Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / 3D Development With AGK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2015 03:11
Am a bit new to this AppGameKit lark after buying the Humble Bundle and giving it a quick go, I'm VERY impressed with how easy it is to create a 2D shooter.

Now I haven't done any programming for YEARS but I do remember that doing anything in 3D using c or c++ involves a shedload of scary mathematics lol.

Is it going to be straightforward enough to do with similar developer-friendly commands that 2D apps and games have available..? Or am I going to have to brush up on my indices, transformations etc..?

And is there an easy to understand tutorial for 3D stuff that can be done at the moment..?

Many thanks for any help!

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2015 12:11
Hi Snowdog.

AGK's 3D is undergoing some very exciting development right now (see development thread here). The existing 3D commands work, but are quite limited in terms of functionality. Take a look at the included 3D-FirstPersonExample.agk project for some example code (under projects/3D).

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2015 15:15
Cool, thanks for that. Will keep my eye on that thread. Cheers!

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Uncle Martin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2015 07:13
Snowdog,

I recently posted a 3D Sample/Tutorial in Basic & C++ called Planets. I think you will find it useful as it uses some of the important 3D commands & does a little 3D x/y/z math. Below is the link to the Basic (Tier 1) version post. The C++ version code is very similar, but a bit harder to set up the environment. Enjoy.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=215020&b=41

Code every line like it might be your last...
Someday it will be.
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2015 18:28
Brilliant, thanks for that, I'll check it out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 03:01:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 03:01:40