Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Flash/HTML5 export? Linux?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just getting started with AGK2. I really enjoy it so far.

I am wondering though is there a way to export to the web using a Flash or HTML5 exporter? I would like to be able to publish my game to Itch and Kongregate. Also what about a Linux exporter?

It does not look like these are built in, but I wasn't sure if they could be purchased as add ons somehow?
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2015 20:14 Edited at: 27th Jul 2015 20:17
i believe construct2 / Clickteam Fusion / gamemaker / monkey support html5
my experience, do not expect html work with all browsers.
html is a annoying technique since the beginning of the web.
unity3d using a Web Player.
http://www.appgamekit.com/platforms-and-features.php

about linux,
i can see a AppGameKit 2.0.14b (Linux) (File Updated: 18th May 2015)
under My Products

AGK 108 (B)19 + AppGameKit (Steam) V2 Beta .. : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2015 20:18
There was once a bit of a buzz surrounding HTML5 and AppGameKit (Or rather, the now abandoned Freedom Engine Project, which was essentially a web based AGK), but no more.

I'm sure the newer versions of AppGameKit work with Linux, but I am unsure how you would go about exporting to such. I would assume it would be akin to the Windows version, where it generates an executable and the bytecode file and leaves it up to you to package it in whatever installer you see fit?

Neither of these things are available for purchase as an add on, but there is a Feature suggestion board on this forum, so you could always ask for them.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2015 01:50
AGK2 does now support Linux.

If you go to your TGC 'My Products' page, you will see a download for AppGameKit 2.0.14b (Linux).

I have not tried this as my poor Linux machine is currently hiding in a closet.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 04:13:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 04:13:19