Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Using media in another engine?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2015 11:46
Hey, guys. It is I, BedsideReaper, the guy that leaves for a while then comes back to ask questions. Sorry.

I know this has been covered before, but I needed some clarification on the legalities behind this. I own just over a dozen model packs and have some good 5 or 6 gigs of custom media, and as I understand, the model packs shouldn't be a problem. Whatever custom models I downloaded, I was sure to check that they we're usable in commercial projects, and so, I have a loooong list of usernames stored on a docx on my hard drive that I was always planning on consulting later in my games' credits.

I was wondering how to go about searching their license status as a lot of the sites and members hosting the original files aren't around anymore.

This is also troubling as I'm having a hard time remembering whose stuff belonged to who. (I just knew that when I made a game, I'd credit everyone)

I hope I'm not sounding like that guy. I really do love FPSC and especially love this community. Very supportive and very helpful. I just kept running into too many problems making build games. I mean, yeah, I'll still use FPSC as like, a practice pad or just for the fun of "Gmoding" for a night, but for now, I'm just waiting to get my hands on GameGuru, where I swear, I'll get something done.

Thanks ahead of time.

PS: I was hoping to share some screens of the projects I was working on throughout my period of working with FPSC. Sort of an homage or tribute. Could I put them in WIP or on the main FPSC Chat? Again, thanks! Sorry.

"I think I'm getting the 'Black Lung,' pop."

"Derrick, you've been down there for one day."
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2015 18:59
Hi BedsideReaper, nice to see you again
Quote: "a lot of the sites and members hosting the original files aren't around anymore"

I hear what your saying, I lot have moved to GG and some have just left. There really is no simple answer.
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2015 16:38
Hello, I think there is no restrictions about the way you are using the assets provided in the packs. The only prohibited thing is to redistribute them.

Utinni !
BedsideReaper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2015 12:40
@ncmako
Thanks, nice to be back, friend.
It's dark times for the FPSC Crew. Or what's left of us. lol

@Madcow
I kinda figured that that was so, but I wanted to check for a lot of the custom content that I've downloaded over the years. I mean, if it helps, it'll be used in adventure game studio or adventure game engine (I know, the difference between titles is amazing), pretty much just made in FPSC and using screenshots of test games and stuff.

"I think I'm getting the 'Black Lung,' pop."

"Derrick, you've been down there for one day."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:13:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:13:46