Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Transition Studio v1.0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 05:01
I have just finished a new application and was wondering if anyone would pay money for something like it and if so, then how much.

http://www.zac-interactive.dk/applications/TransitionStudiov1.0.zip

The demo version will put white lines across the transitions generated like shown in the image above.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 07:46
Although it looks good, and you've put a lot of effort in, I don't think people will pay money for something that most graphics apps already do. It may help some people who don't know how to use layers and alpha blends, though.

It looks professional. Maybe if you could add something extra to make it different from a graphics package. For example, how about a batch output that lets you save several variations of the current project?

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk/catalog AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
Mussi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 07:49
Nice looking app, but I doubt anyone would pay moeny for it only contains basic stuff.

Specs: AMD Athlon 1800+, 256 DDRRam 266mhz, 80GB HD 7200rmp U133, Geforce4 Ti4400 128mb
zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 15:16
It does batch output. If you select All under Generate and hit Gradient, it will generate one image for each the 32 gradients. But you probably right in that it could be too focused on this one particular thing. I know that with photoshop or the like, you could do something similar, but not this easy. And if your skills with a graphical program isn't really there then this would be an easy way of making some nice looking tiles for a game.
x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Give it the abillity to make a texture from scratch in addition to this (unless it already has that and i'm overlooking something).

Dont limit its demo functionallity. You didnt with your other app and that was the first thing that held my interest and convinced me to give it serious consideration.

Take Milkshape 3D for example. Shareware is an excellent concept. I used it, appreciated it and bought it a week later. As well as CharacterFX.

- This message is made of 100% recycled bits and bytes
x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Make something for particle effects. I need a snow fall =p

zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 21:46 Edited at: 5th Oct 2004 21:47
It cannot make textures from scratch, as I made it because I needed to make some texture tiles for a game I started working on, and that is why I made the application. I have Texture Maker and PhotoShop, but this is really easy for me to use and makes all the possible tiles I need with a few clicks. I usually get a lot of tools done, and not that many games.

The reason why I limited the application is that people actually for the most part never ever bother with paying for software that is essentially fully functional and wouldn't get anything extra from paying. I know that some does, but the majority doesn't. At least that is my impression.

As far as particles goes, then I have a fully working particle engine, but its for Blitz3d, I haven't gotten around to use my DBPro that much yet. Actually I haven't made a single program with it yet, but most of the tools that people make can be used by anyone regardless of programming language, which is why I have posted here a few times.

Interested parties can try out the first built of the effect editor for it here:
http://zac-interactive.dk/demos/particleEditor.zip

A few of the features of the editor doesn't work yet, but it give an idea about what could be done with the engine.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 21:46
I'm not sure that people would pay for something like that, I mean there are other options - but if you add in some terrain map blending stuff too - like using a heightmap as the mask layer, and allowing nice simple texture ranging to generate a texture for advanced terrains. Thing is that most people are avoiding matrices and going for advanced terrains these days.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 21:50
Quote: "but if you add in some terrain map blending stuff too - like using a heightmap"

If I understand that correct, then that is what the application I posted previously here does. The one called Terrain Media Generator, which I offered for free.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 22:16
Ahh, right - maybe then, you could compile a suite of your tools and sell those? - like your terrain heightmap renderer, your transition creator, and a particle editor. Most people won't mind paying for a neat little package like that.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 22:32
well i could use the funkyness of the texture mixer, and the particle thingy would be good if it works with dbpro, but i dunno how much i'd really want to pay for them,

zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 23:29
I think I will be doing what a friend of mine suggested, and that is to wait until I get around to actually completing a game using the tools I create and then use that as a showcase for the tools that I have built in the mean time for it. I am afraid that I wouldn't know how to recode the particle engine for DBPro as I haven't had any experience using that programming language yet. I bought both Blitz and DBPro at the same time, but got started on Blitz first and like it.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 23:36
zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2004 00:57
Quote: "Booooooooo!"
??
x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
The Mod has a solid idea. Make suite. No body cares what its written in as long as it works. Offer all as individual shareware and/or as 1 package at reduced rate. Offer manuals and tuts /w registration and tech support as well as free updates. Non registerd gets it as it comes, no updates, no tuts or manuals, no support.

Dude, your work is good. need some polishing and maybe an added feature or two but its solid.

zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2004 05:19
@x1b, thanks, and yes it sounds like a good idea. I will work on making some manuals for my tools and see what I can do to make the tools work together easily. Perhaps even combining some of them. I have a lot of small tools that seperately might not be that useful, but combined might be good.

I will be back once I have worked on it some more. Thanks for the tips so far guys.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2004 09:36
Quote: "??"

hehe sorry you just said that you liked blitz, this is the db forums so i booo'ed you was only a joke, i tried out your particle thingy, was pretty neato.

zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2004 14:41
Ah ok, I was a bit confused for a moment there. But now I see what you mean, hehe. Good point.
Kequor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2004 09:19
I made this in five minutes with his demo. Theres a easy way to get past the white lines.

Dont worry and keep a cool head. And click the URL below the image.

http://www.kalepia.cjb.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kequor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2004 09:21 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2004 09:22
Look to the right of the post.

Attachments

Kequor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2004 09:37
Heres another example.

Attachments

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2004 02:38
zawran, I'd pay $5 for that if it does batch processing and handles large texture sizes .

Kequor, your signiture size breaks the rules; please shrink it to within 120x600 pixels.

Preparing for a month of insanity, inspiration and insight... again!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:55:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:55:06