Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / MAD CATZ CNTL Bluetooth Controller Layout with diagram MOJO Android console

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2015 21:40 Edited at: 25th Aug 2015 21:41
Hi guys,

Ouya have basically stated they are no longer making consoles but instead becoming a software platform. so I looked into companies adopting the OUYA software platform. The one that caught my attention was the nVidia 3 based M.O.J.O games console from MAD CATZ. It's a nice little console and well priced too.

Anyway, as an AppGameKit developer my first question was "can I get the controller working?"

Short answer, YES!

Please be ware that the controller that comes with this console is sold separately. It is bluetooth controller that works with microconsoles, PC's and android devices. Control confuse it with the CNTLi which is for iOS. The CNTL only works with Android as far as I'm aware for mobile platforms.

Now, the CNTL has three modes with a selector switch, PC mode, Smart mode and Mouse mode. Mouse mode just turns the controller into a mouse. So I'm ignoring that one. The button layouts for Smart mode and PC mode on the microconsole are different. So I've mapped both of these.

SMART MODE running on MOJO Console with CNTL controller.

Before you ask, NO the media control buttons do not register as button presses.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2015 21:45 Edited at: 25th Aug 2015 21:46
The control layout changes with PC mode

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2015 23:12
Thanks for the info. It looks as if the Smart-mode uses a lot of the same key-codes as the original OUYA controller. Perhaps the PC-mode emulates the way keys are registered on a more standard / X360-controller?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:21:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:21:58