Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Version 2.0.13

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2015 07:49
I've uploaded version 2.0.13 to the downloads area with the following changes

Mostly a bug fix release, there are a couple of big changes on Android. The Android text input method now uses an Android edit box to receive text behind the scenes and then pass it on to AppGameKit, this should allow any third party input method, including speech, to be used to input text.

Also the Android interpreter now has limited support for expansion files, currently the expansion file can only contain video files which must be loaded like so LoadVideo("expansion:MyFile.mp4") with "expansion:" followed by your file name. Normally expansion files are downloaded at the same time as your app, but Google recommend adding some code to your app to download them directly from Google just in case, I've added an example of this to the expansion file commands in the help files. Note that for testing before publishing you will need this download code, a valid test account, an uploaded draft APK of your app, and a bit of luck, I've found testing expansion files to be a bit temperamental.
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2015 08:57 Edited at: 18th Apr 2015 09:48
Did you pull an all-nighter? Good job, downloading now.
<Edit> Got the grey icon on installing again, but went back and turned off Push Notifications in the AppID and generated the provisioning profile again. So now it works.

Twitter: @itanican
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PushdownGame
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2015 09:07
@ Paul,

Thank you for the update.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2015 09:42 Edited at: 18th Apr 2015 09:44
There are a lot of fixes there Paul, good work...

Although I'm afraid we now have an issue with Exporting Android APK's... It looks like you may you have forgot to remove the 'xxx' from the path for the new icons;

I'm guessing there is no workaround for this one?

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2015 09:48 Edited at: 18th Apr 2015 10:58
The horror!
After the automatic installation of the update stopped working my application!
Last night, turn off the computer version 2.0.12 it worked, today, after inclusion in version 2.0.13, it gives the screen of the app has generated errors!
How to disable the automatic update in the community Steam? !!
It is impossible !!!
|And just a debugger stopped working!

Restarting the computer does not help !!!
HELP !!!
[img][/img]

AGK 2 !
Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
How to return the version 2.0.11? !!!!! (Steam version)
I need to work!
I'm creating a unique socially significant product !!!

AGK 2 !
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2015 12:22
Thanks for the update. Will be testing on Monday.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2015 15:51
Quote: "Got the grey icon on installing again, but went back and turned off Push Notifications in the AppID and generated the provisioning profile again. So now it works."

I shall investigate

Quote: "Although I'm afraid we now have an issue with Exporting Android APK's... It looks like you may you have forgot to remove the 'xxx' from the path for the new icons;"

The path is correct but I forgot to add the destination folder to the Windows build, I'll upload a fixed 2.0.13 as soon as possible. Mac and Linux should work.

Quote: "After the automatic installation of the update stopped working my application!"

Can you send me the project so I can try and replicate the problem?

Quote: "How to return the version 2.0.11? !!!!! (Steam version)"

Right click on the App Game Kit 2 product and choose properties, then in the betas tab you can switch to an old version.
Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2015 16:42 Edited at: 18th Apr 2015 16:51
Thank you for posting 2.0.11 back up for us non Steam users. It is much appreciated

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2015 17:24
A fixed version of 2.0.13 for Windows has been uploaded and has replaced the old one
Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
Many thanks Paul to both you and Rick for all your hard work. So far, so good for 2.0.13, and I have just updated my Android app in the play store without any issues

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2015 19:11
Paul, excellent work, thanks! Exporting APK's is now working fine, and EditBoxes are very nearly there (more details in my other thread if you get a chance to take a look )...

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2015 19:47
Well done Paul for the updates, I didn't install last version so will just go straight to this and will be able to fix the Print screen not showing unless a reboot in my app cheers.

The Amiga and Amos were great!
Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2015 05:33
The MAC version nothing changed right?

lmr2013
Years of Service
User Offline
the AppGameKit player dont seem to work anymore (for me anyway), just tried 2.0.13 on my mac / ipad - it builds an ipa but when installing via itunes... it just says installing and the AppGameKit player icon appears on the ipad but is faded as if the installation has failed. You cant do nothing with it then - it dont run, you can only remove it. This happened on 2.0.12, so i've cleared off the old player (made in 2.0.12) and reinstalled the new player (made in 2.0.13) built this morning - it didn't work. so then i reset the ipad (a bit drastic but just in case some old stuff was corrupting things) - but still no joy. It just seems to freeze when installing.
lmr2013
Years of Service
User Offline
just tried to export an IPA (of my game) - same happening as the player, it builds ok, but when you install on the ipad (via itunes) the icon on the ipad is faded as if the installation has failed. if you tap the icon on the ipad it says "installing..." and it stays like that. Itunes also says "installing..." - its as if the installation isnt completing.
Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2015 12:47 Edited at: 19th Apr 2015 12:50
Paul, Thanks for the tip on installing a previous version !!!

After trying to roll back to version 2.0.12 and 2.0.13 versions reinstall my app working again.
But still in the debugger does not work SetScissor - performs with fallacious arguments, although the values of variables, arguments, asked him a position in the debugger shows true.

And still SetEditBox not accept extended characters when switching to the Russian language.

Can this do anything?

AGK 2 !
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2015 13:22
As mentioned above, I confirm that SetScissor reports an error in the debugger no matter what parameters you provide it.

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 &amp; 2
Space Dream Studios
Competition Prize Winner 2014
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Paul, great work! Runs stable here so far!

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2015 17:23
Quote: "The MAC version nothing changed right?"

It got the new tween commands and fixes, but other than that I don't think so.

Quote: "just tried 2.0.13 on my mac / ipad - it builds an ipa but when installing via itunes... it just says installing and the AppGameKit player icon appears on the ipad but is faded as if the installation has failed"

Just tested with fresh provisioning profiles with and without push notifications, both installed on an iPad 3 through iTunes. Try recreating your provisioning profile.

Quote: "I confirm that SetScissor reports an error in the debugger no matter what parameters you provide it."

That is just a left over from when I was debugging the command, it is not actually an error, it's just outputting the values so I could check them, I shall remove it for the next version.

Quote: "And still SetEditBox not accept extended characters when switching to the Russian language."

Unfortunately until we can find a way of supporting/displaying UTF8 in AppGameKit this will not be possible.
lmr2013
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Just tested with fresh provisioning profiles with and without push notifications, both installed on an iPad 3 through iTunes. Try recreating your provisioning profile.
"

thanks for the response paul,

just recreated my provisioning profiles, still no joy, when installing (via itunes) the installation seems to stop just before completing -, the icon is faded and the player just says "installing..." when you tap it. the last player that worked for me was version 2.0.11.
lmr2013
Years of Service
User Offline
just to be sure, i've just downloaded the repost of 2.0.11, and built an AppGameKit player - it's gone straight onto my ipad (via itunes) no problem.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2015 21:56
Can you email me the provisioning profile you are trying to use? I want to see if it is using a different format
Henry2
Years of Service
User Offline
I am having the same issue unfortunately.
lmr2013
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks paul

i've just emailed you the profile i created earlier today
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2015 16:55
For anyone having the same problem, are you using development provisioning profiles? Have you tried an AdHoc distribution profile?
lmr2013
Years of Service
User Offline
whhheeyyy!! it's back on - cheers Paul. Nice one.

using a Adhoc profile worked a treat, the AppGameKit player is now working on my ipad. It went on now problem at all.

Im not too familiar with the Apple setup and what the different types of profiles do..? - but i will stick with the AdHoc one now.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2015 01:41
Good to hear. I shall add a check for development profiles to the export process. As to what each profile is used for:

Development profile - Allows installation of the app on a device and accepts connections from XCode for debugging. Cannot be submitted to iTunes Connect.
AdHoc profile - Allows installation of the app on a device but does not allow debugging. Cannot be submitted to iTunes Connect.
Store profile - Cannot be installed on a device but does allow the app to be submitted to iTunes Connect.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2015 02:13 Edited at: 21st Apr 2015 02:15
Well first time in a bit today could actually do something with AppGameKit, I missed the .12 update so installed the .13 version.
Managed to fix my app re the Print Screen not showing in gallery on Android and everything working well so far other than Kaspersky showing a false positive for a trogan when pressing help to check the version number of AppGameKit and then pressing close and also randomly when running the app in AGK.
I told Kaspersky to ignore AppGameKit and its folder and all well, so that was a bit strange but have heard of this before.

Anyway well done Paul with the updates.

Cheers.

Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
noname34
Years of Service
User Offline
Updated to version 2.0.13
I realized that the functions for Tween are more stable, but have not had luck with the following functions.

GetImageFolder int () {
idretorno int = 0;
if (AGK :: ShowChooseImageScreen () == 1) {
the {AGK :: Sync (); } while (AGK :: IsChoosingImage () == 1);
:: = idretorno AppGameKit GetChosenImage ();
}
return idretorno;
}

GetCameraImage int () {
idretorno int = 0;
if (AGK :: GetCameraExists () == 1) {
if (AGK :: ShowImageCaptureScreen () == 1) {
the {AGK :: Sync (); } while (AGK :: IsCapturingImage () == 1);
:: = idretorno AppGameKit GetCapturedImage ();
}
}
return idretorno;
}

Can anyone help me. I tested on Linux, Windows and Mac. I tested several virtual machines, mobile phones and android tablet. It still fails.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2015 18:06
Unfortunately you can't use a sync loop in tier 2, you must check your condition and then return from the App::Loop() function to let Windows handle its messages if you want to wait.
noname34
Years of Service
User Offline
The function is running in the loop, as follows:

Loop :: app void (void) {

if (AGK :: GetVirtualButtonReleased (menu_bt03)) {
if (som_ativado) {
AGK :: PlaySound (touch);
}
             imagemcapturada GetCameraImage = int ();
             // int imagemcapturada GetImageFolder = ();
             // int imagemcapturada GetEncodedImage = ();
                  if (imagemcapturada == 0) {
                     imagemcapturada = img_bt02up;
                  }
                  if (AGK :: GetSpriteExists (999999) == 0) {
                      :: CreateSprite AppGameKit (999,999.0);
                  }
                  AppGameKit :: SetSpriteImage (999999, imagemcapturada);
                  AppGameKit :: SetSpriteSize (999999, -1, -1);
                  :: SetSpritePosition AppGameKit (999999,20,300);
                  :: SetSpriteVisible AppGameKit (999,999.1);
                  :: SetSpriteDepth AppGameKit (999,999.1);

}
     AppGameKit :: sync ();

}
noname34
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you. I followed his advice and did as below and it worked.

if ((AGK :: IsCapturingImage () == 1)) {

} else {
if (capturandoimagem == 1) {
int imagemcapturada GetCapturedImage :: = AppGameKit ();
if (imagemcapturada == 0) {
}
if (AGK :: GetSpriteExists (999999) == 0) {
:: CreateSprite AppGameKit (999,999.0);
}
AGK :: SetSpriteImage (999999, imagemcapturada);
AGK :: SetSpriteSize (999999, -1, -1);
:: SetSpritePosition AppGameKit (999999,20,300);
:: SetSpriteVisible AppGameKit (999,999.1);
:: SetSpriteDepth AppGameKit (999,999.1);
capturandoimagem = 0;
}

}
noname34
Years of Service
User Offline
Please correct.

if((agk::IsCapturingImage() == 1)){

}else{
if(capturandoimagem==1){
int imagemcapturada = agk::GetCapturedImage();
if(imagemcapturada==0){
}
if(agk::GetSpriteExists(999999)==0){
agk::CreateSprite(999999,0);
}
agk::SetSpriteImage(999999,imagemcapturada);
agk::SetSpriteSize(999999,-1,-1);
agk::SetSpritePosition(999999,20,300);
agk::SetSpriteVisible(999999,1);
agk::SetSpriteDepth(999999,1);
capturandoimagem=0;
}

}
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 16:06

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 19:19
Ehi Paul, what you think if i start to do (with calm) AppGameKit for iOS?
A best version of my GG Basic but with the AppGameKit functions directly?

Now i'm more good with ObjC so i think i can cover the 80% (not 3D) of the functions.
In this way we can permit users to develop directly on the iPAD / iPhone and use a similar way i used to store their code, on my server, in only read/run or R/W mode.
Just like we done on commodore 64 with "press play on tape"

I think in this way AppGameKit will boom much more, and of course i will add a iAD advertising in the app (buying the complete version you access to all features and remove iad)...

I have some ideas, what you think about it?

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 22:18 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2015 22:19
Quote: "Quote: "Although I'm afraid we now have an issue with Exporting Android APK's... It looks like you may you have forgot to remove the 'xxx' from the path for the new icons;"

The path is correct but I forgot to add the destination folder to the Windows build, I'll upload a fixed 2.0.13 as soon as possible. Mac and Linux should work."

This was previously reported and fixed, however it still does this bug when creating Amazon APK. Not sure about Ouya.

Looks like you only remembered to put this in the Google APK output.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ekkr
Years of Service
User Offline
Also thanx for the update and your hard work.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 23:29 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2015 02:11
Quote: "what you think if i start to do (with calm) AppGameKit for iOS?"

Technically that would be against the terms of use of AppGameKit, by releasing an engine with similar functionality as AppGameKit without a user needing to buy AppGameKit first, so you will need to talk to Rick to work out a business deal if you want to do that.

Quote: "This was previously reported and fixed, however it still does this bug when creating Amazon APK. Not sure about Ouya."

Fixed for the next version. You can work around this by browsing to the "AGK\Tier 1\Editor\data\android\sourceGoogle\res" folder and copying the drawable-xxhdpi and drawable-xxxhdpi folders to the sourceAmazon and sourceOuya folders.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2015 00:10
Cheers Paul, will try the work around tomorrow for the Amazon version but very pleased with the update, all I need now is the native FloodFill command for next update and 110% product lol

Keep up the good work You deserve a medal with all our moaning!

Space Dream Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Has anyone managed to receive push messages, on ANDROID, with the latest build?
I exported my app as an android apk, including push rights, without any problem.
Loaded it up to the play store as an update for an already existing app which worked with push before. But now it's not receiving any push messages anymore...
Paul, any issues know regarding push messaging on android? Could you please try out push messages on android please with the latest build. Thanks a lot!

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2015 01:35
Thx Paul i will contact Rick.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2015 05:24
Quote: "You can work around this by browsing to the "AGK\Tier 1\Editor\data\android\sourceGoogle\res" folder and copying the drawable-xxhdpi and drawable-xxxhdpi folders to the sourceAmazon and sourceOuya folders."

Cheers Paul this worked a treat

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2015 08:35
Hi Paul, i found an error in iOS/MAC i think.
agk::appGetResumed() is never called.

I tried to use the NSLOG and in the core.m the delegate is fired, but agk::Resume() doesn't work

Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2015 10:15 Edited at: 27th Apr 2015 11:42
Having a problem on iOS 8.2, iPad Air 2.
- Sometimes* the app crashes after displaying a full-screen ad.
- Sometimes* the ad can't be closed by tapping the 'X' in the corner. A few times I had to wait for the video to finish playing first, a few times it only closed when I tapped the 'X' multiple times.

*seems to be ad-dependent.
Neither of these problems occur on iOS 7.1.1, iPad 2

[Edit] Looks like ads aren't unpausing the renderer after finishing; I can hear the game running and reacting (player death sound on colliding with enemies) in the background but the screen remains blank.

Here\'s what the log says:

Crash on iPad Air 2:

Twitter: @itanican
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PushdownGame
Space Dream Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2015 17:41 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2015 17:43
Beside the ANDROID notification problem, I found another bug on ANDROID. If you have two editboxes and you enter text into the first editbox, keyboard opens perfect. BUT after selecting the second editbox for text entry let the keyboard disappear! Have customers already complaining about that... By the way the cursor is blinking strange...
Hope you can fix that soon too...

ingmartin
Years of Service
User Offline
I bought agk 2 on Shinyloot, is it going to be updated there to? I can not broadcast my game to an android phone, to old version on the pc, v. 2.0.11 on Shinyloot.
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2015 21:44
Any idea if AppGameKit can detect the orientation of windows flippable laptops? i.e 2-in-1s?

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2015 14:43
@Ched80 - Going for the Level Up compo eh??

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2015 14:53
@CJB - sure am it seems detection of the clam shell orientation is a key scorng parameter.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:26:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:26:09