though. Or at some point where AppGameKit is tidying up after itself.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 17:08
Got it... As I'm sure you have already worked out, there isn't much I can offer here, sorry... I no longer have a quit/exit routine in my apps (I used too, but due to the random crashes, I got rid) as an exit button isn't the preferred method anyway - although I agree, many apps still have them...

=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 17:46
@Funnell7:
No worries, thanks for replying anyway

=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 23:42
Hmm, weirder and weirder.

I have fixed the issue, by having a label at the last line of the code, and then using Goto to jump the the label instead of calling the End command.

Seems to work on Android 2.3, 4.4 and 5.0

Oddly, the revised "End" command from v2.0.12 still causes the app to crash.

PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 18:40
could it have something to do with the main loop still running while the end command is given, or in Sync() maybe, I'm curious to know if the below code also solves your crash because its how I like code! lol

PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 18:47
also, your crash report seems to point to "JNIAudioPortCallback" as the root of the crash, maybe kill your running sounds before "end"

I have seen situations where JNIAudioPortCallback has been responsible for the crash on exit where its trying to use a pointer already detached from the main thread!
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2015 23:51
@PartTimeCoder:
Thanks, I'll look into your suggestions. Although I am pretty sure I have stopped and deleted all the audio stuff before it gets to the end.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 01:40:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 01:40:59