Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Version 2.0.12

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 18:45 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2015 03:05
I've uploaded version 2.0.12 to the downloads area with the following changes

The debugger is a large change so it may have hidden bugs, or introduced bugs into the broadcast process, so let me know if anything misbehaves. This version will not work with 2.0.11 players, nor will the 2.0.11 IDE work with 2.0.12 players, they will both produce an error if the bytecode file is incompatible.

To add variables to the debugger double click on the blank entry in the Variables column in the Variables window and type any variable expression you want to watch. This can include arrays, type fields, sub arrays, etc, if the expression isn't valid it will tell you. You can also watch local variables that are defined in functions, and if you pause the app inside a nest of functions you can use the call stack to see which functions were called and from where, and click on one to view its local variables.

You can debug on a device by going to the Build Options and setting the IP address of your device, if the field is left blank (default) then it will debug on your current machine. Debugging can be done from Windows, Mac, or Linux.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the tier 1 command to manually send output to the Debug Log window is Log("Some Data")

Known issues
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for putting in all the fixes for T2 users , not just the debugger for T1
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 18:51 Edited at: 1st Apr 2015 18:55
Is this another wind up lol... (For reference: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=214085&b=41)

Good work Paul!!

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 18:51
Thank you Paul, downloading now.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 19:07 Edited at: 1st Apr 2015 19:07
I might be missing something but I just tried the debugger and I don't get my project running I get this:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 19:14
Does the debug log in the IDE have anything in it?
Space Dream Studios
Competition Prize Winner 2014
Years of Service
User Offline
Great work Paul! It's compiling and running well here, also broadcasting works, at least to an android device. Haven't tried it on iOS yet. BUT, don't see any variables in the debugger!? Even not after typing the ones in, I want to trace....

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 20:44 Edited at: 1st Apr 2015 20:51
Quote: "Does the debug log in the IDE have anything in it?"

It said something like Debugging on Local Machine... sorry, on my Mac now going to try debugging on this platform.

EDIT: Works fine on Macbook!

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Paul!

Quote: "- Fixed render images not being restored properly after resuming on Android"

Nice fix as I've run into this a lot. Is the 'must be multiples of two' still required with render images on mobile? I still find that one drawback of using it to its full potential.
Space Dream Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone else who sees no values of variables in the debugger?

Alien Menace
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 21:32 Edited at: 1st Apr 2015 21:33
Quote: "Anyone else who sees no values of variables in the debugger?"

I am not getting the values of the variables either.

Apps published: 4
JohnStabler
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 23:29
The stop broadcast button doesn't seem to work for me, so I have to restart the IDE every time I need to start again with my Android device.
Space Dream Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 23:56 Edited at: 1st Apr 2015 23:57
Confirmed! STOP broadcast button quits the player on ANDROID every time you hit it. On iOS works fine.

roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
Debugger.
Thank you very much!
'nuff said
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 01:13 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2015 03:00
Quote: "BUT, don't see any variables in the debugger!?"

Variables are only evaluated when the program is stopped at a breakpoint or after a step, or when you choose pause from the debug menu.

Quote: "Is the 'must be multiples of two' still required with render images on mobile?"

Yes, I will look at this as part of the 3D update

Quote: "The stop broadcast button doesn't seem to work for me, so I have to restart the IDE every time I need to start again with my Android device."

I can't replicate this, did you use the player from the Google Play store, or the one from the Players folder, or one exported from the IDE?

Quote: "It said something like Debugging on Local Machine"

That sounds similar to a bug I fixed on Mac where the app would open but wouldn't connect to the IDE for debugging, but it could be a firewall issue, let me know when you've ruled out firewall issues and I'll see if the same change in the Windows code helps.
Jambo B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 02:36 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2015 02:51
Baxslash wrote:

Quote: "I might be missing something but I just tried the debugger and I don't get my project running I get this..."

That happened the first time I clicked debug. It was Windows Firewall getting in the way. Just allowed local access and it works fine.

@Paul: THANKS - it's clear that you have been very busy, the debugger looks brilliant, and I'm happy with the bugfixes.

EDIT - the debugger has already helped me track down two stupid (typo-style) errors which had me scratching my head.

Cheers!

- (a very happy) James
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 02:55
Quote: "Added a media refresh call after PrintImage() on Android to make the file appear to external apps"

Great, been waiting for this. Cheers Paul.

The Amiga and Amos were great!
Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
Jambo B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 03:45 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2015 03:47
So here begin the suggestions, sorry!

Quote: "Added SetEditBoxCursorPosition command to bring a certain portion of the text into view"

This is useful. How about a command:

GetEditBoxCursorPosition()

...to match it?

I'm validating user input by not allowing certain characters into editboxes. At the moment, I'm doing that by:

- checking whether the contents have changed
- if they have, check for disallowed characters and remove from string
- set editbox contents to new string.

This has the side-effect of placing the cursor at the end of the editbox. Ideally, I would:

- check whether the contents have changed
- if they have, save the cursor position, remove disallowed characters, then set the editbox to the new string
- restore the original cursor position.

This would have the effect of the disallowed character just not showing up at all. Classy

Thanks,

James
Alien Menace
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 07:11
Quote: "Variables are only evaluated when the program is stopped at a breakpoint or after a step, or when you choose pause from the debug menu."

Why not have the option to continuously update during debug?

Apps published: 4
JohnStabler
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 10:15
Quote: "I can't replicate this, did you use the player from the Google Play store, or the one from the Players folder, or one exported from the IDE?"

False alarm. It's working this morning. I suspect restarting my PC did the trick. It was the player from the Google Play Store.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 10:47
Quote: "That happened the first time I clicked debug. It was Windows Firewall getting in the way. Just allowed local access and it works fine."

I don't have Windows Firewall active, or any firewall for that matter. I'm not sure why a firewall would cause a problem debugging on the local machine anyway? It doesn't stop Visual Studio...

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 12:04
Linux distribution help file is missing, the link refers to a non existing android page.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 12:13
I just want to reiterate an issue which I highlighted on the v2.0.11 thread (its not on the fixed list so am assuming its still an issue)...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=213513&b=41&msg=2552435#m2552435

Paul, unfortunately, I have found another 'restriction' issue when exporting an .apk from the IDE... It appears the IDE does not allow you to use a Package Name of > 50 characters. I have apps which are already published with a Package Name of > 50. This restriction is preventing me from being able to make any updates to these apps...

I am not sure where this restriction has come from (am assuming Google Play?), but the apps I am referring to are published on other sites (such as SlideMe), which do not have this restriction...

Could you please remove this max length restriction?

Many thanks...

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 13:07
I am trying to upload my app to the apple app store today. I have both built the tier 1 app and exported it with 2.0.12

Using the application loader keeps giving me this error:

Quote: "Error ITMS-90163: "Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. The entitlements in your app bundle signature do not match the ones contained in the provisional profile. The bundle contains a key that is not included in the provisional profile: 'aps-environment' in 'Payload/Bomb Breaker Free.app/Bomb Breaker Free'." "

I am using chartboost, and I check the box on export. Enabled services on the provisional profile are:
Game Center, In-App Purchase
Even though I don't use them, although that's never been a problem in the past.

It could be something I'm doing, but suspect it may have something to do with push notifications? I'm going to keep trying stuff and maybe try redoing with 2.0.11 and see if that works.

Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 14:52 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2015 14:52
the stop broadcast button does not work for me either and values for the variable do not appear in debugger window. I does not let me pause in debug menu.

JohnStabler
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 15:08
Quote: "the stop broadcast button does not work for me either and values for the variable do not appear in debugger window. I does not let me pause in debug menu.
"

Have you tried restarting your PC since installation? It seemed to work for me.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 15:11
Quote: "I am trying to upload my app to the apple app store today. I have both built the tier 1 app and exported it with 2.0.12

Using the application loader keeps giving me this error:

Quote: "Error ITMS-90163: "Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. The entitlements in your app bundle signature do not match the ones contained in the provisional profile. The bundle contains a key that is not included in the provisional profile: 'aps-environment' in 'Payload/Bomb Breaker Free.app/Bomb Breaker Free'." "

I am using chartboost, and I check the box on export. Enabled services on the provisional profile are:
Game Center, In-App Purchase
Even though I don't use them, although that's never been a problem in the past.

It could be something I'm doing, but suspect it may have something to do with push notifications? I'm going to keep trying stuff and maybe try redoing with 2.0.11 and see if that works."

I have just successfully uploaded the app using 2.0.11, so this may be a problem with 2.0.12?

I also had the problem with the 'stop broadcast' button. A computer restart fixed this for me.

Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 15:26 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2015 16:43
Quote: "Have you tried restarting your PC since installation?"

This worked i saw your earlier post and tried it. Everything seems to be ok now.

EDIT: the stop broadcast button does not work occasionally though.

Space Dream Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
By the way, wasn't able in 2.0.11 as well as in 2.0.12 to export the iOS player out of the IDE, on my Mac. Error message "can't copy source folder" or similar came up. So I compiled the player out of RESOURCES with Xcode, which worked fine then. If I remember right, during compiling with Xcode, there came a message like "chartboost has to be updated" or similar, which I accepted to get a working iOS player... May be that helps.

Pumpkin Software
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 16:16 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2015 16:51
Hi,
Re v2.0.12: My sprites no longer display in my scissor window area, just blank grey images in this area now. All was/is ok in v2.0.11. Using tier 1.
Thanks

AGK v2.11 Tier 1
fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 16:31
Just to confirm that render images now behave correctly after a suspend/resume on Android.

Many thanks Paul.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 19:12 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2015 19:13
Quote: "Why not have the option to continuously update during debug?"

I considered it but wasn't sure that sending every variable 60 times per second would be good for the wireless network, or the IDE, and it could be hard to read the value if it is changing so much. I might experiment with it in the future.

Quote: "I don't have Windows Firewall active, or any firewall for that matter. I'm not sure why a firewall would cause a problem debugging on the local machine anyway?"

There aren't many methods to communicate between processes, and since mobile devices were going to use network connections to do it it made sense to use the same for the local player. I've attached a new AGKBroadcaster.exe file, place it in AGK/Tier 1/Compiler and let me know if it changes anything.

Quote: "Linux distribution help file is missing, the link refers to a non existing android page."

Fixed, thanks.

Quote: " It appears the IDE does not allow you to use a Package Name of > 50 characters"

I increased it to 100 characters but forgot to mention it in the change log.

Quote: "Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. The entitlements in your app bundle signature do not match the ones contained in the provisional profile."

Ah, it looks like including the push notification entitlement in the app requires it also be in the provisioning profile, I'll make it optional in the next update, for now you should be able to add push notifications to the profile without actually using them, but let me know what happens.

Quote: "the stop broadcast button does not work occasionally though."

Can you be more specific about what happens when it doesn't work, does the IDE continue the "broadcasting" progress bar in the bottom right? If you hold the top of the screen for 5 seconds on the broadcasted app and it returns to the receive page does it say "unconnected" or something else?

Quote: "My sprites no longer display in my scissor window area, just blank grey images in this area now"

Can you send me a small example of this?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ekureuil
Years of Service
User Offline
For me too the broadcast won't stop most of the time.

When it happens, the IDE display the progress bar on the bottom right, and whatever you do to the player, the player won't get the broadcast again: you have to restart the IDE to get it working again.

Also, I have a (new) nasty player bug: randomly, my app freezes and then the player crashes without any notice of what went wrong.

This never happened before, and this happened already 80% of the time after having updated to the new version.
unlikely
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 23:12
"At last
My love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song

Oh yeah yeah
At last

The skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clover
The night I looked at you"

- At Last - Etta James

Thanks Paul for your hard work. Looking forward to using this update.

Using AppGameKit v2 T1 + T2
Systems: Primary: Mac OS X 10.10
Secondary: Windows 7
shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
I too can say that the stop broadcast button does not work on my hudl 2, so I have to exit both and restart.

Hail to the king, baby!
http://davidjohnwheeler.blogspot.co.uk
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 01:28
Quote: "There aren't many methods to communicate between processes, and since mobile devices were going to use network connections to do it it made sense to use the same for the local player. I've attached a new AGKBroadcaster.exe file, place it in AGK/Tier 1/Compiler and let me know if it changes anything."

Will do but very busy over the weekend. Off to the festival of power with my boys and decorating, might be Tuesday before I get a chance, sorry!

Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 09:33 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2015 10:59
In some of its applications can not stop the broadcast on my android device.
In version 2.0.11 was all right

Paul,

Quote: "does the IDE continue the "broadcasting" progress bar in the bottom right?"

Yes, progress bar works.

Quote: " If you hold the top of the screen for 5 seconds on the broadcasted app and it returns to the receive page does it say "unconnected" or something else"

Yes - Player say unconnected and IDE continue the "broadcasting" progress bar OFF after press RUN button

tested on two computers - the same.

restart all network equipment and all the devices did not change anything.

AGK 2 !
Space Dream Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul: The new AGKBroadcaster.exe works better if it comes to quitting the app on my ANDROID device, but it is much much too slow in broadcasting!

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 13:27
Love the debugging! I thought I wouldn't be overly bothered because I have lots of debugging routines of my own, but this is another level altogether.

I have a couple of issues with it.

I can't view variables passed into the function, even if I declare their type
I can't view local variables, or variables that are not declared. I tried including a LOCAL declaration in the function. but it still doesn't show.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 16:43 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2015 16:44
Now I have goes debugging interface and I often need airing on the device, but it does not stop button works broadcast, as I return version 2.0.11 ?!
(Steam)

AGK 2 !
Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Now I have goes debugging interface and I often need airing on the device, but it does not stop button works broadcast, as I return version 2.0.11 (Steam)

AGK 2 !
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 16:51 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2015 16:52
Installation of the iOS .ipa file is failing for me this version. The app appears to be installing but the app icon on the iPhone springboard remains grey.

This from the log:

This line jumped out at me:
Quote: "Apr 3 15:44:26 Tonys-iPhone installd[13477] <Error>: entitlement 'beta-reports-active' has value not permitted by provisioning profile 'therapyquest_pp_01'"

So I regenerated the provisioning profile from scratch on the Apple portal, but it didn't help.

Twitter: @itanican
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PushdownGame
Space Dream Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 19:18 Edited at: 4th Apr 2015 20:01
Paul, another problem just came up with the latest built. I exported my app, out of the IDE (WINDOWS/Tier1) into an android *.apk. Worked fine. Installed it on the android device and launched the app without problems too. BUT as soon as I sent the app to the background and want to bring it back to the front again, after it, I'm getting a black screen. The preview is also black. It's only possible to close the app and to restart it. But I need to keep my app alive in the background and it's essential that it runs again after bringing it into the front again. Worked before without any problems with older versions of AGK.

MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 22:40
For me, everything is working well. Debugger and stop broadcasting.

Really Great Job Paul !

--------------
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 02:42
Downloading it...

AlistairS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 11:50
The Call Stack doesn't report that it is within a function if that function doesn't return a value.

Test it with the following code (where it doesn't report being in A() but it does report being in B()

Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
On both my Android test devices there seems to be a serious issue with the AppGameKit player and any APK files generated by AppGameKit 2.0.12.

If I launch the AppGameKit player, return to the Android home screen using the home button, then return to the AppGameKit player, all I see is a black screen! This is also the same for any apps generated by AppGameKit 2.0.12

This seems a pretty major issue, and makes AppGameKit 2.0.12 unusable. I have tried the player that comes with AppGameKit, and the one downloaded from the Play store, all behave the same.

Has anyone uploaded an app that they have created in 2.0.12?

Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
@Space Dream Studios Just seen your post and am having exactly the same issue.

shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks like I need to hold back the droidball release even longer! While waiting for the fixes though I can always improve the 3d editor!
Already started re-writing the 2d editor to be more powerful, just for something to do!
Good luck with the fixing though, I can only wait and hope!

Hail to the king, baby!
http://davidjohnwheeler.blogspot.co.uk
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 08:59
I think I've spotted a bug. If you compile and run a game in full screen mode there is an offset between the screen and the world. If you run a game in windowed mode the offset disappears.

Only tested on Window, but the offset was not there in r11.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 13:41:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 13:41:54