Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Spriter Pro bone file bugs in AGK2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

First of all, I am happy that I can use spriter pro for AGK2.

There are some bugs in the ".scon" file, so it take me a lot of time to get things going right.

Here they are:

1. AGK2 crashes (the .exe) when i use a SPRITER PRO boned animation, that is not animated jet (just only set keyframe 0). I did this to clone the bones to new animations so that ik re-use the figure. When I delete this not-animating-animation (from the spriter animation list), it works fine in AGK2. It also crashes when the non animated animation stands in the list with animating animations.

2. AGK2 can't use the same image again. I had a "figure" with 1 leg and 1 arm instead of 2. The other were missing in AGK2. They are visible in Spriter pro. So I had to make the left AND right body parts.

3. AGK2 doesn't accept flipped images (use the -1 x-scale, explained in the spriter tutorial to flip). These body parts are invissible (yes, I made two hands in png).

4. AGK2 doesn't animate moving body parts, only bones. I made a head looking left and right. When I move the bones of the head (eyes, mouth), in Spriter Pro, AGK2 moves the eyes etc. But when I move the nose (as a sprite) when the bone doens't move, the face moves fine in Spriter Pro but it doens't move in AGK2.

Before I have to invent the wheel again, what DOES and what DOESN'T work when importing an spriter pro file? I don't have the time to experiment and figure this all out.

Example, can I use a "box" or "point" instead of the "bones" in AKG2, made in Spriter Pro? Or does this not work?

Greetings!
Jo Bach
Years of Service
User Offline
Here i have uploaded my animated gif straight form spriter pro for example how the figure looks.

I almost got it done in AGK2, only now I have to remake the hand, reload it in spriter pro etc etc... but, now I have to go to bed....

lol

Attachments

Login to view attachments
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2015 15:22
You are treading new ground using the spriter-pro command set so your input will be invaluable to Paul. Just make sure he is aware of any bugs you find (as you are doing here) and he'll squish 'em

Your "angry Einstein" looks cool!

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
Jo Bach
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your reaction.

Who is Paul, how can I reach him about this information?

Another question, how to put the animated gif in this forum, like you did? I can only use http links to an image...

I also added my robot walk, made with Sprite pro. (he is seeking for Paul... *bliep*, LOL)

Greetings.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2015 04:45
Paul is the developer of AGK. He comes by here often and will pick up your bug report.

You can insert your images using the image tags. i.e.:

becomes:

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
POUTROR
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I was trying to animate my platformer character and discovered things.

First, thanks Jo BAch for pointing out that you need one different image file per bone. It saved my computer screen from having a mouse thrown at it.

The one interesting thing I found about is that AppGameKit doesn't handle layer order change. Example : when my character is running left, his right leg is under his body (layer-wise speaking), but when he's jumping he's facing the camera so his right leg has to be above the body. If the layer order changes, then AppGameKit messes it up and you find yourself with invisible legs. My guess is this problem is linked to the "don't use the same file twice" : dealing with layers AppGameKit is probably creating a new instance of the same image.

The SetSkeleton2DFlip function works fine if you respect that layer thing.

So, you have to check all layers are in the same order for all keyframes, or create another instance of the same image if you want to change its layer position. (this has not been tested, I am still on it)
POUTROR
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the double post but I am new on the forum and I currently don't have the time to wait for my other post to be validated so I can edit it...

I just tried the solution I talked about earlier. It doesn't work. All the animations in a same Spriter project must have all the same sprites layered in the same manner. A workaround to this would be to create a different spriter project for each animation that doesn't use the same sprites.

Developer... Sisyphus... What's the difference ?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2015 21:24
Thanks for sharing this information

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 07:08:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 07:08:34