Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / CharacterFX asin: DOMAIN error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2015 02:56
Hello.

I'm doing the animations for my project in CharacterFX. I finished, but when I try to export I get two windowed errors saying "asin: DOMAIN error" and "atan2OMAIN error"

I've never run into these errors before in past projects and have no idea what they even mean. I've spent a lot of time on these animations, and I would hate to lose the data. Any answer would be great.

Thanks much.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2015 19:58
I think I've seen this before, but sorry I don't remember why other than it might have been a high poly model, maybe from MakeHuman or something.
I'm thinking it might be corrupt data, so maybe worth just deleting the mesh and re-importing it, re-assigning it to the bones, and at least you'll still have the animation data.
Another thing is to try deleting some keyframes - ones you can easily reproduce, try and 'nudge' the data to avoid a potential memory leak or overflow.

I think that maybe your in the same boat as me though, should really be using something a bit better than CharFX - as much as I like it and appreciate how easy it is to use, I think I'm gonna try and figure out Fragmotion and look at the other options. For me the worst thing is assigning verts to bones on high poly models - it's good to have such exacting control when you need it, but CharFX is clearly not designed for high vertex counts, it gets so tedious and there are better ways.

Southside Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2015 00:54 Edited at: 20th May 2015 00:56
awww man that's not what I wanted to hear.

I don't think it has to do with polys. I removed the key frames in a copy, then exported a mock animation and it worked fine. Which means.. It's my keyframes. I have about 200 frames, resting them all until I remove the corrupt frames would take longer than just redoing it. and reloading the mesh did nothing. I think what happened is I hid the joints at times to preview the animation to see what it would look like in game. It gave an error message at those points. But no ill side effects(at the time)after clicking ok. of course I would do this to myself...

I looked into that Fragmotion. it has a seven day trial, So I'll try that. Still burns my waffles though. I put a lot of time into my animations. And now I can't get them... I'm also not exited about learning the new interface. It won't be hard. I'm just a don't fix what ant broken kind of guy. So I'm a little bitter about getting a new interface. ah well though. Thanks for the reply
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 01:33
I use fragmotion alot to rig and animate. A bit easier to use than milkshape 3d because you can select verts in the 3d view. that doesn't sound like much but it makes rigging go faster.

I have some fragmo tutorials on my website for download.... they are on joe's page. scroll down to you see them. Right click to save to your computer.

http://www.chaosbrosfilms.com

i hope they help.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
Southside Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2015 07:24
Thanks seppgirty. I will use them for future projects for sure.

I wanted to export my animation so I could rip them for sprites. I tried to manually cut them using Fraps by recording and then cutting out the frames. however I can never get the preview to look the same. meaning new additions are always off. I would already be using Frag. But I don't really have the time to learn a new program and reanimate. (sigh)
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2015 02:16
That sucks that you would have to reanimate.

Fragmotion actually has a sprite render so you can turn your 3d models into sprites.

You might have to bite the bullet and reanimate.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
Southside Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2015 02:40
heh yah I'm expecting too. But I'm going to wait a little. as of now it's a sucky position, But I do have it kind of working. So I'm going to see if I can limp it out first.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:53:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:53:37