Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / trouble with admob and facebook in tier 2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im having trouble getting ads to show up in my tier 2 (c++) game.
I got chartboost to work, but no luck with adMob. nothing shows up. also I cant post to my wall with facebook, the app freezes after login, when i call postToMyWall(). I believe i have the accounts set up properly, i got the ID from each one and my beta app is already published in google play.

anyone got any of these to work ?

thanks in advance
Waldemar Lima
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2015 19:21
i have same problem in tier 1 , i think what is because you dont have google play services installed in SDK manage ... i donk know if have what config and import to your project libs ...

PrintC("Hello EveryOne !&quot
lumni
Years of Service
User Offline
I do have google play services installed.

I managed to make facebook work. The problem was I was trying to call login and postOnMyWall the way all the examples around in the community recommends, but i dont think it works for tier 2. i dont think you can busy wait for login to return 1 and then call postOnMyWall, the moment i created a button to call login and another to post it worked, given i log in before i post obviously.

But I'm still struggling with admob. I retried it today with 2.0.14 and it still doesnt show anything. i have both kind of ads set up in admob (banners and interstitials) and i call CreateFullscreenAdvert() and CreateAdvert() with both types, with different parameters, with setVisible(1), and nothing.
I did notice though, that the area where the banner created by CreateAdvert was supposed to appear in becomes insensitive to touch, as if something invisible was blocking the touch event to be delivered in that area.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 17:12:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 17:12:44