Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Just a quick video of droidball improvements!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2015 04:41 Edited at: 14th Aug 2015 11:16
https://youtu.be/4c1NXUcOcTk

Let me know what you think, I have managed to keep the fps at a good speed, it was even capped at 60 so was doing well on this old notebook! Due to the ever changing data structures I cannot do many levels as each data change of course renders the previous saved level data useless!

Hail to the king, baby!

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2015 10:51
You've posted a link to the edit page for the video, it doesn't work for anyone else.

It's looking good, a nice demo of 3D in AGK.

Quote: "Due to the ever changing data structures I cannot do many levels as each data change of course renders the previous saved level data useless!"

In your data, start with a version number. Then in your code, you can read the version number and manage the data accordingly. When you save, update the data structure to your latest version.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2015 11:12 Edited at: 14th Aug 2015 11:52
ah,soz! thanks, must've been tired! I spent 18 hours coding!

I had to find out the speed issues with the landscape, it turned out that the light mode of the landscape object needed turning off as this is way too much calculation! But it looks cool enough, I hope one day they improve the lights within AppGameKit as this is the only thing that it is pretty weak at

Hail to the king, baby!

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2015 12:01
Looks great, Super Monkey Ball or Marble Madness springs to mind

The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!
shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
Marble Madness! was that on the spectrum first? Geez that takes me back! But I cannot develop much else at the moment as I said, but the future is bright! The game I have played before that i think was similar like this though is neither of them, it is one that was one the psx 1 called Kula World, if anyone remembers it ?!

Hail to the king, baby!

shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2015 20:13 Edited at: 14th Aug 2015 20:14
Batvink: yeh that solves half of it, I might do that, I am even reluctant to do anything before the physics are available, as this could add more possibilities, but I could always make a DroidBall 2 I guess! , I am slowly covering each game genre as much as I can, the platformer game type will be on hold of course until the animation and physics are available as I can see that using both, the First Person Shooter game type I can work on but again might need physics in the end to make it easier for me! the 3rd person game type is waiting mostly on the same, The editor overall will be ongoing until I am satisfied that I have made it as powerful and generic as possible
The last thing on the list multiplayer, but it is on the list!

Hail to the king, baby!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:33:16
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:33:16