Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Rush: The Team Request

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
RUSH

Note: Image heavy Request

These pics wow you? Well the 2D illustrations were done in paint.

The team I'm representing is known as Strawberry Crush Team and we are developing a platformer known as Rush. We have many music composers , a few 3D modellers, and people for presentation (including me). The team leader known around here as Onimusha has asked that I post this request up but since there is no team request forum anymore we decided to post our request here. We ask that if it's locked that a moderator could wait for a few replys just so people can see it for a few days, after a week we dont care if its locked.

We have made progress on this game. There is an engine in development and it's been under development for 3 months. I have not been given any screens of the engine in it's current state to present to you however I do have some older pics of the early engine:

Note: The graphics are at a much better state as of now.

So anyways lets get to the point shall we?

We are in need of a 3 modellers for our game.

-------------------------------
2 Scenery Modellers:
Your Job(s): You must design object that can be placed in cutscenes and throughout the various levels of the game. Scenery objects include, things like cannons for enemys to use against the player trees (fauna and flora in general), and items like booster pads and various otherthings.

1 Character / General Modeller:
Your Job(s) : You will be need to model various objects like enemies, npcs, and playable characters for the games. However if you are able to you may be asked to model other kinds of things like items to pick up in a level or help out with scenery.

----------------------------

If you are interested in joinin our team then you contact us through various email adresses.

animeblood@gmail.com
hypercombo3@aol.com
strawberrycrushteam@yahoo.com
gokz1000@gmail.com

Just make the subject about joining our team.

If you would like more info on the game Onimusha has given me this for you to read:

Mini Development Document:
--------------------------
Background knowledge:

Currently being developed by StrawberryCrush team is a innovative enthralling fast-action platformer starring a futuristic mischievous hero Rush. The game has been in development for over 3 months and is going to be published on PC CD-ROM/PC DVD. The game will be an enthralling compilation of action, high-speed and most of all retro platforming.

1. Game Preface

A young adult known only as "Rush" bearing white hair, has been responsible for some of the biggest theft operations in history. His high-speed and dexterity have made him uncontainable by the police force and his true guise is unknown. A fugitive in society, Rush is in too deep to change his ways so he perseveres, living off the remnants of a once supernatural rush of being a grandmaster thief.
Yet, still as the world turns; karma draws ever nearer, and seeing signs of police discoveries already Rush knows that the law is close to imprisoning him forever.

Rush, although a criminal by deed, feels remorseful for his actions and looks hopelessly into space for a
chance to redeem himself.

2. Game Story

One day as Rush trained for his next big hustle, a fleet of vessels shrowded the ground with smoke. A space tyrant by the name of Nonagon had invaded the futuristic world of Cryzo with his gigantic intergalactic armada and began their exploit of reaping the planet's wonderous minerals - the "Silver Seeds". In the hope of harvesting them to create a dangerous indestructable mercenary, "Nonabeast".

Nonagon banished all the inhabitants of Cryzo into an alternate dimension in order to build another new empire on Cryzo. By chance, Rush somehow did not get banished by Nonagon and sets out to find the cause of this disturbance,.somehow knowing that his voyage could lead to the pardoning of his crimes.

Can Rush save this crisis? Can Rush bring back the people of Cryzo? Will Nonagon ever build his Nonabeast?

Cryzo is in your hands.

3. Task:

StrawberryCrush Team is in need of exceptional high-standard modellers, to make truly striking, furious anime-esque characters for this wonderous platforming game aimed at the teen market. We would like you to create as vividly as you can from the level descriptions; unique enemies, and scenery for each level that follows the platforming style, with whatever applications you feel comfortable with.

There are 11 single player levels in the game and 5 extra unlockable levels (bonus stages) each with an huge, gruelling, end-of-level boss. The levels are listed below, I've included some countries on Earth as a guide to give you an idea of what the levels are like.

1) Bamboo Greens
Description:- Somewhere in China, in the distant future (imagine the lush forests) and Rush is racing through it; pandas are dotted around the place, sakura, flowers, waterfalls and small animals are around and bamboo trees litter the landscape it's quite relaxing.

2) Blazing Valley
Description:- The volcano-ridden valleys of sun soaked Italy, blazing olive groves, sleeping dragons, falling boulders, action taking place inside and outside the volcanoes. Everything is trying to burn you. Huge pillars and fire geysers burst from the ground.

3) Frosty Forest
Description:- The snowy plains of Alaska, the atmosphere of high winds, huge chasms, blizards, ice lakes and delicate crystal caverns combined with a high speed thrill ride.

4) Techno Haven
Description:- Inside the internet, lines, dots, bright colours, lasers and retro 70's/80's designs bombard the screen. The level is awash with bright lights and falling tetris-style internet addresses. So much to see good and bad.

5) Magical Love City
Description:- All over the world people come together in this pink arcade of bliss, japanese themed and vibrant brightly coloured gardens, hearts drifting across the sunset sky bright lights and J-pop bounce off the walls. A teen utopia. It's Rush's party time.

6) Spring Water Lagoon
Description:- The relaxing natural beauty of a new morning in Canada. blue skies, high trees, slow pace of life, mountains and valleys. Rush chills out, there's no real threats here. A breath of fresh air.

7) Sky-High drifts
Description:- High winds, looking down at the world, one step wrong and you'll fall off, the story is coming to an eld almost, Rush is feeling strength that he's never felt before... Leaps and traps aplenty Rush burns rubber in the air!

Midnight Rush
Description:- Tokyo at night, bright lights, cool people lots going on - fun, fun, fun, billboards people shouting yeah! Racing through the streets; bustling business and excitement resonates over the city.

9) Gizmo tower
Description:- Somewhere in tthe middle of Singapore, Rush enters a tower nearly piercing the sky, Rush is determined he's pushing his body beyond the bounds to reach his final destination but robots and machinery are getting in the way, all there is left to do is to break through the barriers and he's there, it'll be a struggle but it'll be worth it.

10) NONAGON Cruiser
Description:- This cruiser is huge and Rush has to get inside as it speeds through an alternate dimension, hate, anger, fury and rage permeate furiously out of the cruiser and every sort of villainous trap is here inside the cruiser, it's almost a huge tomb; an enginered maze of extreme evil and doom. Spikes and lasers, Ancient comets and stars, the adventure is coming to it's climax.

11) Vs. NONAGON
Description:- Atop a platform in a space nebula; The final war of good and evil rages. Rush is pitted against the most huge, devilish machine ever constructed; all he has is his burning fury and his fists to finally rid the universe of Nonagon forever.

6. Rewards

Mention in the RUSH game credits, manual and future SCT games.
Free copy of game for each member
Entitled to equal amount of money in
Can refer to StrawberryCrush Team as a reference, experience
All access to SCT forums and have your views expressed
Have your ideas turned into games.
Become a StrawberryCrush Team team member

Should you require any further information please contact me directly at hypercombo3@aol.com or at the StrawberryCrush team account : strawberrycrushteam@yahoo.com

This document, the game implied and all related material are ©Copyright 2005 StrawberryCrush Team

Please note: I contaceted IanM about posting this 2 or 3 weeks ago so I did get an okay to do this although I was informed it would be locked at some stage however once again I ask that you give us at least a week of it unlocked so it can have some replys so it wont sink so quickly to the bottom.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2005 21:52
Well, you didn't contact me first before posting it ... but it's a really great team request anyway

To those want to reply - there are many email addresses in the post. Please use them.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
flibX0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2005 22:00
Quote: "Please note: I contaceted IanM about posting this 2 or 3 weeks ago"

Quote: "Well, you didn't contact me first before posting it"

Oooh, controversy

You can't wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2005 22:05
I would have made a forum for the team request then just put in a link, of course have all that text and images to show people what we are doing, then at least we'd be able to discuss this better with out any worries of locking.

PS wow rush has a mouth now, I better download the update texture for when I animate him

http://seppukuarts.95mb.com (website)
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2005 12:17
Hehe nice job your request is in the newsletter

/me rushes off to make a better one

JK Great job Anime - If all the requests were like this, we wouldnt have had to close my home (team request board)

Click here to join our forums and get updates on game progress sooner!
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't see this in the newsletter lemme go check...

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2005 06:51
weeeww!!!!A form of advertisement, nice work on the request....anyways is the up to date model of rush on the yahoo thingy still if not email me or msn me for a link or download, cos I can't animate him with out his mouth lol
Thanx

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't have it as I'm not one of the programmers, anyways lets get back on topic is anyone interested in joining?

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2005 07:09
I guess I have never seen so much pointy hair and glaring teeth before. I'm actually afraid!

-This...is my boomstick!
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2005 08:51
Finally, a request worthy of existance. The story and levels seem pretty interesting. Unfortunatly I can't model (or do anything like that), so I can't help you, but good luck.

Just wondering something, is that model animated?......

"Lets migrate like bricks" - Me
The Samurai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2005 10:41
Lol like above. We are working on animation. @Cellbloc Studios - No Fear My MOM is here!

-Celsius Zero
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 08:25
Yup progress in animation = 1%, 1% being me trying to see if rush will run fast enough under my 3D modeller to animate, and well its fine under 800x600 for me, unless I use Cinema 4D lol

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2005 11:34
Mind if I post my tune?

Crazy Donut Productions
Current Project: A Redneck game
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Go ahead it's just more work to show off but it doesn't seem like anyone here is interested.

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2005 10:19
Hokeypokey: http://www.cdpgames.com/pub_files/RUSHtheme.mp3

Crazy Donut Productions
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2005 10:26
That's one tricked out tune O_o

"We make the worst games in the universe."

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 14:31
Thanks Peter_.

Crazy Donut Productions
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2005 08:06
Just to keep up to date, heres apart of the opening movie which is still under progress,

I would post the vid, but I gotta go elsewhere

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
As I've said at SCT I love the last pic. Anyways is anyone here interested by any chance in joining our team? We are still in need of all the listed memebers!

BF game programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2005 13:38
id like to join but i just began 3d modling so im probrably not what your lookin for. looks like a great game though

james bond rules and star wars
STALKER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2005 13:49 Edited at: 30th May 2005 22:45
I'll think about it. Got so much school work to do I can barely breathe though. I have a 5 day weekend next week, and then a few weeks after is school holidays. If you still need it I might do some models. Ill get a link to my work If you wanna se some of my stuff.

Edit- Crap I deleted most of my stuff I didnt need. Ill see what I have left.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v616/vanhousen/

>>>>>>>>>>>MIRAGE STUDIOS<<<<<<<<<<<
>>MEDIEVAL CARNIVAL<->GLADIATOR ARENA<<
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
is that blur realy in the game? or it just photoshop/3dmax effect?

By the time you finish reading this, you realize you have wasted 5sec. of your life!
click here to return your 5sec.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2005 20:09
soz guys looks like DS on our team saying from the sct forums sounds like he wants to take over the video, so it may look differant now.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Well Seppuku I think you should stick with it. That blur is a rendering effect according to Seppuku at our team boards as that is an openeing movie and the robot is moving towards Rush. Anyways Stalker I've seen your work and your pretty good I think Oni(our team leader) would be happy to have you once your availble just email our team email in the first post with some of your work.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2005 18:17
Yeah, I could, i think it would make DS happy if I used his trees, but he said he cannot keep the texture with them....well we'll see what he comes up with, unless he changes his mind over Gokz's new timetable

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
what u guys saying on that picture?

By the time you finish reading this, you realize you have wasted 5sec. of your life!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Gogeta read the full posts and you'd get your answer.

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
answer? about what?

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2005 06:51
The question you asked! Pay attention!

[url]andrewneale2004@yahoo.com[/url]
http://www.elbsoftware.tk
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2005 07:51
in other words, anime is saying we don't need another logo, good try tho, and thanks for your sense of help, but if you are interested, read what parts we got open, assuming we still need more members

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
lol.. the logo is for fun.. i was bored a little so i disided to make it FOR FUN!

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I answered your question about the blur in the picture, anyways can we please get back on subject? Stalker your photobucket account requires a password so you need to select it so the public can view it.

Dark Serpent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2005 02:08 Edited at: 28th Jun 2005 02:10
Ok I know Im bumping an old thread but im part of SCT and I have a messege.

OK we desperatly need some experienced moddelers. We only had a few to begin with and some arent good enough nd some wont work. If your someone who has a freebie moddeler and can extrude stuff so ur like "oh maybe i can help" NO! I need people with raw excperience.

e-mail me at swordblazer00@yahoo.com and u MUST present prievious work. we have enough people that just decided to join...I havent heard from most of them. We just dont need anymore peple who just cant model well So if U have experience PLEASE we need your help. just for a little insight the first thing u will probably be doing is working on a jungle level and some enemies for the game.

Note: this is not a sepparet team request but an add on to this one to enphisize the need for experienced moddelers.

Join my team, make games for the masses! Go Team Bolt Rocket!!! http://www.freewebs.com/teamboltrocket/
BF game programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2005 02:53
post something in the 3D section and you may have some luck (just a suggestin)

Dark Serpent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2005 02:44
no because i dont want to post another team request just for it to get locked

Join my team, make games for the masses! Go Team Bolt Rocket!!! http://www.freewebs.com/teamboltrocket/
Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2005 02:53
I thought this was Rush the band, but still cool.

"And C++ has 2 version Microsoft visual C++ and Bordland C++."
Killonyas Slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2005 07:43
I wish I could help, but I'm too unexperienced.

-"I'm over twice as strong as I was when we last met"-
-"Good, Twice the fall, double the glory"-
LordMaud
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, sorry I can't be of help with regards to modelling, and I know you already said that you had a musician, but I'd like to offer my services as such, just in case! This project sounds cool.

Just one (low quality, to ease transference) MP3, if you want more, just contact me.

http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2TR9TXOGVXCJI2FDU2E6WH3I7T

Anyway, good luck with this, I like the sound of it.

Lord Maud
BF game programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2005 12:43
Quote: "no because i dont want to post another team request just for it to get locked
"

just a thought!

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes we are heavy on music makers however we may discuss having you as a member later. Will listen to the song then too.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
WE ARE DESPERATLY NEED EXPERIANCED ANIMATORS

Hey its SCT right now, as we are missing a member a few of our team members have been given alot of work and mainly in the animation department since two of our modellers are just starting with animation, one whos pretty much gotten it down the other who hasnt started learning, thats why we are in need of an experianced,good,animator. We have emailed someone who asked to join under this position (William Hart) and are awaiting a reply from him however we will only take the best we can get so if you would like to join, join these messageboards:
http://sct.afraid.org
And post under News and Annoucments something along the lines of requesting an animation test to see if you can join please take this seriously we are really in need of animators.

My Blog Is Seriously Disturbing. Come and Be Disturbed!
onimusha
Years of Service
User Offline
Please check out our team website at : [href]www.strawberrycrush.4t.com[/href] to find out more!

- All's well ends well ! -
Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 21:38
What's the game about?

shooters rule!
Killonyas Slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 07:15
@dbrocker

read the first page

-"I'm over twice as strong as I was when we last met"-
-"Good, Twice the fall, double the glory"-
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 01:28
well I don't think we need those animators, I mean I've worked it out in Cinema 4D, and well Dark Serpant has already animated most of Rush. Slap me if I'm wrong to say we don't need one. And well I don't have much planned until the holiday except my CC, Sephiroth is nearly complete, just need to do a severed pikachu and well the rest will be very quick for the CC and this can be what I do mostly

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Well that William Hartman fellow is goign to post up soon I just got an email from him and I think it would help stress wise to have another animator.

My Blog Is Seriously Disturbing. Come and Be Disturbed!
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 19:43
I guess so, that means I'll only have to animate Sabre and his suits and ADK and then continue modelling

http://seppukuarts.afraid.org
PC- 1.5ghz 64mb graphics gforce 2 256mb ram. And a pain in the butt
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
so how many ppls there are making Rush?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2005 16:14
From the top of me head

Seppuku - Modelling/animation
Animeblood - 2D stuff (music? I dunno I know he can do music)
Dark Serpant- Modelling/Animation
Onimusha - Modelling/texture/2D concept art/design/team leader
Gokz (Zedane on this forum) - Lead programmer
soapyfish(formally Play 2 kill) - Programmer
Celsius Zero (The Samurai on this forum) - modelling
BearCDP - Music
JahMagic - Music
Jimpo - Programming
Maybe william hartman if he accepted
we used to have Designer X (Deadly Shadow on here) but under circumstances we kicked him off the team

http://seppukuarts.afraid.org
PC- 1.5ghz 64mb graphics gforce 2 256mb ram. And a pain in the butt
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
10/11 ppls over Rush huh? well i expecting to c a good results of that game

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 03:09:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 03:09:35