Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Old version or new version of V2013?

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 21:56
I'm having some issues with v2013 - broadcast not stopping, screen resolution / orientation issues etc. I thought I downloaded v2013 after the last-minute fixes went in, but now I'm beginning think maybe I got the original version of 2013.

Is there any way to tell? Should I just re-download and install it again?

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 23:42
If in doubt uninstall and reinstall, I've not experienced any of those issues since the 2.0.13 fixes.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2015 01:54
Thanks for the quick response Paul!

But still no joy

* Uninstalled AGK2 via control panel
* re-downloaded v2013
* Uninstalled the player from my device
* reinstalled AGK2 2013 (to a new folder)
* Set the build path to the correct folder (now C:\AGK\V2013\Tier 1\Compiler in this case)
* copied the player from C:\AGK\V2013\Players\Android to my device and re-installed
* tested using the attached project and still getting the same problem with screen being distorted if the device is held portrait but app is landscape (works fine if you start the app holding the phone sideways).

I'm now wondering if that is the old version of the Player that is bundled with the latest build. Any advice on how to export just the player from the IDE? Or will I need to compile it up with Eclipse?

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2015 05:28
You are not setting your virtual resolution, use SetVirtualResolution(800,400) near the beginning of your code. When using 3D you might also want to use SetScissor(0,0,0,0) to render to the full screen outside of your chosen resolution
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2015 09:15 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2015 09:17
You are a STAR! Setting the virtual res solved the problem.

Curiously it also solved the problem when setting the virtual res to 100,100 (which I thought was default), but I'm glad it's working!

Thanks for the hint on using SetScissor. That code is almost the raw code exported from FPSC2AGK so I expect there will be a few niggles to iron out.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the virtual joystick to be a bit more progressive! Is there an 'analogue' mode for them? This one is a bit 'on or off' with the controls.

[edit] - just found the "SetJoystickDeadZone" command... I love this AppGameKit!

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 21:42:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 21:42:58