Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Problem with GetRawKeyState() in AGK v2.0.14b Linux/Ubuntu

Author
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2015 20:21
Hello,

I'm currently facing a problem with the GetRawKeyState command on Linux (Ubuntu) (AGK v2.0.14b).

It should return "1" when i press the key ... and it does ... only during one or two seconds and comes back to "0" (even if i continue to press the key).

On Windows or Mac, no problem

Any suggestion ?

--------------
mouse13
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having the exact same issue on Linux Mint.

getrawkeyreleased() produces the same issue, too. It returns 1 before the key is released if the key is being held for longer than a second.
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 7th Sep 2015 00:09
This has been a known issue since May and TGC have said nothing about it. Very disheartening, especially since I would love to use AppGameKit for my game on my Kubuntu install.

Forum President until June 20th, 2016.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2015 14:12
if you hold the key in a text editor you get chars for 10 seconds?

AGK (Steam) V2 Beta .. : Windows 10 Pro, 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.7.1) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2015 15:00
I am sure that I read somewhere that the GetRaw..... commands are really only intended for Windows.
In the standard help File it does say

"Input-Raw

The commands listed in this section are for dealing with specific hardware requirements - they are not cross platform. You must check for existance on the current device before using them."

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 7th Sep 2015 19:27
No, they can't be only for Windows since the commands work just fine on Mac.

It's just some glitch that needs to be sorted, but it's hard to know if TGC will even do that. They've said nothing about the state of AppGameKit on Linux since they released the version for it back in May, they haven't even let us know if they'll continue support for it (if you can even call it support).

Since I'm a pretty serious Linux user I've had to explore other options, such as PyGame and Love2D.

Forum President until June 20th, 2016.
mouse13
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah same here. Without any word at all from the devs on what is, or will happen, there's not much point in putting anymore time into AGK. So I'm on the hunt for alternatives now too.

Just as a heads up, last time I checked all games made in Love2D can only be open source. In other words, it's impossible to make it closed source. If you're not planning on selling your games, that shouldn't be a problem, but I was close to half way through my first Love2D game before I found that out. :/
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2015 22:31 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2015 22:32
Quote: "Without any word at all from the devs on what is, or will happen, there\'s not much point in putting anymore time into AGK."

There has been comments made....Its useful to read the AGK Dev Thread

AGK User -
Quote: " \"I guess the GetRawKeyState bug was just too small of a bug to release a single update/fix for\"
"

Pauls response -
Quote: "I had a quick look at that but it appears it might be an OS issue, someone reported something similar happening to Java https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/issues/645, I\'ll have to wait until I bring the Linux version up to date to confirm."

Beta Test Age of Knights:https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_AgeOfKnights
Download JellyFish Dive:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
mouse13
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "There has been comments made....Its useful to read the AppGameKit Dev Thread"

Can you be more specific?
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2015 19:12
Well you guys got farther then me.

I have the editor for agk working but cannot get the compiled projects to run.

What else needed to be installed to get this working on the latest ubuntu?
www.sheldonscreations.com
mouse13
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Well you guys got farther then me.

I have the editor for agk working but cannot get the compiled projects to run.

What else needed to be installed to get this working on the latest ubuntu?"

I'm not completely sure but have you tried this?

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 16:26:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 16:26:50