Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Ridiculously Glorious Beating - Indie Game Making Contest 2015

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, we're two new game developers who recently picked up agk in the humble bundle, and decided to enter the Indie Game Making Contest 2015.

Our submission can be found here:
http://contest.gamedevfort.com/submission/435

It's a 2d side scrolling fighter with a customisable skill mechanic. By defeating different enemies, you can mix and match the skills you learn in order to upgrade them and obtain new traits.

It was challenging to produce something this ambitious for our first game, but we're glad that we were able to pull through and complete it in time.

We hope that you enjoy it as much as we do, and we'll really appreciate any support we can get! We look forward to your feedback!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2015 03:26 Edited at: 9th Aug 2015 09:24
That looks really cool.
Congratulations on getting it done in time for the contest.
I like your artwork, and the shadows are a nice touch.

Welcome to the forums!

Edit
My download failed... the server must be really busy.
Oh well, I'll try try again.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BluePeaSoup
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi!

Thanks for liking our art! Means a lot to us since all the art in the game are done up by us (and we aren't exactly the most experienced game artists out there), and we're really glad that people notice it.

Hmm I just tested the download link again and it seems to be working. Please try again and let us know if it works, so we'll know whether to look more into it.

Once again, thanks for your support and feedback! Would love to hear more from you once you're able to download the file.

Cheers!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2015 09:24 Edited at: 9th Aug 2015 09:29
You are still on post moderation, so I had already edited my post before I ever got to see your reply.
So, I moved my edit down here.

I got the download to work!
Here is how far I got on the first try because I was having a hard time doing the special moves.
I finally figured out what I was doing wrong near the end of my health, but then it was too late.

MEDIC!!!

BluePeaSoup
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for taking the time to try out our game!

Do you feel that the instructions for executing the special moves were unclear? Or was the time window in which to press the specific keys too short?

Mixing up the special skills is pretty important to us as a selling point, so we hope to improve the ease of use of special skills.

Cheers!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2015 03:04
I accidentally hit the enter key twice, so it skipped a screen of the instructions.
I got the w+e thing but it only does it when I then hit the arrow key while holding them.
I was trying to hit the w+e while I was already holding the arrow key down, and it did nothing.
I'll try it again, and this time I will try to read all of the instructions.

It not you, it's me.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:28:30
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:28:30