Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Dark Occlusion Issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2015 02:57 Edited at: 25th Jul 2015 06:55
I just recently bought the Dark Occlusion plugin. The include files fail to include in my project every time! It installed, and the DLL is in the DBPro plugins folder, and the INI is in the DBPro keywords folder. I also copied the msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll, and they are in system32 in the Windows folder. I also have martix1utils installed correctly. I know this because many of my programs uses matrix1.

So, I figured if the DLLs and INIs were in the right places, I only needed to use the commands. I try to start Dark Occlusion with OC_Init(), and sure enough, the ini allows DBPro to detect it's syntax correctly. In fact, DBPro detects the syntax of ALL Dark Occlusion commands, and highlights them in blue as if everything is all right. Yet, when I try and run my program, it says it does not understand the Dark Occlusion commands!

If DBPro can detect the keyword syntax from the INI file, how can it not understand the commands from the DLL???

Thank you in advance for your help.

EDIT: Ok. I got the includes working. I copied the Dark Occlusion includes to my directory, included it in my project, but forgot to tell the Dark Occlusion include where to find IT'S includes! Lol. But, whatever... My question as to why the DLL method STILL doesn't work remains open! But, at least until my question gets answered, I can begin testing Dark Occlusion.

Formerly: Amo Deus Man
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 25th Jul 2015 12:18 Edited at: 25th Jul 2015 12:22
Quote: "msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll,"

Keep those in the app folder... ship them if you have to...

EDIT

[IGNORE THIS LOL]You need to copy the files from the bin folder in DOcc's folders...
You should have seen PHYSX_Cooked.dll missing errors or something like that...[/INGORE THIS LOL]

No idea... just had breakfast... need to wake up

Can you state the actual error? maybe a screenshot... or even your code... so I can replicate it here... be sure to run the example code... found here:

\Help\DarkOcclusionDLL\Examples

Non Sequitur M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2015 17:39
See, the problem isn't the code itself. Even the OC_Init code fails to compile when the program is run! As I said, the syntax is found by DBPro, but the code of the DLL for HOW the commands are handled is not! If I use include files, the commands STILL show their syntax, even though it is included with #include! The problem seems to lie with the DLL. I have tried putting it in both user and licensed plugins. Neither worked. No matter which folder, when you try to compile the code with the DLL commands instead of the include commands, it says:

I don't think anyone could replicate the error if there is no problem with their DLL. The first command in my program is OC_Init, and it does not understand it, and flags it on compile!

This is so frustrating. On a side note, I'm guessing the DLL compiles faster than the include. Am I right?

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2015 18:49
26/04/2013 00:58 39KB

This is the data on my DLL, it is located by default in Plugins-User [Weird]... can you check yours?

Where have you installed DBPro? perhaps try running it with Admin privileges...?

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2015 23:46
syntax highlighting doesn't really mean much, you can make anything highlight by just putting an ini file in the keywords folder it isn't really linked to a dll or actual command.

does the plugin need to be registered or activated? have you done so?

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2015 00:07
DOcc does not carry a registration code, probably why it was placed into user plugins...

Non Sequitur M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2015 06:04 Edited at: 29th Jul 2015 06:28
@MrValentine: Hmm... My DLL says 4/25/2013 ‏‎7:58:18 PM @39KB. It's the one I got when I purchased the dang thing. I don't understand how the official DLL doesn't work.

EDIT: BTW, my DBPro is all up to date. U7.7, blah, blah, etc. I wish someone had a solution to my situation! I've searched all over the forums for someone with my problem, but no luck!

EDIT 2: Ok. I uninstalled and reinstalled DO, and now the keywords aren't even being built in the editor! The syntax isn't there even though the INI is in the keywords folder! I tried to use the versions of the DLL and INI that come with the demo, as they match the one that MrValentine uses. Nothing! My only choice is to wait to see if someone can solve this. I've tried everything...

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2015 06:49
Install U7.62 from the DBPro store page left panel...

-Are you on Windows 7 or 8+?

-Where did you install DBPro?

Non Sequitur M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2015 08:07 Edited at: 29th Jul 2015 08:13
1. I'm doing that now.

2. No, Windows Vista. I'm running it in SP2 mode as admin. Should that matter? Is DBPro unstable on 7,8,10?

3. In the default folder that it asked me to. Which on my comp is program files(x86), and it's in the TGC folder.

EDIT: No can do. The update did nothing. It still says it can't understand the commands! Only if I use the include.

Okay, is there any difference between the compile times and frame rate between the DLL method and the include method? If not, I'm just going to go with the include method...

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2015 09:14
Wah... Vista...

Anyway... Install DBPro somewhere not protected and also disable your antivirus while installing if anything other than Security Essentials...

Disconnect from the web while you disable those...

Some use MyDocuments folders... No idea why... But I use a folder in C:\foldernanehere if that makes sense...

I am right this minute upgrading my Windows 8.1 Pro Surface Pro 2 to Windows 10 Pro... I previously tested DBPRO for compatibility in a technical release and it worked fine... Can tell you later how the official release fairs...

Non Sequitur M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2015 20:00
Eyugh! If the include method is only slightly slower in the long run, then I won't really worry about reinstalling DBPro. How fast is the comparison between exe launch time and frame rate between the two? If it's only like 10-30 more seconds of launch time and minus a couple fps, then I'll just use the include.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 09:25:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 09:25:13