Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Native crash at /system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2015 18:31
Saw my first crash report on Android Dev Console for my Phone Tap game yesterday. It was on a Galaxy S4 running Android 5. Has anyone else had problems with Android 5?

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Saw my first crash report on Android Dev Console for my Phone Tap game yesterday. It was on a Galaxy S4 running Android 5. Has anyone else had problems with Android 5?"

Does the crash report provide a logcat file? If so, post it here so we can see if we can figure out why it crashed.

Sean

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2015 01:11
Thanks HK. Here's what it shows:

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "#00 pc 00099e36 /system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so (JNIAudioPortCallback::~JNIAudioPortCallback()+21)
#01 pc 00099e61 /system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so (JNIAudioPortCallback::~JNIAudioPortCallback()+4)"

It seems to be an audio related issue in the JNIAudioPortCallback class, during its destructor call. It's possible that it is trying to deallocate memory that it no longer has access to.

I found this thread which might help: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=214008&b=46

Sean

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2015 02:06
You absolute star! Thanks for finding that, and for taking the time to reply. I'll revise my exit routine to jump to a label at the end of the code rather than using "End". Hopefully that will be bug squished

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Pumpkin Software
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2015 14:04
Hi,
I also had a problem when exiting my game using END on some devices, even going to an empty label didn't solve it for me, so did away with exiting.

AGK v2.11 + v2.0.14 Tier 1
Fruit 'n' Loot
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pumpkinsoftware.co.uk
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2015 16:12
If I could force my app to go into the background (in a similar way to pressing the home button) when the back button was pressed from my main menu, then that would be ideal, but there isn't any way to do this with AGK2 Tier1 at the moment.

I don't want to remove the back button functionality completely as I personally find it horribly frustrating when I get 'locked' into an app and have to exit via home/task manager. Also, just about every other app on Google play allows you to exit to the home screen with the back button, so we should be able to do the same with AGK. I'd like to see a "SendAppToBackground" command.

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:18:39
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:18:39