Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / New tune - Hurricane

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2005 03:47
Just thought I'd drop my newest here for you to checkout. This is moody dnb with a nice mid section breakdown and a healthy dark atmosphere. As always, I'm not putting these up here for my health. If you want music for your game and like my sounds, you only have to ask ... and have a product that is at least at demo stage. I still haven't found a single project to write a sound track for. Nobody seems to finish anything, or the people that do finish things, never go looking for musicians.

Anyway, take a listen and any feedback welcome. Obviously not gonna lend itself too well to ambient background game music, but it should tear up your speakers and make you tap your feet like a madman.

Hurricane (7.8MB)

Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2005 04:14 Edited at: 30th May 2005 04:16
That is some awesome music. Ashame I have nothing to use it for currently, but a VERY welll done job.

That would actually work very well for a FPS "attack-mission" music.

Im only "Apolloed" In Spirit
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2005 04:39
That's sweet!

How do you make your music (are you actually playing a majority of that or is it majorily programmed. Or both?)

My less-pimp name was Mattman.
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2005 04:43
Nothing played at all. I don't have any midi keyboard or anything hooked up. It's all individual sound samples, sampled or generated in software synths then sequenced. Glad you like it mate.

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2005 04:46
cool. What software?

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2005 05:17
I used Skale tracker, which is not recommended. It's beta, simple, not too powerful and buggy, but it's based on software I learnt to write music in about 10 years a go, so I'm really productive in it, even if it's quite simple. You're better to start on something like FruityLoop Studio or Reason etc.

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2005 07:05
w00t, another release from Fallout... Will have a listen as soon as possible, judging by your previous tunes tho it'll be just as kick-arse.

PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
nice work
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2005 18:20
Listening now, loved your other stuff.

EDIT - Good, like something from the late 90's PlayStation scene

Dumbo and Cool - July 31st, $9.99
Also this year - Oddworld RTS
Next year... The Old Remedy 2 and Scarecrow!
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2005 01:28
Nice to hear mate! Glad you're a fallout fan!

KYP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2005 08:45
wow, im listining and it rocks!
anyway, im working on a game and could i use this? if you want a demo, id be happy to show you one... but first i need to figure out how to get it so that you could play...

program 'till your butt falls off, and never give up.
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2005 09:13
I'm actually really liking Skale. If you are not busy, could you contact me by MSN sometime? I have just a few questions for an experienced user like you that obviously knows is stuff (so far I've gotten a few samples and got a song, now to work out some good melodies)

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2005 09:15
@young programmer

I'd rather write music specifically for a project than put forward one of my breakbeat-terrorism releases into a game. Then I can ensure there is a gap between both worlds, so someone doesnt listen to my tune on a CD, and then hear it in a computer game. I'll drop you an email if you want to talk more.

@Edgar Van Buren
No probs. Drop me a line when you catch me and I'll see if I can offer some help.

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2005 11:48
Are you gonna contact me or do you wanna email me your MSN?

[sorry I'm just confused ]

Maleck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2005 13:23
I am going to take a listen shortly. I will be looking for some background music once I am at the demo point of my project, but seriously it is a bit away. I am glad there is at least one person out there available for music for us that are musically challenged (I can get most all the other parts done but this one).

I am going to check out your other tracks also and let you know what I think.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2005 13:30
thats cool, i was just practising with soundtrack on the mac to make ambient chill electronica as well. good work

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself 
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2005 13:54
Fallout, you know I always love your stuff.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2005 18:10 Edited at: 8th Jun 2005 18:10
Fallout, you get better and better with the DnB everytime man. Keep pushing out these awesome tunes.

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROY JENKINS!!
http://blog.myspace.com/erict An Alternative to Mouse's blog. Now with more lowbrow opinions.
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2005 05:05
Thanks for the good feedback guys. I'll always throw up my tunes here in the slim hope that somebody will enrole me onto a decent project that's gonna make it to the finished product! Just bear in mind I'm not limited to this style only - breakbeat is my specialty, but atmospheric background music, and even orchestral are all doable.

@Maleck
When you get there, if you're still after music, drop me a line.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:35:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:35:02