Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / Dead City (An Amateur Game. I'm New To Fps Creator!)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2015 21:56 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2015 14:33
Hi Guys! I just wanna say that I am new to FPSC and this is my first ever game!

You can download it from here!:
[href=http://www.2shared.com/file/09vHKeBi/dead_city.html
]http://www.2shared.com/file/09vHKeBi/dead_city.html
[/href]

Story:
It begins on 1998. There was a lovely city called Little Hay City. The life here was amazing. Everyone was happy until, Germans came and almost destroyed the entire city. All of people from Little Hay City was dead. except one man called Martin. Martin Bucket was 22 years old and wanted his independence. So he fought for his independence. the adventure for Martin started here. And you will find out what's going to happen next!

Note:
The third level is a bonus level. it basically is a monster apocalypse.
So it's best to save a lot of health.

and you might get stuck at some points so it's reccomended to save when you start a level.

oh and btw there's some secret weapons and healths hidden on 2 different levels. write if you found all of them! or at least one of them!

this took me 2 days but not total of 48 hours. it was something like 10 or 11 hours. Hope you enjoy!

Controls

W forward
S backward
A left
D right
Space jump
Shift run
Ctrl. Crawl
Left and right arrow. Lean left/right
E Use

Screenshots:

+Note:
Didn't mean to make angry or offense any of the German people.

[FPSC X9]

I'm new to FPS Creator... yay!
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2015 11:54
Avast goes crazy and says there is an infected file in the archive. I'm not sure if it's a false positive, but you might want to check it out.

I've removed the download link for now.
Kaan
Years of Service
User Offline
i checked like everything. plus i have 2 different anti viruses.
Windows Defender and Nod32 and those didn't say anything. I scanned the rar 2 times with nod32 after seeing this comment. i'm not bullcraping the file is clean for me.

I turned windows defender on and off it still said i don't have any infected files in my computer.

btw i don't think it matters but i am using windows 10 right now.

I'm new to FPS Creator... yay!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2015 18:44
Additionally; you need to lay out your initial post in your thread in accordance with the guidelines found here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=143014&b=35

-Keith
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 15:17
I put the link back up, i still can't run the game because avast goes loopy. Maybe others will have more luck
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 29th Apr 2015 21:54 Edited at: 29th Apr 2015 23:15
A few observations...

First, when I read "Dead City", I thought you were referring to the forum.

I think it's a shame that people make sites with multiple fake download links. It took 3 tries to find the real download link for your game and not one that was either an ad or a download for a program they want you to install that downloads for you.

And , I found no malicious code in the download.

Now, on to the game.

It's a good start. You have a jump on many who never put anything together. At the moment, it looks like a lot of randomly placed, random stuff. Kind of like playing that game... "Which of these things doesn't belong?". In time you'll learn to add realism by using items that fit well together (what you might find in a real environment) and placing things in a more realistic way. For instance...

Fires need fuel. Put something that burns in your fires.
Fences normally fence things in.
Don't mix a wood shack with a sci-fi wall and an overhead garage door. I want to shoot your interior decorator.
Try not to use the same item too many times, like the bus.
Give your AI some cover or purpose, not standing in the open.

It takes time to learn and develop your own style. You'll want to start creating your own content at some point to make everything come together the way you want it.

It would help to give the player some kind of purpose or mission in the game. I was just running around shooting scores of AI. I don't know why they were there or what they were doing. I don't know what I was doing. Don't get me wrong, a random, meaningless killing spree after a hard day of work is great, but to do it right I'd really like a tactical shotgun.

Keep working at it.
Brian.

I'm sorry. My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
All Downloads are now HERE
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2015 05:11
Just what the man said (xplosys). And as a vote of advice, always try to cover the boundaries to give the packed feeling. Use heights for largeness. And use lighter colour of darker shades for the lights.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:14:01
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:14:01