Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Bug Reports / Does this software work with Win 8.1 ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just purchased and see in the manual they recommend xp pro. When I did a simple test of placing a science lab then placing a viking warrior inside it. I then tested it and the viking was ghosted white and could only see his upper body, the lower part went through the floor??? Any suggestions?

Life is a game, enjoy it!
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2015 21:30
Happycatman
Hi, first, by chance what version are you using? Did you download it, or install off the disk? If your running plain V1.0 then
upgrade to a newer version here....http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2001&page=Files Each version has it's own small improvements. There's also
an "Unofficial beta V1.20" on the forums (most likely the last).
As far as the
Quote: "they recommend xp pro"
it runs fine
on windows 7,8 & 8.1. Some users of win8 have to give the program
"admin rights" to run properly, that's all.
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2015 18:41 Edited at: 28th Jun 2015 18:42
As ncmako pointed out, v1.0 will not run correctly on XP, Win 7, or Win 8/8.1. You will need to upgrade to a more current version. I would recommend version 1.17 and up, as v1.16 and lower had an issue where you could not build past 5 levels without the build process crashing. That issue was addressed in v1.17 and up.

I use v1.17 myself and run it on Win 7 (32 bit and 64 bit) and Win 8. I do not install it in the default section and only Vista required me to "run as Administrator". But every system is different and you may need to "run as Administrator" depending on your setup.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 20:04:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 20:04:46