Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [released] Invaders of the 29th Dimension - - - on google play and indieDB

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2015 20:57 Edited at: 13th May 2015 22:56
INVADERS OF THE 29TH DIMENSION

Download from Google Play

Download for Windows from indeiDB

Stop the invasion of the 29th dimension whilst dodging all the laser bullets, plasma mines and death rays in this top down 2D shooter.

Features:
- 25 levels
- 12 enemy types
- 1 life
- Automatic game save when a level is completed
- Unlock levels so you don't have to start at the beginning every time
- Local highscore

The working title for this was [href=project space]http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=213593&b=48[/href]. I didn't end up adding all the features I originally intended, there are no power ups. But I did add a proper scoring system, high score table and an automatic save after the player successfully completes a level.

This is the first game I've put on Google Play and have to say it was a lot easier than I imagined so if anyone out there is a little hesitant: don't be, just do it.

Invaders of the 29th Dimension - available now on Google Play
Find me on indieDB
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2015 20:16 Edited at: 13th May 2015 20:20
Loving the feeling of impending DOOM from the music and pace of the game! Inspiring move towards the dark side of the arcade. I feel like if I found this game in a dark shady corner somewhere I'd be sucked into another world for a while...

Keep it up!!!

EDIT: Just a suggestion but maybe the gfx could reflect the dark feel of the game a little more. I'd be happy to help as it's not often I see a game that really inspires my artistic side like this one. Maybe we could add some Spine animation to the ships?

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2015 23:09
Thanks, I guess. Believe it or not I wasn't going for "impending DOOM" but I see where you're coming from, especially having just having played Fog's 1982. No, what you're seeing here is lack of talent.

Anyway, glad it's inspired your artistic side. What kind of animations where you thinking of?

I've also fixed the links in the original post. This has been a bad couple of weeks. I even bungled uploading it on to IndieDB. But I'm there now. I swear 90% of making a game is not giving up when it all goes wrong.

Find me on indieDB
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2015 23:16
Quote: "I swear 90% of making a game is not giving up when it all goes wrong."

Very true because if you haven't the motivation it will never be completed. Great work by the way. I am looking forward to doing something different than drawing pictures all the time. That 90% not giving up is nearly at breaking point with me lol.

Quote: "Loving the feeling of impending DOOM from the music and pace of the game!"

Quote: "Believe it or not I wasn't going for "impending DOOM""

Well the sound effects are great and really give it some atmosphere that impending DOOM

The Amiga and Amos were great!
Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2015 23:45
Thanks for the comments. I think from now on, if anyone asks I'll just say "why, yes, impending doom was exactly what I was going for".

Sound effects are generally the last thing I do, so the game is silent for about 90% of the development time and I never have an idea of what I want the game to sound like. In this instance, I just wanted to give the player some audible cues to let them know something was happening, like enemies spawning in. It's also quite difficult making sound effects in Costa Coffee when there are screaming kids about (true story).

Quote: "I am looking forward to doing something different than drawing pictures all the time."

That's the other one, when a project turns into a grind and you got to just grit your teeth and get on with it. Stay strong.

Find me on indieDB

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:32:13
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:32:13