Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / DarkBOXER

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If you don't have at least one joystick or joypad then you can't use this. 9.8 MB ZIP
With only one joystick, you can putz around with it. To actually experience everything (for example there are round card girls and video) then you'll have to have 2 controllers and ideally 2 human players.

When the health status of a boxer drops to zero, that boxer is knocked out and the boxing match is over.

If the match finishes without a KO, or in the event of a simultaneous KO, the winner is determined to be the boxer which delivered the most punishment. In a case of a tie on the most force delivered, the tiebreaker goes to the boxer using the fewest punches to deliver the damage. If needed, the second tiebreaker is the closest to 50% left and right punching. The third tiebreaker is best health (both zero in the case of a simultaneous KO). The fourth and final tiebreaker is greatest remaining strength. If all five factors are equal, then the match is a draw, which is highly unlikely.

As usual, for whatever reason there are no reported bugs. Be the first!

Peace, the anti-Bush.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2005 23:44 Edited at: 26th Jul 2005 23:45
Haven't played it, I don't do Joysticks. BUT I think this could be made really good by making it look like one of those 1970's boxing games. Anyone remember them? They were plastic, had a red and blue boxer, and you hammered each other until one of the boxers popped up.

BatVink
heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 02:42 Edited at: 27th Jul 2005 03:22
But BatVink, that is just what I did except on a KO the head does not pop up, instead the boxer falls down.

Here in the Homeland we called them Rockem Sockem Robots.

That is just the way the program turned out because when I started I was going for a 2 player version of Activision's BOXING on the 2600.

Now just what do you mean "I don't do Joysticks."? Sounds like you are refusing to do something nasty.

For a console experience you need a joy device or two. They start at about $10 in most shops. Here's another one of my 2 joystick games. It has a sucky keyboard/joystick mode, for those of you who only have one stick.
http://www.heartbone.com/various/SlotRacers.html

Peace, the anti-Bush.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 05:18
I'm just starting to "do" PS2's! I prefer strategy games, that need a full keyboard. When I do play action games, it takes me too long to get used to a joystick/pad, that I go back to the keyboard.

I actually have a joystick with a "hat" thingy and extra buttons, it just doesn't get out much.

You obviously did exactly what you intended, I guessed what it was straight away! The only extra thing I was thinking of was for the boxers to be stationary.

BatVink
heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
Well you can make the boxers stand still if you want.

Also if you want the original Rockem Sockem/Raving Bonkers colours you select boxers #3 versus #7. The squares in the graphic can be replaced with your custom boxer faces in the game.

Peace, the anti-Bush.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:39:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:39:48