Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / New Apple TV and CompleteRawJoystickDetection()

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 10:49 Edited at: 27th Mar 2015 10:50
There are lots of rumours floating around about an updated Apple TV coming in June:
http://www.macrumors.com/2015/03/20/new-apple-tv-wwdc-siri-app-store/
These rumours have done the rounds before but they seem to be a bit more concrete this time around, talking about there being an App Store for it. This could be good for us if AppGameKit works on it as well as it does for other iOS devices, but there will be some hiccups. First one I see is the CompleteRawJoystickDetection(), where the help states:
Quote: "However if you do wish to use joystick commands in your app you must call this command to make sure that the total number of joysticks connected have been found. After this initial detection process plugging in additional joysticks will not be detected. "

I have a dream where Apple comes up with a way to allow any old iOS device to connect to the Apple TV and be used as a controller But for a good user experience that last part will have to change, especially in multiplayer couch coop games where players and controllers can come and go, often after the game starts.

Could be worth looking at, what other problems might there be? Even if the Apple TV rumours don't pan out I can see this being a problem for controller games on other platforms too. Not sure who would want to restart their Steam game after discovering two of their Xbox controllers weren't switched on after startup.

Twitter: @itanican
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PushdownGame
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 18:52
WooooOW Great!!!!!
A new market for the apps!!!
I will investigate moreeee!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:32:31