Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Multiplayer example connection problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I'am learning AGK2 through the examples in the Documentation on the Website; Not problem at all except in the Getting Started Multiplayer example; I create the executable and run it in two Windows 7 machines connected via cable, but can't get the client connected to the host, firewalls are off, Antivirus off and I know that each machine can see the other one; Can anyone confirm me that the AGK2 network code is running Ok in Windows Machines? (This to determine that the problem must be some configuration in my machines).

Thx in Adv.

TransDiv
TransDiv
Years of Service
User Offline
I realize that when I used the direct connection :

it works Ok (I also need to change the port because it is in use in my PC). The problem must be something is blocking the AppGameKit broadcasting.

I'am a little confused because I have turned off the firewalls and the antivirus. Searching the forum it looks that AppGameKit broadcasting uses port 45631; But if i turn off the firewalls, are not all the ports open?
will need to investigate a little more on this.

TransDiv
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2015 10:35
While the program is running, open a command window and type:

netstat -a

You should see 45631 in the list, if it is open.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Y0shondue
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 23rd May 2015 09:39
Hello, TransDiv, where do you put that code of text in the files for a multiplayer fpsc game?

I am developing a huge game, taking time, making a story, adding cutscenes, adding names, custom stuff that is not from the engine, modifying sounds... and using high quality. The game is called, "Violent Terror". I will submit it to a this showcase forum (MAYBE) when it's development and beta testing is finished. Or mainly, i will show it on youtube to bring youtube viewers to the webpage.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:50:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:50:43